Porcelain_Punisher

Developers cater to people with no life outside of this game

5 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Except that means (unless they increase number of servers) every single server will be full. There will be no medium pop or low pop servers. Now if they like double the amount of servers currently then yeah I agree that’s definitely a solution. 

There's rarely, if any, low pop anymore anyways.  You have players that play on HC servers only, and they are rarely full, so I don't think server population would be a problem. 

2 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Negative, I blatantly said they should make a happy medium to satisfy both sides. You and every fan boy can defend it all you want and blame dupers. You cant hide the fact that dupers start to dupe because  of the lack of decent loot and the amount of time needing to be invested. Keep catering to only one part of the gaming community and then watch this game fall.

People dupe because most modern gamers are simply impatient.

This has been, and will always be a hardcore niche game. 

I and many others who appreciate that do not want a DayZ Light. You can slap whatever label you’d like on that.

At the end of the day, this is not a game for casual gamers. Period.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

I and many others who appreciate that do not want a DayZ Light. You can slap whatever label you’d like on that.

I wouldnt consider myself a casual player. I dont find entertainment in trash like cod. I do and always have enjoyed milsoms and games based in more realism. I cant even enjoy the new tom Clancy games today because they have been ruined and made into Hollywood shooters.

I enjoy dayz and I enjoy the difficulty. So do the guys I play with on dayz. they wont play any casual games anymore either. But even they admit and agree that the little amount of loot and time needed to dedicate on dayz is a little absurd

It has nothing to do with impatience. Sure,  dupers can be impatient and seek an easy way out. I also now people dupe because they dont have the time to invest but still want to enjoy this awesome game.  

It's sad that players like you cant settle for a happy medium. I would bet that if you and I played together then we would probably have a good time too because we both enjoy what this game is. All I'm saying is that they should buff up the looting a bit more. Already guns

2 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Let me just start by saying I am a moron. I know  nothing about game development, coding or even how it’s possible to talk into a device and those words float through the air and are received by someone else and it’s my actual voice they hear! As far as I know these things are all carried out with magic! 

I say this first because I know someone (who understands this shit or thinks they do) is going to respond being extra cunty acting as if understanding how loot systems and respawn engines work were as simple as understanding 2+2=4. So forgive my ignorance if I ask what you consider to be a stupid question but, wouldn’t the simple solution to solving the duping issue be a sort of hybrid between locking characters to a server and an increase in loot spawning/respawning? Meaning sure you can server hop if you want to but you start out as a fresh spawn when you hop to a different server every time but if you log back into a server you were already playing of course you have whatever loot you acquired in that server only! So the only way a player is going to be super kitted is they obviously have to grind in order to do it. 

It’s obvious that every other method will not work so why not just make it simple. You start as a freshy anytime you join a new server. 

Is there something I’m missing here?🤔

So I spend weeks buffing a character and building a base, then I have to start as a fresh spawn if I try to meet a friend of mine on a different server.  Locking servers would be absolutely horrible idea. The only pro to locking servers would be to keep people from server hopping into your base or server hopping into a better position to kill you. That's it.

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

There's rarely, if any, low pop anymore anyways.  You have players that play on HC servers only, and they are rarely full, so I don't think server population would be a problem. 

This is not exactly true. I agree there seems to be a dramatic decrease in low pop but they’re still some. I just think if you take the number of servers we currently have then render half of them locked (aka duper free) then everyone who isn’t a duper which I want to believe is the majority will clamor for those servers. I agree with making half the servers locked but ONLY if they increase the number of servers at the very least by 20%. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

So I spend weeks buffing a character and building a base, then I have to start as a fresh spawn if I try to meet a friend of mine on a different server.  Locking servers would be absolutely horrible idea. The only pro to locking servers would be to keep people from server hopping into your base or server hopping into a better position to kill you. That's it.

I understand your frustration but do you realize anytime anyone in this thread has proposed a viable but more importantly REALISTIC idea you completely switch your argument. You want more loot to be spawned in and possibly more high value loot areas (albeit not so much loot that the game is no longer challenging) correct? You have also stated that duping is a problem (how long it’s been a problem is irrelevant btw) because you have to spend more time than you’d like having to search for loot which is 100% tied to the duping problem. You say some duper’s and players like yourself only dupe or have lost interest  because the game is biased towards certain types of players that in your opinion “have no life” (btw you’re never going to win people over in any debate if you start out insulting people just FYI) and can sit and play all day correct? 

