Mantasisg

Whats your opinion about post 1.0 updates, development pace and game quality ?

I am asking you these quostions. Are you happy about post 1.0 ? 

To begin with,

I haven't truly played DayZ very much for past five months, still looking forward for some incredible unique once in a lifetime experiences and just some great eventful hours to happen for me in DayZ like it used to sometimes in the past.

For past five months I used to launch DayZ sometimes for a hour or half an hour. But it never clicked on me during those times. It felt empty and uneventful. 

Personally, I really liked DayZ how it was in late pre 1.0 experimental state. Whenever I wouldn't have time for real dayz (running for hours and nothing happening), I could enter some outstandign online community server. I really liked DM servers, they are good when you wish for fast pace gameplay and/or get to learn to use stuff that is presented in the game, otherwise you find some rare item in the game, don't have any targets, just run around, maybe shoot some zombies, practice on some random target, but when you find yourself suddenly in a battle you fail, because you have not developed the skill. And you can't develop good skill in normal (running for hours and nothing happens dayz). Now thats for fights, another friendly side of DayZ also suffers for lack of interactions.

So I played DayZ frequently for a bit and a couple of thing always gets me disappointed. First, I see that official servers has very low amount of server slots. Second, too hard to get the "experience" going, I played DayZ in 0.5x and I remember how reasonably good it was for that matter. Third, I don't see truly interesting and eventful community servers. Fourth, content additions feels quite slow and sparse such as updates too, not as expected for post 1.0. Fifth, night equals empty server immediately. Besides everything game seems quite awesome, the only but is that the game element is missing. But that direction was clear for years now, as soon as it was decided that game shouldn't be that much fun since 0.6 releases.

Will be looking forward for the future, but to be honest, I don't expect much. 

I'm absolutely not happy with the post-1.0. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, I'm not having a lot of fun while playing.

Not only that, the patches are horrible, to say the least. Nothing is really coming out and it feels that the game will take a very long time to complete. They really need to step up their game if they want to redeem themselves.

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

I think the responses will all be basically the same for everyone....

Post 1.0 is a big failure...and updates are few, and extremely poor as far as QA.

Content is still lacking.

Devs still seem unaware just how bad they are doing.

I thought 1.0 would at least be stable and would be evolving with some content and features gradually making their way into the builds....but this is not the case.

I would have finally thrown in the towel (especially now that the winter has finally f#*ked off!) and looked elsewhere for my gaming fix...but fortunately discovered that modded servers are a great way of finding new ways to keep it interesting and fun.

Damn!...there I go promoting the Community Servers again....Sorry folks! 😜

Edited by philbur
  • Beans 4

There is too much to say. The game is still soooo lacking in so many ways its just frustrating thinking about it. I dont think we will ever see lots more zombies or a true "apoc" environment ever at all.

I'm starting to understand that the only way any of us can trully get the experience we want is through a community modded server(s) That is the only way.

The game will never ever be where it should be.

• Beans 4

It's very difficult to respond to this for so many reasons. I still manage to have some fun with the game but most of that revolves around the guys I'm currently running with... but the game has shoehorned itself into being a hoarding simulator where you run as far as you can to stuff as much as you can into as many different places as you can all just to try and avoid killing yourself out of pure boredom. 

I said it once before but every patch since 1.0 feels like I'm getting a gag ball put in my mouth while the dev team stuffs themselves into a gimp suit and has their way with me as I trip over old and new bugs in wild and violating ways. There is no ambiance, no back story, no easter egg mystery a la radio broadcast mentioned earlier in a Gallery thread... nothing to look for other than yet another fucking gun and some other set of tires for yet another vehicle that's basically a death trap in all but an extremely narrow set of circumstances. 

I remember setting a goal of having a character geared up with only crafted leather clothing with a uniquely coloured arm band and eating only what I could hunt, snare or catch... A dude that, ironically, got killed by a hacker in Solnichny. 

