Syd Barrett

I Don't Want To Sound Like A Broken Record, but...

Duping is taking the fun out of this game. I have been to every base  many times these past few weeks and found no major weapons. I went through every milk and cranny of Tisy, which is a huge base and found absolutely nothing. I'm hoping that a major wipe by Bohemia can eliminate this stupidity. 

Bohemia, please help.

I thoroughly love this game, but a few turd apples have spolied a good time for everybody.

Killed a guy last night who was so geared, M4 decked out with 10 mags and loads of ammo, the new hunting rifle with loads of ammo, and ballistic vest with all the pouches. His vest didn’t do much against my AK. That’s how you get guns now, kill the duper’s, forget the mil bases.

• Like 2

Last time I died I had a completely full ammo can of ak ammo. 12 full mags and a decked ak. Was rather sad but just before that I was able to video me killing someone with a landmine. Really made my day. Only reason I found a ak was after picking it up from a dead person 

So are you guys playing on public hive ?? Cause if so i would switch to a community server. Thats where less dickheads and more serious players like to play. I'm in Australia and i play on dayzdownunder and its an excellent community of like minded players who want to play the game as it was intended.

5 hours ago, Syd Barrett said:

I'm hoping that a major wipe by Bohemia can eliminate this stupidity. 

A wipe doesn't help much tho, if duping dont get fixed.

1 minute ago, liquidcactus said:

So are you guys playing on public hive ?? Cause if so i would switch to a community server. Thats where less dickheads and more serious players like to play. I'm in Australia and i play on dayzdownunder and its an excellent community of like minded players who want to play the game as it was intended.

There is no private/community servers on Xbox since preview came out.

Its on their list tho and isnt ez tp implement either due to a non existenting app to manage the server for example etc etc

1 hour ago, xhardcorefishx said:

There is no private/community servers on Xbox since preview came out.

Its on their list tho and isnt ez tp implement either due to a non existenting app to manage the server for example etc etc

Ahhh yes thats rather unfortunate. Damn that could take ages too. Me and a freind were arrested by a bunch of UN members sometime ago, they had been attacked by a bandit sniper and searched my back pack for a red arm band, It was a very engaging experience. The community servers a the best.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

But if they were to wipe all the servers at least everyone would get a fair shot at getting a weapon

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Ahhh yes thats rather unfortunate. Damn that could take ages too. Me and a freind were arrested by a bunch of UN members sometime ago, they had been attacked by a bandit sniper and searched my back pack for a red arm band, It was a very engaging experience. The community servers a the best.

Can't wait for private servers. Imma do a RP server for sure. Play the game as it was ment to be played.

• Like 1

A lot of people are blaming duping on cod style players who pvp the coast.

I actually think the more "hardcore" Milslim and organised factions are the biggest offenders. There's a huge amount obsession with having matching  uniforms and loadout plus quite a lot of these players on discord are getting shot and within a few hours are dropping in discussion that they are running m4s and aks with full ghillies  etc. This is clearly from duped stashes.

These players while embracing the games lore building factions etc are also doing this by underhanded means.

• Like 1

I can across two protective cases in a bush outside a Mil camp where both of them had the exact same amount of 308 ammo "clips" (uneven number) groupings, so that must have been duped, so I guess that duping is still a very big problem in Dayz.

I have also not really found anything other than SKS's at Mil camps and obviously the usual SG5, FX45 and plenty of attachments for the M4/KAM, but still none of these found anywhere currently, really this game used to be full of different weapons that if you had to run to any Mil tent/base, you could definitely leave there with something decent at least, cant even find the USG45 anymore.

Pre Xmas there were too many aks and m4s and everyone was complaining about that. I remember the mp5 was really rare then too. Whenever I'd get a mp5 id normally get rid of it before I found a mag as I'd find an m4 or ak easier.

It's been years but when I played on pc i think the m4 and all were the rarest spawning Ars in barracks but you could also find ak74s, Ak74us and ak 101s.

Is the lack of M4's and AK's an Xbox only problem? As the poster above me mentioned, the M4 used to be pretty rare in 0.62, as with almost all Western weapons. This should be the same in the current DayZ, especially when more weapons make their way into the game.

Scuse me having to ask, but - What's the deal with automatic weapons anyway?  Why are you wasting your game-time looking for them?

firearms :

pick up any ammo you find, you can throw it away later

fit yourself out with a nice pump shotgun, there are plenty around.. and shells are not rare..  And add a .45 to that when you get the chance... .. hmm? .. spare mag, silencer, as you come across them .. not too difficult to find those things  .. you don't even have to go anywhere high-risk to trip right over them.
Then search around and unexpectedly you will pick up a VERY NEAT hunting rifle with a good scope   ..  you probably already have half a dozen rounds that fit that..

- and THEN you are TOTALLY SET  ..     

those 3 weapons give you everything you want in the game  - Now you can play it ANY WAY it can be played..