Based on your back and forth with anyone who has dared challenged your ideas of how to fix the problem, it’s not difficult to see that the only solution/s you’re willing to accept are either those that parrot your own or from those that agree with your state of mind about it sucking to have to grind for longer than you like. 

And in your response to me you’ve sort of flipped from “I want something that can make getting kitted up faster and easier”, to  “it wouldn’t be fair if I spend x amount of time building a base but then have to start as a freshy if I want to play with a friend”. 

I thought your original complaint was the amount of time you have to spend accomplishing things in the game? That you don’t have time to spend hours and hours like those with “no life” that the game is so called catered too? Which is it chief? 

And the solution to playing with a friend is you both join the same server and loot up together or one of you joins the other on their preferred server (with the base that you might have built) and one helps the other gather the loot they want. 

It seems to me and I could be wrong here but it seems to me like first and foremost DayZ isn’t quite the right game for you in regards to how much time you want to spend playing it and achieving the goals you wish to achieve. Secondly it kind of sounds like at times you’re making an argument in favor of duping basing it off the idea that it takes too long to get the gear you want and because of this no solution will ever suit you besides as I mentioned above the only ones you’ll actually accept are ones that parrot your own line of thought which basically equates to “I want things my way and my way only” 

which means that myself and others who have taken the time to indulge you have essentially wasted their time. Correct?

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1
  • Beans 2

56 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

I understand your frustration but do you realize anytime anyone in this thread has proposed a viable but more importantly REALISTIC idea you completely switch your argument. You want more loot to be spawned in and possibly more high value loot areas (albeit not so much loot that the game is no longer challenging) correct? You have also stated that duping is a problem (how long it’s been a problem is irrelevant btw) because you have to spend more time than you’d like having to search for loot which is 100% tied to the duping problem. You say some duper’s and players like yourself only dupe or have lost interest  because the game is biased towards certain types of players that in your opinion “have no life” (btw you’re never going to win people over in any debate if you start out insulting people just FYI) and can sit and play all day correct? 

Based on your back and forth with anyone who has dared challenged your ideas of how to fix the problem, it’s not difficult to see that the only solution/s you’re willing to accept are either those that parrot your own or from those that agree with your state of mind about it sucking to have to grind for longer than you like. 

And in your response to me you’ve sort of flipped from “I want something that can make getting kitted up faster and easier”, to  “it wouldn’t be fair if I spend x amount of time building a base but then have to start as a freshy if I want to play with a friend”. 

I thought your original complaint was the amount of time you have to spend accomplishing things in the game? That you don’t have time to spend hours and hours like those with “no life” that the game is so called catered too? Which is it chief? 

And the solution to playing with a friend is you both join the same server and loot up together or one of you joins the other on their preferred server (with the base that you might have built) and one helps the other gather the loot they want. 

It seems to me and I could be wrong here but it seems to me like first and foremost DayZ isn’t quite the right game for you in regards to how much time you want to spend playing it and achieving the goals you wish to achieve. Secondly it kind of sounds like at times you’re making an argument in favor of duping basing it off the idea that it takes too long to get the gear you want and because of this no solution will ever suit you besides as I mentioned above the only ones you’ll actually accept are ones that parrot your own line of thought which basically equates to “I want things my way and my way only” 

which means that myself and others who have taken the time to indulge you have essentially wasted their time. Correct?

If you have no life then you have no life. It's not an insult to call something as I see it. If someone has nothing better to do than to spend their entire day playing a video a game then that's their prerogative. It's just bullshit when the game cater specifically to that type of player only. It's ironic how that type of player is also the same that are on these forums and crying about how other people choose to play the game that they paid for. 

I never switched my argument once and if you feel that way then you read wrong or you misunderstand which is not my problem. 

I said I want a happy medium. People said to lock servers, how does that help other players that want to meet with friends. Loot is already hard enough to find and takes a long time to find great stuff. So you wanna lock servers and force people to start fresh. How about for those that dont enjoy playing the game on a night time server? So you want them to be forced to spend MORE time searching for loot now because it's dark and they have no option to switch servers. Now they are forced to look around for loot at night when its harder to see and takes longer. 