You had to make fireplaces or you got sick and died if you got wet or ate raw meat. You carried saline and bloodbags because they could help you through a rough patch... It was all worth the effort and gratifying at the end. When you needed a break you could run in and pick a fight and get it out of your system so that when you left the city behind on your next character you knew you had a little fishing camp set up in a quiet place with some essentials- fishing pole, crossbow, barrel, lime, seeds, shovel. Maybe a tripod and upgraded stone fireplace if you really wanted to rub it in.

And to make this a perfect failure, after shoving a full release down our throats for some christmas cash, they decide that communication is for infidels and proceed to keep everything secret so we can't complain about it. 

It's all been said before... but a game with as much potential as this had being sequestered into PVP detention is a travesty. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 5

4 hours ago, eno said:

It's very difficult to respond to this for so many reasons. I still manage to have some fun with the game but most of that revolves around the guys I'm currently running with... but the game has shoehorned itself into being a hoarding simulator where you run as far as you can to stuff as much as you can into as many different places as you can all just to try and avoid killing yourself out of pure boredom. 

I said it once before but every patch since 1.0 feels like I'm getting a gag ball put in my mouth while the dev team stuffs themselves into a gimp suit and has their way with me as I trip over old and new bugs in wild and violating ways. There is no ambiance, no back story, no easter egg mystery a la radio broadcast mentioned earlier in a Gallery thread... nothing to look for other than yet another fucking gun and some other set of tires for yet another vehicle that's basically a death trap in all but an extremely narrow set of circumstances. 

I remember setting a goal of having a character geared up with only crafted leather clothing with a uniquely coloured arm band and eating only what I could hunt, snare or catch... A dude that, ironically, got killed by a hacker in Solnichny. 

You had to make fireplaces or you got sick and died if you got wet or ate raw meat. You carried saline and bloodbags because they could help you through a rough patch... It was all worth the effort and gratifying at the end. When you needed a break you could run in and pick a fight and get it out of your system so that when you left the city behind on your next character you knew you had a little fishing camp set up in a quiet place with some essentials- fishing pole, crossbow, barrel, lime, seeds, shovel. Maybe a tripod and upgraded stone fireplace if you really wanted to rub it in.

And to make this a perfect failure, after shoving a full release down our throats for some christmas cash, they decide that communication is for infidels and proceed to keep everything secret so we can't complain about it. 

It's all been said before... but a game with as much potential as this had being sequestered into PVP detention is a travesty. 

Jo emo, whats the definition of sandbox game? Have you ever conciderd to be disapointed because you dont have a match with the game in which direction its going? Maybe you are more in need of single player games like wow and hello klitty?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, hemmo said:

Jo emo, whats the definition of sandbox game? Have you ever conciderd to be disapointed because you dont have a match with the game in which direction its going? Maybe you are more in need of single player games like wow and hello klitty?

How many times did you have to rinse that through google translate to create that mess? 

Do you even read?

Edited by eno
  • Haha 3
  • Beans 1

@hemmo, please keep it cool (for discussions on that please PM me).

@eno, please keep it down with false/uninformed statements (for discussions on that please PM me). You are still free to share your opinion, experiences, emotions and feelings here and you obviously don't hold back with it. We are very aware of the frustration around last years release, but the only right way goes forward, and we will continue to improve the game with updates.

8 hours ago, philbur said:

Devs still seem unaware just how bad they are doing.

We read and reply to your feedback every day, we have game streams running in our office every day, we develop, test and play the game ourselves. We might not know what's happening in every players mind, but we have a pretty solid knowledge of the general opinions in the community and the state of the game. Just speaking numbers, so far (since the release) we see an improvement in the average player numbers which is better than anything we had in the last two and a half years (and this is NOT including the new players on Xbox). This does not mean we are leaning back or complimenting ourselves, we know about the hundreds of issues and missing contents/features in the game and work every day on making the game better.

12 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

content additions feels quite slow and sparse such as updates too, not as expected for post 1.0.

We did not do a good job in terms of managing expectations on "how fast" updates would come out post-release. But as I already wrote in other topics, our update rate evidently increased compared to the development before 0.63. Still, game development remains a challenging task and DayZ with all its features remains a challenging project and takes its time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

for me,things has turned to slightly positive cos of few servers that runs true hardcore settings...but really i would like to know what is situtiation about,fishing,bows and diseases?
we dont have any status reports anymore and in customers mind,predictting about those features is just...maybe this year or next....
but just wanna know that is fishing/bow/diseases developing  even started??
months not years?

