Baty Alquawen

Xbox Update 1.02

On 4/25/2019 at 5:27 PM, Stagman70 said:

.....and you know this how?

On 4/28/2019 at 1:19 PM, Stagman70 said:

There is nothing "wrong" with the respawns.  They don't respawn because they have been duped so much and stashed that no more will spawn until one is destroyed.

Duping is the problem with respawns... You literally just corrected yourself in the same sentence...

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 8:12 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Some sort of torch is on order! Head torches are good as you can still fight zombies. If you're carrying a torch you can just click it on and off to get your bearings. You can also make a torch with rags and a stick. Also glow sticks and flares, pistol lights, etc. Lots of light sources available. 

I'm well aware of how to make light. Moving around with lights on has got me killed twice. You're a glowing target if you produce any sort of light at night making it a non starter. 

21 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Oh well just server hop when it gets dark then. 🙄

I've put the game on today and it's taken 7 hops to find a day server and I've spent about half hour doing that. Really really boring! 

Edit: Five minutes on the day server and the game dropped me back to the menu screen. Just joined another server, guess what, glass black screen. I'm at about an 80 - 90% hit rate for jumping straight into night time servers I can't play on. This needs fixing fast! 

Edited by M00nfly

21 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

I've put the game on today and it's taken 7 hops to find a day server and I've spent about half hour doing that. Really really boring! 

Yes, server hopping is, as you say, really really boring. Hmm... 

40 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Edit: Five minutes on the day server and the game dropped me back to the menu screen. Just joined another server, guess what, glass black screen. This needs fixing fast! 

Night was updated by popular request. Players on the forum shouted for it so they got it.

A new DayZ survival tip for when it is very dark :

1 ) you may sometimes need a TORCH
make sure it has a BATTERY in it

2 ) A HEAD TORCH is better
make sure it has a battery in it

3 ) Learn how to switch your torch on and off in an emergency

4 ) when you are in a dangerous area where players might shoot at you if they see the torch  -  learn to use your torch the way you would use a torch in a dangerous area.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

I think I'm going to put the game down until the next patch. Hopefully it comes with a server and character wipes. At least give some of us a chance to find some of the weapons. Great game been waiting years to play. And was not let down. But the dupping has just done for me lately. Gotta wait and see what happens

15 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Night was updated by popular request. Players on the forum shouted for it so they got it.

A new DayZ survival tip for when it is very dark :

1 ) you may sometimes need a TORCH
make sure it has a BATTERY in it

2 ) A HEAD TORCH is better
make sure it has a battery in it

3 ) Learn how to switch your torch on and off in an emergency

4 ) when you are in a dangerous area where players might shoot at you if they see the torch  -  learn to use your torch the way you would use a torch in a dangerous area.

Pretty sure the request wasnt "please make night time look like our tvs have been turned off", because that's what I've got! 

I well know how to use torches, and it's got me killed twice. Define dangerous area, because both my deaths were well out of towns where I should have been reasonably safe. Single head shot, black screen, dead, using head torches. Head torch = no helmet = easiest target in the world. 

I'm all for night being night, I like that it lasts a while, I dont like that it makes the game unplayable for 50% of the playtime, especially when I'm lucky to get 4-6 hours a week to relax playing games. I don't even mind the duping, I'm just getting on with it, the way the game bugs when zombies go agro is a bigger problem with doors suddenly being really difficult to close, but you at least need to be able to see something! 

Edited by M00nfly

37 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Pretty sure the request wasnt "please make night time look like our tvs have been turned off",

I thought night was OK before the change  = IMO = but it seems most players disagreed with me.  That's not unusual.
I play whatever is there.
The nighttime argument is getting to be like the 1p or 3p arguments. there seem to be fanatics on both sides.
Remember this all started as a way to beat the Gamma exploit
Players were using high gamma to play exactly as if it was full daylight. So "'honest" night players got shot plenty, and from a distance.

I always carry a torch anyway, whatever the current night is like - it's very useful for a quick flash in a dark place, to get your bearings, notice something you would miss, or sometimes to attract attention deliberately
but wandering around for more than a FEW SECONDS wearing a head torch turned on, is  not a great idea IMO  unless you have a special reason for it

Myself - I object to the zombs having the EXACT same detection distance at night as they do in the day.. this seems WRONG to me.

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Ok, so here's my feedback on the current build of this game:

- Night is now too dark to the point the game isnt playable at all without a torch, I can't even see my character, my screen is simply black which is plain stupid. You should be able to do something without a light. A torch does nothing to help navigation, all it does it light my character up a bit and that about it. 

- If a zombie gets close your weapon won't fire because you character registers the zombie as an obstical and your character pulls the gun up, again plain stupid. 

- I had two zombie hits damage all my gear today. Seems wrong to me when it was all in good condition. 

- When a group of zombies agro, doors seem almost impossible to open or close, seems like this needs fixing. 

