Stagman70

Okay guys...WTF?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Tino81 said:

The only thing to do is accept it. It happens on the Xbox and on the PC so it's a case of dealing with it I'm afraid. 

Don't forget that KOS benefits other players who happen to stumble across a body after the deed has been done. 

You have a strange idea about the help and morality. KoS does not want to lose the benefits that it has, wants to have an easy profit.
Deception, immoral behavior and impunity of KoS incline players towards such behavior. KoS tends to spread like an infection.
The scale of KoS forces the game to lose all moral boundaries - well-armed KoS players do not hesitate to shoot the weak survivors on the coast.

Edited by lex__1

3 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

You have a strange idea about the help and morality. KoS does not want to lose the benefits that it has, wants to have an easy profit.
Deception, immoral behavior and impunity of KoS incline players towards such behavior. KoS tends to spread like an infection.
The scale of KoS forces the game to lose all moral boundaries - well-armed KoS players do not hesitate to shoot the weak survivors on the coast.

I think you're taking it a little too seriously! And it had nothing to do with how well armed somebody is. If you're struggling to survive on the coast move inland. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I think you're taking it a little too seriously! And it had nothing to do with how well armed somebody is. If you're struggling to survive on the coast move inland. 

Exactly, I always stay inland now and very rarely go to the coast.

11 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Dude, it's a game for crying out loud!

36 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

31 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Dude, it's a game for crying out loud! 

Guys, this topic is not for KoS supporters.
If the obvious problem of KoS is not a problem for you, this topic is not for you.
Probably you are not faced with the idiocy that KoS can create in a game.

3 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Probably you are not faced with the idiocy that KoS can create in a game.

well _ I've been playing DayZ since the Mod  .. < ..how many years is that? .. >   has something changed about KOS ?
I still think you are really complaining about Duping .. and I think Duping is a bad problem that has to be addressed ..
scuse me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be your main beef with Xbox DayZ ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

well _ I've been playing DayZ since the Mod  .. < ..how many years is that? .. >   has something changed about KOS ?
I still think you are really complaining about Duping .. and I think Duping is a bad problem that has to be addressed ..
scuse me if I'm wrong, but that seems to be your main beef with Xbox DayZ ?

I think this is not just about the Xbox. The question raised by the author of the topic is familiar to me for DayZ PC. His narration is very soft for such a topic.
Duping - yes it sounds better, but also soft)))

On 4/25/2019 at 5:32 AM, lex__1 said:

Why did you decide that I am completely against the presence of the role of KoS in the game?
Not everyone wants to be in the role of KoS in the game, but they are forced to accept this role, since it is more profitable to shoot a stranger and then apologize in case of a chance meeting in the game. Two players can help each other in the game, but at another meeting they will not recognize each other and will start a shootout. Is it not absurd when the server is almost 100% KoS? There are players who want to play a peaceful role, but they are practically deprived of this opportunity, or KoS can often become a spontaneous situation.
There are quite a few players who try not to play the role of KoS. For this reason, I offer my ideas on what can reduce the level of benefits of being KoS.
Any ideas on how to influence this.

Look, here is the reality of the situation:

Players are going to play how they play, no amount of complaining is going to change that. The only hope is that eventually the KoS people and the duper’s will get bored with the game and move on. 

KoS has always been a huge part of the game and is partly what makes the game exciting to play. If you think the game wouldn’t instantly bore you to tears if the percentage of KoS players dropped off and the percentage of friendly “let’s sing kumbaya” dramatically increased to the point where you’re more likely to meet a friendly than a KoS player you’re dead wrong! It’s the fact that the friendliness percentage is low in comparison to the KoS’ers that makes the game exciting because it keeps you on edge. It’s the meeting that needle in a haystack (someone friendly) in a world dominated by Kos players that usually leads to an interesting encounter which would never exist if the percentages were reversed and you expected to meet friendlies all the time. 