On 4/25/2019 at 9:44 PM, eno said:

Keep saying it!

That's all we have left! I would consider it also a travesty if the Dev Team gets any sort of credit for a job well done.

• Beans 3

5 hours ago, philbur said:

Keep saying it!

That's all we have left! I would consider it also a travesty if the Dev Team gets any sort of credit for a job well done.

I’ll never take away from the fact that the game delivers in a way few if any others can- but man I wish we’d known 3 years ago where this train wreck was going to end up because I would have put another 1000 hours in then and appreciated it. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Beans 4

On 4/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, hemmo said:

Just do one, seriously. 

On 4/26/2019 at 12:58 AM, ImpulZ said:

We read and reply to your feedback every day, we have game streams running in our office every day, we develop, test and play the game ourselves. We might not know what's happening in every players mind, but we have a pretty solid knowledge of the general opinions in the community and the state of the game. Just speaking numbers, so far (since the release) we see an improvement in the average player numbers which is better than anything we had in the last two and a half years (and this is NOT including the new players on Xbox). This does not mean we are leaning back or complimenting ourselves, we know about the hundreds of issues and missing contents/features in the game and work every day on making the game better.

Thanks for pointing this out, and it's something I try to tell people when I'm replying  to all the people saying "DAYZ IS DEAD" on the reddit/other places. The game is actually doing pretty well right now according to steam charts if you look at the avg players since 1.0 over the past couple years before. 

I play almost exclusively on public vanilla servers, and I feel like I meet significantly less experienced players there, I've met a whole group of 4-5 people that had less than 200 hours before the 1.0 release and did not follow the game. To them it's a pretty decent game already with a pretty consistent content release rate (since 1.0). 

I hope the rate continues, and the updates continue to be impactful, I myself am eagerly awaiting any advancement/reworks of the medical system. Broken bones/use for morphine/epi pens/disease rework. 

Edited by Influence_X
  • Haha 1

As a server owner & player my experience isn't great. I know that there is a difference between facts & feelings so I'll make sure to separate them here:

Feelings:

• Control Input & Scheme was rushed to make it "work" on both an Xbox controller & mouse and keyboard, leaving us PC players without the ability to rebind our keys (at first, though it still seems to not work for many people). Multiple actions being bound to a single key seems to have been necessary due to limitations of console controllers (walk & hold breath on ctrl, or Stand/Crouch/Prone all on C, every last toggle being removed [Eugen said in a tweet that adding that ability to toggle some things would require a re-factorization of the input module on Twitter, but oddly they managed to let us toggle ADS again?])
  • Jumping is an awful mechanic. Some assets on the map are a decade or more old and have very strange invisible geometry that allows for all sorts of strange things to happen. You can jump up into some trees that you can shoot out from but not into. I struggle more than ever now to get over small fences where the old vault mechanic always worked fine for me.
  • Survival is a joke in the vanilla game. Between ambient food spawning, an overtly generous CLE, a medical system that is defunct, animal corpses providing a ton of meat, and farming taking too little time and providing far too much for so little cost, the idea that you're meant to try to survive just seems silly. The only real survival element of the vanilla game is whether or not you die in a gun fight.
  • Melee is far worse than it was pre-.63. I know that the stupid sprint-about-slug-fest style of .62 wasn't ideal either but at least your hits felt like they connected and did damage. Now your strikes do not provide clear feedback beyond a sound effect, your character swings some weapons as if he's never used the items before, and you wind up stepping through whatever you're attacking (player AND zed) which becomes disorienting as you struggle against the weird inertia on the player.
  • Inertia on the player character feels cartoony and strange. I learned to love DayZ in the clunky movement of Arma 2 which made me fall in love with that game. I also loved it up to the end of .62 because it didn't feel like any other game. It was unique, now it feels like you glide around the world instead of stomping through it.
  • Modding can't 'save' the game because there's so little documentation and the only tools available are things that sort of work from Arma 3. Feels like they dropped the restriction on modding servers and released the server files purely to claim that they 'released' modding for the 1.0 launch.
  • End Game of basebuilding was an awful idea. There's not enough variety in structures, too many restrictions on some things because absolute freedom in building enables cheating (mods like BuildAnywhere bring back a player's ability to cheat by stashing tents/barrels inside other objects),  and they're too easy to raid and destroy. It's utterly pointless. I have players begging for a mod to add craftable storage items but that is a terrible idea because it would further enable their ability to absolutely ravage the CLE (drybags are the worst offender and we've had to remove the ability to bury them, also who's idea was it to spawn so damn many on the coast?).
  • Servers handling the majority of things going on in the game is the reason we won't see lots of expected features returning. It's simply too much to handle and performance degrades too quickly as new things are tossed in the pot. It effectively stops a lot of cheating but seemingly at the cost of stability and highly desired features.
  • AI do not seem to be as advanced as previous reports make them seem. Animals detect you? They run the opposite direction. Zeds spot you? They still do the same flanking maneuver from the old Mod. There might be other behavior they exhibit but I've not experienced it, my experience is usually: Spot animal milling about in a field or forest, shoot animal and watch the others run off, skin animal, cook meat.

