Robzom11

Anyone having ambient audio issues?

ambient sound cutting out, almost complete silence, i think it cuts off after entering a house? Doesn't come back till i relog... Is this just me or anyone else have the same problem?

Edited by Robzom11

Sign me up on that, the ambient audio just stops and reloging is the only way i found to fix that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nikoor said:

quite like the silence!

Yeah, but it can negate ambient sounds like rain and shivering: leading to hypothermia and such. Another problem is silent vehicles, with the same pros & cons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

Yeah, but it can negate ambient sounds like rain and shivering: leading to hypothermia and such. Another problem is silent vehicles, with the same pros & cons.

true. tho it gets a bit too loud sometimes, especially inland.

Really hope we dont have to wait a month for this bug 2 get fixed. No point waiting, next patch there will just be 5 new bugs that we'll have to wait to get fixed and so on... Crazy how this is a full release version, i can already see half the player base gone by next patch if BI dont get their shit together. I just want to play this game with ambient audio and binoculars that work, can't even do that till next patch & like i said 5 other things will be broken by that time. Not looking forward to playing this afternoon to be honest which sucks because I've been waiting weeks for this patch only to be disappointed by more bugs that are worse then the ones i was waiting to get fixed.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

Really hope we dont have to wait a month for this bug 2 get fixed. No point waiting, next patch there will just be 5 new bugs that we'll have to wait to get fixed and so on... Crazy how this is a full release version, i can already see half the player base gone by next patch if BI dont get their shit together. I just want to play this game with ambient audio and binoculars that work, can't even do that till next patch & like i said 5 other things will be broken by that time. Not looking forward to playing this afternoon to be honest which sucks because I've been waiting weeks for this patch only to be disappointed by more bugs that are worse then the ones i was waiting to get fixed.

Binocs work now....havent had the audio bug happen to me and ive put in 20hrs since the update

• Like 1

I had my audio cut out for a minute or two heading up to Green Mountain, but then it came back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PondjectsKilla said:

Binocs work now....havent had the audio bug happen to me and ive put in 20hrs since the update

Good 2 know, its probley just my 1.01 character having issues then. Im aware of the binocs working now, my point was theres always a new issue every update, just frustrated waiting a month to be able to use binocs, then having another issue come out and knowing it will be awhile until its fixed, but hopefully the audio is just for my old character.

1 minute ago, Robzom11 said:

Good 2 know, its probley just my 1.01 character having issues then. Im aware of the binocs working now, my point was theres always a new issue every update, just frustrated waiting a month to be able to use binocs, then having another issue come out and knowing it will be awhile until its fixed, but hopefully the audio is just for my old character.

Possibly, ive actually noticed my audio completely cutting out but my headset is rough these dayz (lol) maybe it is in game but never cuts forever, just quick silence every hr or so for a sec

1 hour ago, PondjectsKilla said:

Possibly, ive actually noticed my audio completely cutting out but my headset is rough these dayz (lol) maybe it is in game but never cuts forever, just quick silence every hr or so for a sec

Nah its pure silence until you relog, no wind or anything ambient. Only footsteps and player noises (gunshots and whatnot), you would notice. Although ive seen videos of people having the same audio issue im hoping its just a 1.01 character thing. Are you using a character from 1.01?

Edited by Robzom11

I've had audio issues since before the update, quiet or silent then full blown outdoor sounds. Or partial outdoor sounds to nothing then full sounds again.

• Like 1

I've noticed ever since the last update/patch that after 5 or 10 min into any game, the ambient noises (wind, etc) disappears 

It might sound trivial to some but I really hope this is something that will be fixed. If I stand in the middle of a field after the ambience goes away, it's literally dead quiet. The trees still have noise as leafs rustle and birds chip. But no wind or insects out in the open fields. And that's a big part of the game for me, for immersion..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackieChan12 said:

I've noticed ever since the last update/patch that after 5 or 10 min into any game, the ambient noises (wind, etc) disappears 

It might sound trivial to some but I really hope this is something that will be fixed. If I stand in the middle of a field after the ambience goes away, it's literally dead quiet. The trees still have noise as leafs rustle and birds chip. But no wind or insects out in the open fields. And that's a big part of the game for me, for immersion..