This game really isn’t for everyone and I don’t say that to you as some sort of passive aggressive “why don’t you go play something else” statement but just as an undeniable fact. In order to fully appreciate this game, which based on the passion within your posts, you clearly do want to appreciate it but, in order to fully appreciate it, you have to come to terms with the idea that the whole premise of this game, what makes the game unique is the total lack of control you have over how the game plays out. It is a reflection of reality that a lot of players with your same complaint (myself included at times) haven’t quite figured out. You have about the same amount of control in the game and what other players do as you do in real life and what other people do. 

Life is chaos we’re deluding ourselves into thinking we have control over and DayZ is nothing more than a reflection of that but just with more obvious and quicker  consequences. 

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1

On 4/21/2019 at 9:17 PM, Stagman70 said:

I don't mean to sound like a whiny little bitch, but this shit is getting old.  No shit, there I was, chilling in a cabin at a hunting camp.  It was night, so I proceeded slowly into the camp.  Checked out some cabins, and was going through my gear, getting ready to navigate my way through the zeds meandering around the aide station.  I wasn't "geared", but I had accumulated some nice stuff....a Mosin with a scope, about 40 rounds for it, an SKS with about 30 rounds, a Scorpion with a half mag and 2 full, and a handgun.  Had PLENTY of food and water to trek across the map and back, and I had my coveted cowboy hat (my headgear of choice).  Anyhooooo, there I am, minding my own business, eating an apple, and someone spawned INTO MY CABIN, and IMMEDIATELY opened fire, knocking me out.  Now I "might" be able to look past that, perhaps I startled him.....understandable.  But why not duct tape or handcuff me, revive me, and rob me (or better yet, say "My bad, homie.  Sorry) instead of KILLING ME.  Later, after respawning YET AGAIN,  I ran into the military camp north of Staroye.  As I was going through a tent, I heard footsteps run up.  I pulled my shotgun, told the guy I was cool, but I have my gun out and that I would shoot.  The guy said that he was cool, and that he was unarmed.  I explained that I was a two-time victim of douche-baggery today and that I wasn't gonna take any chances.  He informed me that the same thing happened to him, and that he was trying to get back to his guys.  I was plenty armed (although I did score another SKS), so I proceeded to help the stranger find some firepower.  I found him an FX-45, two loaded mags, and some loose .45 ACP.  I offered him my Scorpion and two mags, but he declined, and I was able to shift gear around to accommodate my new found SKS.  Anyway, the point to this story is, why do people only play HALF of the game, and completely bypass ANY interaction whatsoever?  I know it's a survival game, and I am aware of "survival of the fittest", but here lately it's been "survival of the weapons-grade ass hats".  I would like to think that if there ever WAS to be an actual  breakdown of society, that there are at least SOME people, like the guy I helped at the camp, still out there.

Jesus you are a whiney bitch on every single thread huh? You're playing a cut throat game where people can play however they want. And then you bitch cause someone killed you and didnt duct tape you instead. I understand that getting tied up may be your thing as you are a beta, but maybe you should find a new game. You said you know it's a survival game, yet you complain when people kill on site. I would love to find you ingame. I'd be more than happy to tie you up and then turn you into a YouTube video right before I execute and take all your loot. 

Stop complaining about how other people want to play the game and survive. You didnt buy their game. Dont like it, then be more careful and attentive to your surroundings. Stop spending to much time in one spot where people can find you or spawn in. 

You're comments are on these forums crack me up. Such a little girl

41 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Hiro,

He does nothing but bitch and moan and then gets butt hurt and defensive when you put him in his place. He plays it up as if he is on some moral or intellectual high ground when in all reality he is a dumbass and a whiney bitch. He doesnt understand what this game is and how it is meant to be played, which is to play however the hell you want. Survive however you see fit. He rather be tied up like a bitch than be killed in a firefight

I think everyone, at some point or another, has knowingly or unknowingly complained that the game should be played this way or that, myself included. I don’t want to pile on the guy for something EVERYONE does or has done at some point. 