- How about all these alpha bugs that are supposed to be addressed ready for the games full release get sorted before we try adding in new content and features? The only thing that the full release seems to have improved is lag and frame rates, which were sorely needed but far from the only big problems. 

- The duping is a clear issue, servers are devoid of loot now other than a few repeat bits of clothing nobody wants. Once looting becomes a non starter all you have is a battle royal game with no contracting circle where new players can join at will and the round never ends on a map so huge it takes hours to traverse. I'm not sure that's a good game. 

- The loot system in general needs a big overhaul IMO. Trying to find car parts makes server hopping mandatory and a 90 second counter doesn't stop hopping. Finding 3 batteries and nothing else in all the towns close to a vehicle is daft. Nobody is going to persist trying to find all the required parts on one map, I'm certainly not going to carry a wheel across this map for ten hours praying I don't get KOS'd at any moment. 

While the general game concept is very good and clearly popular, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. The devs need to concentrate on getting the game working well. Once that's done they can add all the content they want. Heck, get the game working well and I'll buy additional content. Currently 3 quarters of the survival element is just surviving the game bugs and broken mechanics, all the while trying to avoid the inevitable eventual one bullet death that has become the end to every character. 

Edited by M00nfly

1 hour ago, M00nfly said:

Ok, so here's my feedback on the current build of this game:

- Night is now too dark to the point the game isnt playable at all without a torch, I can't even see my character, my screen is simply black which is plain stupid. You should be able to do something without a light. A torch does nothing to help navigation, all it does it light my character up a bit and that about it. 

- If a zombie gets close your weapon won't fire because you character registers the zombie as an obstical and your character pulls the gun up, again plain stupid. 

- I had two zombie hits damage all my gear today. Seems wrong to me when it was all in good condition. 

- When a group of zombies agro, doors seem almost impossible to open or close, seems like this needs fixing. 

- How about all these alpha bugs that are supposed to be addressed ready for the games full release get sorted before we try adding in new content and features? The only thing that the full release seems to have improved is lag and frame rates, which were sorely needed but far from the only big problems. 

- The duping is a clear issue, servers are devoid of loot now other than a few repeat bits of clothing nobody wants. Once looting becomes a non starter all you have is a battle royal game with no contracting circle where new players can join at will and the round never ends on a map so huge it takes hours to traverse. I'm not sure that's a good game. 

- The loot system in general needs a big overhaul IMO. Trying to find car parts makes server hopping mandatory and a 90 second counter doesn't stop hopping. Finding 3 batteries and nothing else in all the towns close to a vehicle is daft. Nobody is going to persist trying to find all the required parts on one map, I'm certainly not going to carry a wheel across this map for ten hours praying I don't get KOS'd at any moment. 

While the general game concept is very good and clearly popular, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. The devs need to concentrate on getting the game working well. Once that's done they can add all the content they want. Heck, get the game working well and I'll buy additional content. Currently 3 quarters of the survival element is just surviving the game bugs and broken mechanics, all the while trying to avoid the inevitable eventual one bullet death that has become the end to every character. 

I started as a new spawn two hours ago at factory. Made my way up the coast for twenty mins collecting food and basic supplies. Headed west via Orlovets, Polana and Gorka. Most of that at night with a head torch. On my way to Stary with a shotty, SGK and an SKS with scope. Plenty of ammo, food and water. 

Nobody is disputing the bugs and issues with duping. But night time is playable and there is plenty of loot still kicking about. Just no assault rifles. 

This game had changed a lot. It will continue to change a lot. If you wait till the game does everything YOU want it to do in the way YOU want it to you'll have a long wait. The best thing you can do is play the game in whatever state it is in and adjust your play style to suit the current build, or, not play it at all. 

The devs are well aware of the current issues and are working on those issues. Find a bug...report it in the bug tracker. Its far more productive. 

You seem to be particularly struggling at night. You really do need a light source and a compass. Work out where you're heading and set off. Use the torch occasionally to navigate in towns. Head torch is best as it allows melee when infected take an interest in you.

It's not meant to be easy. 

I've spent all day on it today and got almost nothing. Night time is not playable for me at all, even with a torch I can't see anything past my immediate character so I still can't move around. I don't see a building till I run into it, even with a torch on. Without a torch all I can see is the stamina bar and indicators, and the shovel handle, nothing else. 

I've run out of ammo and all I keep finding is the same useless ammo that doesn't fit my weapon. I've a pistol, scorpion, shot gun, and bolt action, and I'm down to the last 20 rounds for the rifle. I'm not even coming across duct tape anymore so struggling to keep my gear in good condition. You may be able to manage at night, but I can't on my screen and I'm not finding anything but clothes. I'm starting to get bored of the game again because Im getting nowhere and sooner or later the zombies will get me when I can't close a door or shoot because of the bad mechanics. All I'm doing is wondering around for what seems like no reason. 

I'm trying to get a car going, I've shifted my focus to that but it won't start. I've spent two days finding the wheels plugs and battery. I've filled the radiator with water and all items are pristine. Does it have to have doors and a hood before it will start up? 