Facts:

• There is an undetermined number of features which many players see as essential that are quietly being put on a supposed 'wish list'. We have no idea what to actually expect beyond seeing the systems that are already in game being developed further & the return of old guns & assets that they haven't configured in Enfusion yet. I'm talking about vaulting, helicopters (the end game that I and many of my old DayZ mod friends have been patiently waiting for because we have no desire to build useless walls), throwing items, and rag doll effects among others.
  • Promised a roadmap on which we could manage our expectations that is certainly not going to happen now.
  • No more status reports or community spotlights. To be honest I never really looked at the spotlight posts, but this decision to do poorly announced live streams where they cannot answer serious questions that people have seems to be a very poor alternative to written status reports. We have no idea what is actually being worked on until an EXP patch is about to come.
  • I only play the game now because I manage a large community & my friends in that community are interested in interacting with the community, not so much in actually playing the game. There are definitely other things I would rather be doing but I have the obligation to be part of the community.
  • Technically yes, updates are coming in faster than ever. But I'm not sure it's good practice to metric it against the rate of massive engine overhaul updates that clearly take much longer than bug fixing and animations.

I'm sure all of this has been said and they're probably aware that many of us feel this way, but I don't feel like I'm seeing anything that alleviates these concerns. Seems like a lot of lovely ideas for a good game but maybe not for the first DayZ standalone game. We were sold a polished version of a wonderful mod with a handful of QOL updates and it turned into a half-baked attempt at a AAA game. I would have greatly preferred receiving a stable, polished version of the mod and wait to see all of these things, which I consider to be a pipe dream now, developed with more care and time and called DayZ 2 rather than see it all released in such poor shape. I loved the Mod, I love Arma 2 & 3, but DayZ just doesn't do it for me now. And that's sad, because I really want to enjoy it and play it.

edits: some words

Edited by acewhittles
  • Beans 6

12 hours ago, acewhittles said:
  • There is an undetermined number of features which many players see as essential that are quietly being put on a supposed 'wish list'. We have no idea what to actually expect beyond seeing the systems that are already in game being developed further & the return of old guns & assets that they haven't configured in Enfusion yet. I'm talking about vaulting, helicopters (the end game that I and many of my old DayZ mod friends have been patiently waiting for because we have no desire to build useless walls), throwing items, and rag doll effects among others.
  • Promised a roadmap on which we could manage our expectations that is certainly not going to happen now.
  • No more status reports or community spotlights. To be honest I never really looked at the spotlight posts, but this decision to do poorly announced live streams where they cannot answer serious questions that people have seems to be a very poor alternative to written status reports. We have no idea what is actually being worked on until an EXP patch is about to come.
  • I only play the game now because I manage a large community & my friends in that community are interested in interacting with the community, not so much in actually playing the game. There are definitely other things I would rather be doing but I have the obligation to be part of the community.
  • Technically yes, updates are coming in faster than ever. But I'm not sure it's good practice to metric it against the rate of massive engine overhaul updates that clearly take much longer than bug fixing and animations.