Like I said originally, that until people realize the true premise of this game is understanding you have no control of how things will play out in the game then we’re bound to hear these sorts of complaints all the time. The challenge is, not reacting with condescension and anger towards those who haven’t quite figured it out yet (which being this is the internet is very difficult for some people to do)

29 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

I think everyone, at some point or another, has knowingly or unknowingly complained that the game should be played this way or that, myself included. I don’t want to pile on the guy for something EVERYONE does or has done at some point. 

Like I said originally, that until people realize the true premise of this game is understanding you have no control of how things will play out in the game then we’re bound to hear these sorts of complaints all the time. The challenge is, not reacting with condescension and anger towards those who haven’t quite figured it out yet (which being this is the internet is very difficult for some people to do)

I've never said this game should be played one way or another. I've always enjoyed the sandbox aspect of this game and I encourage people to play as they see fit. If I get int I'll a firefight and die, cool. If I walk around a corner and get killed by someone camping in the corner, cool. That's how they play and survive. That's fine with me, I just better be more alert and cautious next life.  Wanna go built a home in the woods, go for it. Wanna be a ruthless pirate and tape pillage and plunder people and fresh spawns, go for it. 

My issue is with people like stag that presume that they run the game and make the calls on how others should play as if they paid for it themselves. Unfortunately I have always found that to be a large portion of the dayz community. 

4 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

My issue is with people like stag that presume that they run the game and make the calls on how others should play as if they paid for it themselves

Says the guy who complains that there isn't enough loot left for HIM.  Says the guy that wants the game itself altered to accommodate HIM. 

10 hours ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

My issue is with people like stag that presume that they run the game and make the calls on how others should play as if they paid for it themselves. Unfortunately I have always found that to be a large portion of the dayz community. 

I understand where you’re coming from totally but as I said earlier, we’ve all been guilty of doing this at one point or another so maybe we can all ease up on each other when that happens. 

I don’t know Stag but I imagine or assume his post was more of a cathartic vent about a situation we’ve all dealt with and he just wanted to vent his frustrations. I can’t be that upset about that because I too have posted a venting post at some point and probably will again at some point. It happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 4/29/2019 at 6:21 AM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Jesus you are a whiney bitch on every single thread huh? You're playing a cut throat game where people can play however they want. And then you bitch cause someone killed you and didnt duct tape you instead. I understand that getting tied up may be your thing as you are a beta, but maybe you should find a new game. You said you know it's a survival game, yet you complain when people kill on site. I would love to find you ingame. I'd be more than happy to tie you up and then turn you into a YouTube video right before I execute and take all your loot. 

Stop complaining about how other people want to play the game and survive. You didnt buy their game. Dont like it, then be more careful and attentive to your surroundings. Stop spending to much time in one spot where people can find you or spawn in. 

You're comments are on these forums crack me up. Such a little girl 

I will give you an example video about two "bitches". This video is not staged plot. The dialogue of the guys in the game in Russian. For this, in a few words about the plot of "THE ROAD OF LIE". Two players meet in the game, get acquainted. One player offers a novice a joint game, support and assistance in getting acquainted with the game. The whole story ends with the fact that another player must join them - a friend of a young player. When they meet a third player, the first young player kills our loyal assistant.

Such behavior of players motivates the author to a social experiment. After that, on the channel of the author of the video - Russian Bear, a series of videos began to appear - "CHECK FOR HONESTY".

In them, the author sets himself the task, to show the behavior of players in the game, in different situations. In them, Mishka works under the cover of his faithful friend and offers help to strangers in the game or asks for help. If the stranger shows adequate behavior, Mishka tells him about the experiment. Players who demonstrate honesty and moral stability are rewarded. All the "moral monsters" are sent to the shore.
The general goal of the experiment is aimed at such a moment in the game, that if another player speaks to you, offers help or asks for help, you do not need to be a “bitch” or a “rat”.