Can you give us a few more details on this issue?

Does it happen repeatedly? Are you playing on the regular Xbox One or Xbox One X? Does the issue appear in several locations (both in cities and in forests/fields)?

50 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Does it happen repeatedly? Are you playing on the regular Xbox One or Xbox One X? Does the issue appear in several locations (both in cities and in forests/fields)?

@ImpulZ I Experience since the last update the same issue. It happens every day every Server everywhere on the map it is consistent. Ive tested it with a friend  who plays on an old gen xbox.my friend dosent have theses issues. I play on an xbox X.  I loose any Ambiente noise after 10/15 min. No matter what. I tried multiple Times to relog, restart the game switch server but still. itz fine for a few Minutes and then tottaly silence. The Only soundeffects left are the ones that i produced by myself, like footsteps eating or reloading a weapon. 

On top of that comes that i cant hear any engine noise from the 4x4. buildet one yesterday  turnt it on... But nothing. Dead silence  tried to relog. Still no engine sound. This time around my mate on the old gen xbox experienced the same, no sound from the running Engine what so ever. Hope theses infos are helpfull.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

First of all i would like to point out that there is a thread of such issue in the forum already, you can check here:

Now i'm going to report the issue because i too suffer from it.

The ambient/background noise cuts in the gameplay, this can happens in two ways: first is naturally, the sound of the wind, birds, crickets, etc will eventually fade out with time, it starts normal when you enter a server until it gradually get's lower and lower until it dissapear completely, next time the only thing you hear are your footsteps and zombie groanings, the game became complete silence.

Second it an also happen when you get inside a bulding and leave, since the ambient/background noise is dynamic, sometime it doesn't register properly and the ambient noise might dissapear or get lower inside a house but when you leave it is still in such situation.

I believe it's a issue with the dynamics of it, something that should be looked, the only way to make ambient/background to work again is by reloging, and this can be quite frequent.

(I play on the original Xbox One)

Edited by MarczXD320
  • Like 1

I was at the coast and the ocean wasn't making a sound. A few times the trees were swaying back and fourth and no wind sound. 

My biggest issue is not being able to put my combo lock back on my gate. It's just not attaching. Really grinds my gears.

Edited by Zalic
Grammer

13 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Yes it happens every time since the last patch, all it takes is like 5 to 10 min before it kicks in. Only fix is to log off server and log in again. I'm on Xbox one X. And I'm not sure *where* I lose the ambience to start but once it's gone, it's gone in the fields and in the cities, everywhere. I can only hear birds chirping if I go near tears. But no wind or insects or other ambience.

• Like 1

@ImpulZ i hope u guys have now enough info and bring a patch or hotfix as soon as possible. Because this is gamebreaking. then a game with 95% no audio is just unplayable 

Edited by Neophyter
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:28 PM, Zalic said:

My biggest issue is not being able to put my combo lock back on my gate. It's just not attaching. Really grinds my gears.

I had the same issue a while ago and as far as I know there is no fix for it besides to build the gate completely new. And I mean completely i had to dismantle it completely and start all over with the fencekit 

3 hours ago, Neophyter said:

@ImpulZ i hope u guys have now enough info and bring a patch or hotfix as soon as possible. Because this is gamebreaking. then a game with 95% no audio is just unplayable 

wow. it's not like you can't hear gunshots but just the wind etc. there's far more important issues which can be considered gamebreaking.

this is the best bug to date, love it!

Edited by nikoor

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

wow. it's not like you can't hear gunshots but just the wind etc. there's far more important issues which can be considered gamebreaking.

this is the best bug to date, love it!

Yeah might be right. 

Duping is the gamebraking one

But after that it is for me the next one on the list because every ten minutes re login to have soubd makes me just  don't want play the game

4 hours ago, Neophyter said:

Yeah might be right. 

Duping is the gamebraking one

But after that it is for me the next one on the list because every ten minutes re login to have soubd makes me just  don't want play the game

I mean yea there's a lot of things others doesn't mind but to me they're things that affects the overall feeling. We all do I suppose.