You assume I changed my arguement yet that would mean that they have made loot easier to find AND locked servers. 

As I said before, catering to only one type of player...those with no lives outside of the game. 

There is no debate here. The game clearly caters to one group of gamers only and it's their way or the highway. Good luck making this game last on that attitude. Noone said it needs to turn into a fast paced open world call of duty. I simply suggested finding that happy medium to enable people with tight schedules to still enjoy the game and be successful 

Edited by Porcelain_Punisher

There are lots of games that require a big investment of time so I don't see why dayz should be criticised for it. Aside from the current issue with duping/loot economy, you can get a character pretty well geared in an hour. Looting is a big part of the game. I'd hate to be a one man army before leaving the coast. Why would anyone ever head inland otherwise? 

11 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Ok, I agree and disagree. I agree that duping is an issue and I've already said that. I agree that the game doesnt need to make loot too much easier to find and that it already didnt take long to get decent gear. What I dont agree with is duping being the sole reason for issues and I dont agree that we don't need military camps or AR spawn points closer to shore. I'm not asking for a military base on the shore, I'm just saying 1 or 2 site with a few tents that will spawn and AR. 

I'm not interested in having to kill my self 20 times just to get a spawn point closest to a good route. I actually would prefer luck of the draw on a respawn. What I dont particularly care for is still having to run 15 to 20 minutes inland just to get to the first military camp (which are the only places to find an AR), then loot 1 to 5 tents that have already been ransacked by 59 other players.  My point is that there is no reason not to leave a few extra tens and a few extra guns around. Duping is irrelevant as this has been an issue long before duping was. Yes duping is now an issue, but I'm saying that this has all been a problem since before. so lets stop beating a dead horse

Well thats not at at all true, before the spawn rate was lowered i couldnt go into a military area without teipping over AR's. Now, duping has been an issue BEFORE they lowered the AR spawn, THEN they lowered the spawn rate 

Several comments have been removed and users have received warnings due to personal insults.

Leave the fighting in the game, this is not a place for your personal conflicts. If you see someone breaking the rules, use the report function and abstain from continuing conflicts.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

The stuff was unreasonably rare to begin with. That's why people dupe.

More or less any game thee is some way to cheat.. - not just online games, also in sports.. in every competitive game or platform game or solo game or MMU - everyone knows this..
But you cant seriously say "people are forced to cheat because if they don't cheat they can't win"..  the answer to that is "ROFLMAO - don't give me that sh1t -"

It used to be, in DayZ that it was easy to glitch through walls in some places. This got to be well known.  - there was a famous "hidden room" in the airfield camo-building that cheaters hung out in, and shot through the walls whoever came into the building.
Back then, those <glitchers> said they were "forced to do it" because "everybody did it" - and so if they didn't do the same as everybody else  they were at a disadvantage.

That was all bullshit. still is bullshit. 

- no one cheats unless they WANT to.. it's like dissing on the web; you can do it and it makes you feel good and big & clever and no one washes your mouth out with soap. That doesn't make it an intelligent adult smart thing to do, it just makes you a cr@p little person. 

Every game has ways of cheating. If you break a window and steal something you're a thief. If you can pick pockets and you do it,  then you're a pickpocket.
That's true if you get away with it or not.  Not complicated, right ?

Duping is a pisser on Xbox, like it was a big pisser on PC a while back, and like 'glitching' was a big pisser on PC for a while.   This is not what the game is for and everyone knows it.  
If you want short games with plenty of weapons then go play pubg - its based on a DayZ mod for people who want to play short games with plenty of weapons. That is what it was designed for.
Seems more sense to spend your money on pubg that than spend your money on DayZ so you can deliberately mess it up.

Unless you are lying about why you dupe and you are just are a griefer and that's your kick. If you are, you'll soon find something more interesting to play than DayZ, it's not really built for easy kicks and griefers &  you'll get bored, OK?

BI will fix duping.
They fix the problems as they come up - that's what they do.