And ps .. instead of wasting your time looking for worn AK's  - I always think a STONE KNIFE is a more important basic thing to have (ain't that the truth, folks?).  Like my Buddy the Cuthroat Cannibal always say "  Nobody aint duping no stone knives because they is as dumb as an horses arse. "
Soon as you can, make one & keep it in your pack (worth the time) , then pick up a couple of stones as you go so you can make another when you feel like it; I keep them even when I have other knives and hatchets.. they are durable too..

apart from that a - roll of gaffer tape to repair ANYTHING .. and what the hell else do you need to LIVE FREE & FEAR NOTHING & NOBODY   ??   Now you can be a loner or a woodsman or a stone cold killer or you can be the man with no name or the leader of the tribe or the Evilest Bastard in the Valley.

ain't that the truth ?

xxP

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

29 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Scuse me having to ask, but - What's the deal with automatic weapons anyway?  Why are you wasting your game-time looking for them?

firearms :

pick up any ammo you find, you can throw it away later

fit yourself out with a nice pump shotgun, there are plenty around.. and shells are not rare..  And add a .45 to that when you get the chance... .. hmm? .. spare mag, silencer, as you come across them .. not too difficult to find those things  .. you don't even have to go anywhere high-risk to trip right over them.
Then search around and unexpectedly you will pick up a VERY NEAT hunting rifle with a good scope   ..  you probably already have half a dozen rounds that fit that..

- and THEN you are TOTALLY SET  ..     

those 3 weapons give you everything you want in the game  - Now you can play it ANY WAY it can be played..

And ps .. instead of wasting your time looking for worn AK's  - I always think a STONE KNIFE is a more important basic thing to have (ain't that the truth, folks?).  Like my Buddy the Cuthroat Cannibal always say "  Nobody aint duping no stone knives because they is as dumb as an horses arse. "
Soon as you can, make one & keep it in your pack (worth the time) , then pick up a couple of stones as you go so you can make another when you feel like it; I keep them even when I have other knives and hatchets.. they are durable too..

apart from that a - roll of gaffer tape to repair ANYTHING .. and what the hell else do you need to LIVE FREE & FEAR NOTHING & NOBODY   ??   Now you can be a loner or a woodsman or a stone cold killer or you can be the man with no name or the leader of the tribe or the Evilest Bastard in the Valley.

ain't that the truth ?

xxP

I definitely agree with all this, I just wanted to check whats "available" at the mil tents/camps but actually nothing so far however I have picked up allot 762.39 ammo which I'm currently sticking to with a unsupressed 45.

My point is there were some CLE changes from the latest patch notes and a mension of a small "dupe" fix in the video stream, but like before the patch release, the mils are all empty basically, however I dont have any issue with just using a 12G with 00buck, then possibly a pistol (suppressed preferred) for the z's in case.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

9 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Can't wait for private servers. Imma do a RP server for sure. Play the game as it was ment to be played.

I’ve got my fingers crossed we’ll see private/community servers soon.

Maybe I’ve got some rose tinted glasses from watching early pc rp vids, though those style of servers seem like a dream.

Sign me up!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, amadieus said:

Is the lack of M4's and AK's an Xbox only problem? As the poster above me mentioned, the M4 used to be pretty rare in 0.62, as with almost all Western weapons. This should be the same in the current DayZ, especially when more weapons make their way into the game.

According to some seasoned pc players, duplicating used to be an issue, though not anymore it seems.

On Xbox back on .63 there weren’t any issues finding M4s and AKs. You could go into any mil base, hell even a checkpoint, and come out with one or the other. I even remember finding one in each shower stall one time. Maybe the spawn rates were too high, then got reduced?

In any case, a bit before 1.0 launched is when the duplicating became a problem. So much so that the devs stated on both of their Xbox live streams that the duping is causing issues with the CLE.

Edited by Nayte
Typo

13 hours ago, Nayte said:

According to some seasoned pc players, duplicating used to be an issue, though not anymore it seems.

On Xbox back on .63 there weren’t any issues finding M4s and AKs. You could go into any mil base, hell even a checkpoint, and come out with one or the other. I even remember finding one in each shower stall one time. Maybe the spawn rates were too high, then got reduced?

In any case, a bit before 1.0 launched is when the duplicating became a problem. So much so that the devs stated on both of their Xbox live streams that the duping is causing issues with the CLE.

Yeah the AK and M4 used to spawn everywhere in the previous 0.63 versions on pc as well, while prior to 0.63 they used to be pretty rare (M4 especially). So I'm sure they reduced the spawn rates.

I totally believe duping is a problem on Xbox with so many reports from players. However, with some posts I have trouble to decipher if the person is complaining because he is not finding those weapons because of duping or simply because it is just rare.

Edited by amadieus

On 4/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, Nayte said:

Duping got to be a huge problem since November 2018 with the base build addition.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:37 AM, awalsh47 said:

A lot of people are blaming duping on cod style players who pvp the coast.

I actually think the more "hardcore" Milslim and organised factions are the biggest offenders. There's a huge amount obsession with having matching  uniforms and loadout plus quite a lot of these players on discord are getting shot and within a few hours are dropping in discussion that they are running m4s and aks with full ghillies  etc. This is clearly from duped stashes.

These players while embracing the games lore building factions etc are also doing this by underhanded means.

this is not said enough. 

there's quite a few streamers too, especially on mixer, who openly cuss "cheaters" while duping 24/7 to build bases etc.. hypocrisy at its finest.