1. They said helicopters are on a wish list and may not be coming due to server performance. 
2. Why am I the only person who totally understands if this dev team doesn't want to put out a roadmap? Nothing else has ever caused as much salt in this community as roadmaps and failing to meet them, which they will fail, again. 
3. I'm fine with this, they said that their new approach is "under promise and over deliver", so you'll hear about updates just before they happen, which is approximately once a month. I would rather have an almost guaranteed update every month, than a status report twice a month with an update every 3-6 months.
4. I also only play this game to interact with a community I've put together on a public hive server, for me, it's the lack of in depth medical systems... as I tend to like to save people during medical emergencies. 
5. Why? It's not like people understood what was really going on with the engine changes by and large by the community. It's a real minority that truly understood what happened with this game, and why most are rage posting on reddit about helicopters not being a promised feature.

10 minutes ago, Influence_X said:

1. They said helicopters are on a wish list and may not be coming due to server performance. 
2. Why am I the only person who totally understands if this dev team doesn't want to put out a roadmap? Nothing else has ever caused as much salt in this community as roadmaps and failing to meet them, which they will fail, again. 
3. I'm fine with this, they said that their new approach is "under promise and over deliver", so you'll hear about updates just before they happen, which is approximately once a month. I would rather have an almost guaranteed update every month, than a status report twice a month with an update every 3-6 months.
4. I also only play this game to interact with a community I've put together on a public hive server, for me, it's the lack of in depth medical systems... as I tend to like to save people during medical emergencies. 
5. Why? It's not like people understood what was really going on with the engine changes by and large by the community. It's a real minority that truly understood what happened with this game, and why most are rage posting on reddit about helicopters not being a promised feature.

Couple of things that I want to comment on.

First of all, where did they say helicopters are not coming 100% sure anymore? I'm pretty sure they are still coming as confirmed with the December 2018 dev streams.

Secondly, a roadmap was promised and now it has been never mentioned again. Which is poor communication on itself. Moreover, a roadmap is an estimate, not a promise on when something should be released. Therefore I dont see a reason why the devs should stop releasing a roadmap, just because some people don't understand the idea behind a roadmap.

Edited by amadieus

On 4/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, eno said:

I’ll never take away from the fact that the game delivers in a way few if any others can- but man I wish we’d known 3 years ago where this train wreck was going to end up because I would have put another 1000 hours in then and appreciated it. 

I am happy that most or at least more than half of my DayZ hours have been made pre 0.60, maybe pre 0.59. It was certainly by many many things worse than it is now, but man there was a game, essentials just worked. 

I feel like launching DayZ again today. Just usual try to seek fun in it, just like I remember having in 0.5x, just running out alone and eventually running in some business (friendly, or not) in a hour or less. Usually it would have been less than hour to get things going if you knew where are hotspots around the coast. I will almost certainly fail at it. Right now and for quite a long time DayZ got to be in such way that you are always in rush for something, you travel, you loot, and everyone does this. Everyone runs deep inlands and keeps on moving and very carefully, but also fast. Some people told that this way the game is in slower pace and more realistic, but it is only true because you die of boredom in such way, and that takes a slow time. True slow pace is taking quite a bit of time at the coast and having some fun there, instead of diving straight into inland immediately, yes you meet people faster, and probably die faster, but you move slower and it makes more sense.  

Soon after 1.0 release I spent 1hour in Electro and saw nobody. Will try this again today. 

By the way where is Namalsk ? Being 1/4 of a size I suppose it will bring much more interactions, however it will probably be majorly pvp (though probably could be controled by loot specifics). I wonder if DayZ developers would do something to make Namalsk as sparse and as uneventful as Chernarus is now. I could suggest how this could be achieved.