If you think there are big stashes of AKs on the map then go look for them. Keep out of the way of armed gangs. Play smart.
DayZ has never ever been a 10 minute game. When you understand that, then you can decide if you like it or not. It's not about who has the guns, it's about who plays the smartest.
Difficult game, hu ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

12 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

If you have no life then you have no life. It's not an insult to call something as I see it. If someone has nothing better to do than to spend their entire day playing a video a game then that's their prerogative. It's just bullshit when the game cater specifically to that type of player only. It's ironic how that type of player is also the same that are on these forums and crying about how other people choose to play the game that they paid for. 

I never switched my argument once and if you feel that way then you read wrong or you misunderstand which is not my problem. 

I said I want a happy medium. People said to lock servers, how does that help other players that want to meet with friends. Loot is already hard enough to find and takes a long time to find great stuff. So you wanna lock servers and force people to start fresh. How about for those that dont enjoy playing the game on a night time server? So you want them to be forced to spend MORE time searching for loot now because it's dark and they have no option to switch servers. Now they are forced to look around for loot at night when its harder to see and takes longer. 

You assume I changed my arguement yet that would mean that they have made loot easier to find AND locked servers. 

As I said before, catering to only one type of player...those with no lives outside of the game. 

There is no debate here. The game clearly caters to one group of gamers only and it's their way or the highway. Good luck making this game last on that attitude. Noone said it needs to turn into a fast paced open world call of duty. I simply suggested finding that happy medium to enable people with tight schedules to still enjoy the game and be successful 

Ok I have tried my best to be civil, to be understanding of your frustration, to point out possible alternative perspectives and solutions to the things that trouble you and yet you insist on continuing the insults to people which I have to assume includes myself so maybe it’s time to be a little less civil and just call a spade a spade here. 

You claim that the people who spend what you consider to be an excessive amount of time playing that they have no life correct? Well what do you call it when someone who spends and excessive amount of time on a video game forum pissing and moaning and insulting people for things they are very much guilty of doing themselves? Would you say that person is a loser and “has no life?” 

On one thread you’re giving shit to a guy who’s upset that the game isn’t the way he wants it, then you turn around and do the exact same thing in this thread! 

Seems to me that the only person who “has no life” outside of this game but especially this forum is you chief! 

It’s obvious that the type of game you want to play isn’t DayZ because this game is ALL about the grind and strategy and acceptance that the only thing you will ever have control over is you and your style of play. Might I suggest a game that’s similar to DayZ but moves a little quicker, allows you to get and stay geared fairly quickly, can be played with a buddy and doesn’t require the sort of grind that DayZ is? Go play Scum. I think that game is more suited to your mindset and patience level. It has all the same sort of elements of DayZ except instead of zombies you’re dealing with killer robots. It’s set in an apocalyptic world, has military bases to get high tier weapons, PvP the whole kitten kaboodle. Perhaps check that out and see if that’s more to your liking but for the love of fucking Christ quit coming at people in this forum like you’re some sort of alpha dick head because no one is impressed by your presumed self importance there chief! 

And with that I am done contributing to this bullshit. Got a life to live you know 😝😂🏻 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Asking duper’s to stop duping is like asking North Korea to give up nukes....

On 4/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, Russ3953 said:

Asking duper’s to stop duping is like asking North Korea to give up nukes....

[aside] - why?  do you know ANY country that had nukes and gave them up?  Ask the USA to give up nukes and stop screwing with the world economy.  Tell the Brits that nuke submarines are not very useful against dynamite vests & AKs..    Tell Goldman Sachs to piss off out of our planet.    yep.. that's like telling dupers to stop.  Got it in one.
Read my technical <software> suggestion for stopping duping (pretty easy to find and pretty easy to implement) and check why it's not accepted : BI reply.  I have no existential problem with that reply.

& Bi response (next entry on that topic) ..

Hope this is helpful

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Sad 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:02 PM, Stagman70 said:

From the mouths of the developers themselves, and I'm paraphrasing, "There is a set number of items that can appear in any one instance (server), and will not respawn unless another despawns".  The devs have stated that duping DOES affect loot spawning.  If an M4 or AK, or whatever does spawn, that's because one on that server was destroyed somehow.

So then you agree that when a gun on that server is destroyed it does in fact respawn. So your argument that duping has wiped all guns from all servers is just not true. It's close to true. But the fact that on a very rare occasion you can find a rifle in a mili zone, makes you're argument invalid...