Edited by M00nfly

1 hour ago, M00nfly said:

I've spent all day on it today and got almost nothing. Night time is not playable for me at all, even with a torch I can't see anything past my immediate character so I still can't move around. I don't see a building till I run into it, even with a torch on. Without a torch all I can see is the stamina bar and indicators, and the shovel handle, nothing else. 

I've run out of ammo and all I keep finding is the same useless ammo that doesn't fit my weapon. I've a pistol, scorpion, shot gun, and bolt action, and I'm down to the last 20 rounds for the rifle. I'm not even coming across duct tape anymore so struggling to keep my gear in good condition. You may be able to manage at night, but I can't on my screen and I'm not finding anything but clothes. I'm starting to get bored of the game again because Im getting nowhere and sooner or later the zombies will get me when I can't close a door or shoot because of the bad mechanics. All I'm doing is wondering around for what seems like no reason. 

I'm trying to get a car going, I've shifted my focus to that but it won't start. I've spent two days finding the wheels plugs and battery. I've filled the radiator with water and all items are pristine. Does it have to have doors and a hood before it will start up? 

No, doesn't need doors but needs a battery which you didn't mention and also oil. One can should be enough. 

Look, if you want to hook up some time I'm always happy to have company. Looting is safer with two

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, doesn't need doors but  . ..

it doesnt need doors but it helps to keep the zombies away when you drive through them .. . I didnt get hurt last time anyway and they were pretty much all over the car . ..  Even though a zombie got me through a barrack wall and a cabin wall just yesterday

On 5/6/2019 at 7:43 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No, doesn't need doors but needs a battery which you didn't mention and also oil. One can should be enough. 

Look, if you want to hook up some time I'm always happy to have company. Looting is safer with two

Ye I have those. Think it's fuel I need but I just can't find any. 

I did however come across a hidden camp, full of tents, chests and all kinds of equipment. Hundreds of mines, thousands of round of ammo, multiples of every gun all with full mags, just tons and tons of equipment. I got spotted half way through dumping it all but managed to run and hide in the bushes before logging off. I plan on trying to get back there and finishing the job off. 

46 minutes ago, M00nfly said:

Ye I have those. Think it's fuel I need but I just can't find any.

if you cannot find a jerry can of fuel, you can fill other containers with fuel from gas stations. You can then drive the car to said gas station to fill up completely. Possibly quicker and easier than finding a jerry can

Last jerrycan I found was in a military area, and when full (usually so far) it weighs over 23kg and you either need a big rucksack or you carry it in your hands. It completely killed my stamina . . . almost as bad as carrying some of the other car parts .. 

As Ive said before, when I started building this car, required carparts started appearing in the local area  . . . I dont know if i was imagining it but . .. .

As is always the case in chenarus, you never find what you're looking for and then when you do, you find five. 

I always find all the parts and fuel for cars in abundance when I'm rolling around. As soon as I decide to build a car I suddenly can't find anything. I always repeat over and over in my head that I'm really looking for a pea coat in the hope that the elusive item I want appears. Not sure if it works but it makes me happy. 

Well my experience is about to make me give up again now. There are two ways I die in this game, either a player kills me, which is fair enough, or the games bugs kill me. 

I got the car running, lag at 10mph had me driving along nicely, then frozen screen, then facing a wall with a knackered radiator. I slowed to 10mph to avoid that but it was in vain. 

Do I needed up on foot, a few moments later and a zombie I couldn't see or hear agro'd. I ran for shelter and as is typical the door wouldn't open as soon as the zombies have a status change, I turned to shoot and the bug where you can't shoot when a zombie is too close meant I was entirely defenceless, pinned against a door that wouldn't open and unable to use the meagre pickings of weapons I scraped together. One punch and I was unconscious, so no idea what all the helmet, armour and combat clothes actually do, nothing it seems. After that there's nothing to do other than listen to the zombies kick you to death. 

This has gone on too long now and I'm sick of fighting the worst physics and net optimisation I've ever seen in a game. It's no fun when you literally only die because the games glitches leave you helpless, and you can't find any gear unless you luck upon a dupers stash. 

the lag and screen freezes while driving are insane.. we wanted some action so we drove our ulga through Elektro and our drivers game crashed 3x and what makes it worse is the passenger can not exit the car until the driver disappears out of the car.. so that is fun.

1 hour ago, Seth Allen Smith said:

the lag and screen freezes while driving are insane.. we wanted some action so we drove our ulga through Elektro and our drivers game crashed 3x and what makes it worse is the passenger can not exit the car until the driver disappears out of the car.. so that is fun.

You wanted action and excitement though right? What's more exciting than doing 70mph through a hostile city with no driver! 

Sheesh, no pleasing some people! 

the good thing is once the drivers game crashes the car comes to a stop instead of rolling into a building.  I did get the hot action i was looking for though, critters came a runnin when they heard the car come into town.

• Haha 1