How to make namalsk feel dead, empty, uneventful and boring in nine steps:

1. Less than 20 players max.
  2. Points of interest positioned in such way that people are least likely to meet.
  3. Spawning is designed in such way that people are least likely to meet.
  4. Loot is very rare, so players always run in search for loot, but not in search of other people, and when they see another people they run away or KOS.
  5. No vehicles, not even bicycles, because you don't want players to be more mobile and reach the hotspots in higher frequencies.
  6. Player voice has to be made to be audible in extremely low distance, so it would help not to detect or be detected by anyone.
  7. Shots to be audible in very little distances. 
  8. Corpses and everything to despawn immediately, because you don't want another players to find clues about any recent activity.
  9. Very low player rendering distances, will simply help to stay alone.
  10. No zombies, no wolves, no bears, no heli crash sites (or rendering from very low distance and lasting very short time)... nothing else, nothing to add up to dynamics.

3 hours ago, Influence_X said:

1. Yeah, that's upsetting for me and a number of my buddies from the Mod days. Helis are the main feature we've been waiting for and now knowing it's likely to not see them at all those friends have given up entirely.

2. I understand that, but they said they would and haven't mentioned it since. I believe they even doubled down on releasing some kind of road map in January.

3. I'd like to know that they intend on working on between patches. Some kind of confirmation that they're aware of things without having to dig through hundreds of Tweets & Feedback Tracker posts.

4. I think it's sad that the only reason we play is to stay engaged in our communities.

5. I understand it well enough and the changes are very apparent. It could have been & still could be communicated better exactly which things we're hoping for that are not really on the table any more and why.

• Beans 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:58 AM, ImpulZ said:

We did not do a good job in terms of managing expectations on "how fast" updates would come out post-release. But as I already wrote in other topics, our update rate evidently increased compared to the development before 0.63. Still, game development remains a challenging task and DayZ with all its features remains a challenging project and takes its time.

Excuse me, but there simply MUST be a better way, then, to format the updates/news so that it "feels" progressive and informative.

I cannot stress enough how disheartening it is, for a fan of the SA such as myself, to not have a solid foundation to base our expectations on, going forward.

I can watch from my PC screen...as it happens EVERY time a new build hits the servers....A brand new batch of bugs, (and remarkably a lot of OLD ones!) and a list of features/content that show no signs of completion, manage to create the largest part of the forum discussions and comments. I am as guilty as the next person...when I realize I am bitching about something that never ACTUALLY was "promised" at the time...however we invariably make stuff up and fabricate our OWN expectations because the level of communication is just not cohesive and definitive.

IMHO....naturally 😉

• Beans 1

I guess its kinda allright. Its obvius they are still building on core elements of a new game.

Edited by hemmo
  • Haha 1

I’m incredibly disappointed with how the game development has transpired over the past year or so. The devs want us to believe they are doing their best and that they listen to us ; this was true years ago but we know things are different now because we aren’t stupid and we know how to compare apples with oranges , they are just good at damage control and some of us mistake that for them “listening to us and doing their best” . These are not the same things .

I wouldnt give yourself credit yet devs , the small increase of 1.5k new players pales in comparison to the MILLIONS that bought into this idea and supported it for years, and even the tens of thousands that we have had at peak at one time ,  or the expected number of at least a little bit more than the peak players seeing as we are at “1.0” status . Why arent tens of thousands of people playing this game like they once were , it’s better isn’t it ? Dayz has the potential- but not the meat (features) that it’s supposed to ... and why haven’t we topped the 45 k peak that happened so long ago if the game has improved greatly ? Because it’s only been improved in the smallest of ways that’s why , and then those achievements are being inflated as if it’s a milestone like when we first got vehicles or when the new engine was 100% complete and enabled (wasn’t that a year ago or more now ?).

Until we get helicopters , soft skills fully developed , zombie hordes and properly implemented barricading (should have been done before base building tbh), I feel like this game will have no purpose other than for new people to come Into the scene and see how tense and amazing dayzs pvp is , and then unfortunately get burnt out when you realize that’s all there is. In fact , the only reason why I log on for an hour every week or so is because I think of the literal thousands of hours I have and how all of those hours were chasing amazing pvp battles and scenarios meeting strangers, and I want that again but can’t stay on long enough for it now ... running around for hours biding our time with pvp and player encounters all in the hopes that one day dayz would be more than that - but alas , years later it’s still just chasing a dream.

