nhow7108

General tips for Xbox players.

1. Dont get attached to your loot! You will always lose it at some point. Remember that your loot is temporary.

2. Dont put all of your eggs in one basket. Spread your loot out amongst several hidden stashes. Putting it all in one spot is like giving it away.

3. Bases attracts attention. The walls stick out and its very very easy to break in. Avoid building bases to store your loot. I understand some build for fun, but remember to have a second stash to fall back on.

4. Oil barrels can be dropped under water. This makes a great Little stash that nobody will expect.

5. Avoid walking on roads and crossing open fields. Being in the open makes you an easy target. Always stick to the trees and keep your head on a swivel. 

6. Carry only the essentials. Avoid a cluttered inventory and spread your supplies amongst different pieces of clothing so when you eventually get shot everything doesn't get ruined.

7. Trust nobody.

8. Learn the entire map. This will give you an edge over an opponent.

9. Safety in numbers. Although its risky trusting someone, being part of a group gives a significant advantage in a fight.

10. Dont be afraid to die. Acceptance of death will calm you down in a fight. Its not a big deal if you die.

11. The sun always sticks to the southern portion of the sky.

12. Rags are superior to bandages. 

13. Duct tape fixes everything. Always keep a roll on your character.

14. Never stand still for long. always keep moving.

15. Use the right weapon for the right job. Keep in mind the max effective range of the guns you are carrying. Only shoot when you know you can hit.

16. Lear the advantages and disadvantages of the guns you are using. Practice and fights will teach you.

17. Dont be afraid to get in fights. You need to fight to get better at fighting.

18. Stamina is important. having more stamina than you opponent gives you a huge advantage.

If anybody else has some tips, write them below.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Couldnt agree more.

Everyone pay attention to Rule #1. That's the most important. 

#8 is a key one also. Learn the map or atleast go try to see all of and then learn the area you like the most.  Make navigating in the darkness alot easier also without lights. 

#6 is another good one.  Dont carry what your not going to us and dont weigh yourself down. Best to keep atleast 50% of your stamina.

One I would add and maybe it goes with #17, learn to use all the guns available.  You do not need an AK or an M4 to win a gun fight. Hell first gun I try to find is a shotgun w/ buckshot and always keep one on me.  Have used it to kill more people that AKs, M4s, and USG/SG5s than any other gun.  Practice makes perfect. I dont mean camping and shooting someone in the back. Or spawn hopping positions.  Fight them head on.  And if you know the map you can easily get geared again in an hour two.

• Beans 1

• Crouch-walk through infested towns. Zombies ignore you during the day and you're practically invisible at night. Bonus: you sound like zombie footsteps when you walk.

• If you suspect you're being followed or stalked, try bagging your shoes. Yes, you could bleed a little, but your steps are so slight you may escape an unwanted encounter.

• Keep your stashes away from the coast. A 3-minute jog inland is worth more than all the easy-access you could hope to gain.

• Save room for your gun in your backpack. Try to never reveal what you're carrying unless you have to.

• #4 cans are a melee weapon and can beat the snot out of any enemy.

• Carry multiple knives: one for melee, one for tooling, one for cans.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

TheRunningManZ had a perfect qoute related to Deaths  ( outtro )

"Never get too annoyed about a Death in DayZ. Every respawn is a new adventure"

With a sharpening stone you can repair your knifes

assault boots will save you some space ( has 1 knife slot 4 free )

A little base loadout u want to carry every time can help you

My basic loadout  ( as an example )

1 can of food, 1 canteen, 1 battery, at least 2x6 rags or bandages, a knife, 1 light source, or 1 matchbox ( for fires and torches ), at least one Gun ( not too many-depends completely of your choice and what you found ), Ammo/bullets of your needs ( dont have to much mags, they just take away a lot of space ), a little bit of different type of ammo ( if u need to swap weapons, example: Middle of a Gunfight )

• Thanks 1

Your safer from cheap deaths raiding mil bases on high pop servers. Hoppers  usually target only low pop servers.

If your in a low pop server and think you have VMC all to yourself there's a chance someone could spawn right behind you 

• Like 1

The sneakers shoes (converse shoes) gives off less noise as well. Heavy shoes, heavy steps.

Keep a sharp eye out for moving bushes. 

Please dont forget about his Rule 7. I think that should be Rule 1-10. 

Keep a pack of tetracycline pills on you. Get the bubble guts from drinking water, pop one pill either before or after drinking the water from a pond or stream, you will be good. No puking for you.

Try not to KOS. Yes yes try not to forget about his Rule 7, but still Dayz is much better in a interactive way and seeing how to handle awkward moments to maybe even funny moments. But still never forget his Rule 7.

Run the coast line as a fresh spawn. A bunch of little raft boats run along the whole coast. Around the boats are anything from food, drinks, pills, an backpacks.

Sledgehammers are the best in my opinion for a melee weapon.

Oh yea dont forget about his Rule 7.