On 4/28/2019 at 12:29 AM, nikoor said:

The game's brilliant, love it. I also hate it. It's not helping when you see all the videos on youtube. Yes, they're almost all from modded servers with increased loot but damn this is not the state it should be on xbox. For weeks I've found fuck all. I remember when you could find an assault rifle from the single tents at Elektro/Berezino. Coming out from the barracs at Solnicniy meant christmas. Last time I found one was month ago at the launch day, actually found both right next to each other. That's how it should be and that's probably one reason people are losing interest.

See im glad you cant find an AR from the single tent in towns like that, imo they should only spawn in named military bases, though im aware they dont even rn, but you saying you found 2 ARs on launch of 1.0 PROVES that they do have an okay spawn rate but theyve been duped out of existence, since 1.0 ive found, 4 M4s, 3 Aks, 1 LAR, 1 Svd

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 3:48 AM, Nayte said:

Funny thing is.... I'm a casual gamer. 

Got 600 hours in this game and have a huge love/hate relation. I want to be able to find AR easier, i want to be able to get a car running much easier, building a base easier etc... 

= my mistake,  just clearing my throat but I didn't say anything =  thanx

Edited by pilgrim*

On 5/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, bent.toe said:

Got 600 hours in this game and have a huge love/hate relation. I want to be able to find AR easier, i want to be able to get a car running much easier, building a base easier etc... 

There’s nothing wrong with being a casual gamer in and of itself. 

Where the issue lies is when the large majority who tend to be casual gamers push for a particular game to cater to their constraints, effectively changing what the game was at its core to a, IMO, less satisfying and dumbed down experience.

There’re already tons of casual style games out there for the picking. What makes DayZ special is the exact reason that it’s a hardcore survival game, UNLIKE any other on console.

Making things easier to obtain would essentially remove any sense of meaningful progression, or uniqueness of a character.

• Beans 3

Nayte has a great point, even in a world apparently wrecked by dupers, the difficulty of DayZ is what makes it special in my eyes.

Perhaps introducing private servers with different spawn rates and such would ease the conflicts I see on the servers between the "hardcore" and the "casual" gamers, but until then it's up to groups of like minded gamers I guess. But in my opinion, stand alone atm, minus the glitches is as close to real life as is.

You can't choose your neighbours or your neighbourhood if you wash up on a beach.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, Nayte said:

What makes DayZ special is the exact reason that it’s a hardcore survival game, UNLIKE any other on console.

For me its not the hardcore survival that makes it special. 

It's the open world with zombies and the ability to go anywhere and do anything. 

What makes this game fun and unique is different from player to player and their experience. 

For you its the hard grinding maybe? 

Not for me... 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bent.toe said:

For me its not the hardcore survival that makes it special. 

It's the open world with zombies and the ability to go anywhere and do anything. 

Exactly, that’s where my “unlike” point comes in. I could pop in 7DtD, L4D, SoD, Dying Light, ect., however this game is in a league of its own for that very reason.. No hand holding, incredibly immersive survival experience.

What makes this game fun and unique is different from player to player and their experience. 

Indeed

For you its the hard grinding maybe? 

Not for me... 

Hard grinding? Are we still talking about DayZ here? There’s really nothing to grind for. We scavenge, sure, but not grind.

I don’t think there’s enough characters for me to fully explain the range of emotions and experiences DayZ conjures up..

On 5/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, bent.toe said:

So basically what you're saying is, you want the game to be easier.  Am I correct in that assumption?  News flash......the game is meant to be hard.  You want easy access to military grade weapons, then play BF or CoD where you can "level up" and seek the almighty "Prestige".

On 5/8/2019 at 3:12 AM, Stagman70 said:

So basically what you're saying is, you want the game to be easier.  Am I correct in that assumption?  News flash......the game is meant to be hard.  You want easy access to military grade weapons, then play BF or CoD where you can "level up" and seek the almighty "Prestige".

Hmmmmm... Does cod or bf games have an open world with zombies? No timelimit? Day/night cycle? Go anywhere you want, do anything you like approach? Build bases? 

Hmmm... Nope, not to my knowledge. 

Strange that you recomend those two games since they have NOTHING in common with DayZ.