Ultimately,  that’s why you see a large jump in numbers , it has everything to do with new pc / Xbox players finding the game for the first time and social media communities seeing the pvp and player encounters for the first time, and it has nothing to do with the great work devs have put in over the past few months because truthfully the work has been far and few between and mainly focused on the Xbox version , which I can’t stress enough is the exact opposite of what the devs intended years ago ; pc was supposed to be priority until it was fully developed , but It’s not and was quickly put in parity with the Xbox version for these desperate number pulls for 2018/19 holidays .

Please devs earn our trust and respect back we gave you our money years ago and continue to give you our time and attention even though you’ve jaded us and backstabbed us , reneging many great statements or promises you’ve made. List of renegs for historical purposes 

1) stated they wouldn’t work on Xbox version too much until pc version is complete , although this was thrown out the window more than a year ago now to bring parity to Xbox version so their plans of selling dayz 1.0 on Pc and Xbox for Xmas 2018 and New Years 2019 respectively would fall into place silently .

2) the beta was ended too quickly for “unknown” or poorly explained reasons , although after being explained #1 above we can clearly see it was aligned with their business plan to sell more units

3) features like helicopters , advanced medical system , soft skills , zombie hordes and barricading (arguably main selling points that got many of us to buy the alpha in December of 2013) on every roadmap to be released before 1.0 but then on the last few roadmaps before that pushing it off until after 1.0 which we’re now almost 6 months into . No sign of these features yet and no word from devs when we can expect them . 

4) The enfusion engine ; you said it was going to be made for dayz , you said it would be the best decision for dayz even though it would set us back another 2 years , and that dayz could run smoothly with faster patching when the engine was in... so why now , have we been sitting here for 5 months after 1.0 struggling to get the engine to work with what little we have in game compared to what should be ? I thought alpha was for adding new features , and beta for fixing those features ? Why then, are we sitting here for 5 months AFTER 1.0 RELEASE fixing the Xbox version while the pc version sees nothing but more minute fixes to problems you guys created due to such a short beta ?

Maybe you oversold the power of this new engine to create hype in a game you weren’t even sure would work with the engine , or possibly overenthused us on the competence of your team to work with this “better” engine ? Is this engine even better or did you painstakingly create it solely for the future of Bohemia games , even at the expense of thousands of dedicated testers hungry for just one game to be completed and work properly (dayz)?

Hopefully we get where we are supposed to be before 2019 ends with all the features I mentioned above in at least semi working form, but to be honest unless the devs are cooking up a mega patch while being super silent then I don’t know if I can be hopeful for this year being the “year of dayz” - more like the year of many fixes for Xbox... man I remember playing dayz mod and getting the best feels due to base building and helicopters working well - lets get that for dayz SA please . 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 4

I play on a modded PVE only server (with increased zeds) and really enjoy it. HOWEVER, to get the optimal gameplay we have to run 34 mods...yes 34 mods to fix stupid shit that should have been in the original game such as build anywhere, disabled building construction and especially the ability to drive without the fear of your vehicle turning into a helicopter for 10 seconds. Unfortunately whilst this is awesome for gameplay, it also makes the server highly unstable. I can't believe the devs released this as 1.0 with so many things missing eg. the inventory having a slot for a hunting bow...and yet there's no hunting bow in the game!! really? 

• Beans 1

I just whish they would improve the core. Better modability, mod loading on server join, database bindings or at least socket communication so we can do it on our own, some documentation... Why build a new scripting engine and have very limited exposure of tunable functionality like weather or item scripts. Why not focus on this engine with arma 4 in mind and use the opportunity. 

Dayz itself was a result of modability. That value should be core. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

9 hours ago, pharoah said:

the ability to drive without the fear of your vehicle turning into a helicopter for 10 seconds

you have a MOD to do this ?
It works ?
have you mentioned it to the Devs ?