This topic is not about PvP or PvE game in DayZ, this topic is about the lack of morality of the players in the game, about the lack of morality in the part of the game, when the player prefers to be “Bitch or Rat”, infecting other players with this behavior.

Edited by lex__1

Im a new player and knew what I was getting into, the numerous publicity material even mentions hostile players etc etc.

In the last week ive died around 10-12 times, mostly my own fault from being too noisy, deciding to shoot a sheep near a town and not being prepared for what would happen, running around a corner into a few Z’s etc.

Ive also been attacked 3 times by other players. 1 was a bambi like me and I managed to beat him, another was a great roleplay moment where I became the unintentional ‘victim’ of and 3rd was a KOS with an assault rifle even though I was unarmed in starter clothes. There was a 4th time where I got insta death so the assumption is I was head shotted. I also met one guy on the streets who said hello and moved on with a ‘keep surviving buddy’ as he went on his way. Im realising that not every player encounter is bad but you’ve got to assume it will be, pretty much as the game steers you to think.

For me, its just a shame there isn’t a specific server where people can go that generally don’t KOS but look to the other side of the game, rebuilding humanity and working together. Mix that in with some inevitable KOS players (bandits etc) that will always be out there and you have a perfect game from my perspective.

However, what the current status of the game provides is a real sense of nervousness, which if that’s what they intended then I feel they have it spot on. The downside to this is ive started to care less about my characters and stopped trying to ‘re-roll’ to get the starter toon I like but just run with whatever it gives me, which isn’t something I really like or envisaged.

• Like 1

You will always get every type of player I guess. I remember watching some FrankieOnPC videos on the old Arma mod. You gained points for killing infected, healing other players, etc and with enough points you got the hero skin. If you killed innocent players you ended up with a bandit skin. This would be a cool feature on a private RP server maybe. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Luke Linette said:

I'm stuck in a bridge😡

Lol, dayz, you gotta smile! 

I was laughing a few weeks ago. I was watching Sada streaming with Frankie and frankie died on a ladder and I remember he was laughing how after six years ladders were still an issue. 

On any other game, the bugs would drive me nuts. Maybe because I watched dayz on YouTube for years, I got used to seeing the dev history and the bugs and just expected it. 

I just love this game. 

DayZ giveth, and dayz taketh away. 

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lol, dayz, you gotta smile! 

I was laughing a few weeks ago. I was watching Sada streaming with Frankie and frankie died on a ladder and I remember he was laughing how after six years ladders were still an issue. 

On any other game, the bugs would drive me nuts. Maybe because I watched dayz on YouTube for years, I got used to seeing the dev history and the bugs and just expected it. 

I just love this game. 

DayZ giveth, and dayz taketh away. 

Yes

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You will always get every type of player I guess. I remember watching some FrankieOnPC videos on the old Arma mod. You gained points for killing infected, healing other players, etc and with enough points you got the hero skin. If you killed innocent players you ended up with a bandit skin. This would be a cool feature on a private RP server maybe. 

I’d love something like this to be implemented again..

6 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I’d love something like this to be implemented again..

you and me both  .. .

I don't kill on sight. I often get killed for it.

However while I don't remember all the many who have shot me dead I remember all those with whom I have had a good interaction with. 

If everyone was nice the game would be less exciting

Edited by awalsh47

On 4/24/2019 at 2:34 AM, TahoeBeast said:

Until you are cornered in a building trying to get away from zombies and 2 seconds later a dude walks up and says "hello there, need some help? I'm friendly" I said sure I'm friendly. Once zombies were dead in 2 seconds because he had full auto MP5 silenced and everything was quite for a split second I heard the laugh come from his character and I said "yo dude dont come in here or I will shoot you on site" which then a second later I was dead. He didnt get me but the only thing I can think of is I was by a little window and his buddy was on a hill with a sniper.

Dude that same thing happened to me. Only he said it then I said sure I'm friendly.  Then his character laughs and I said if you come near me or in this building you will die.  Then that's when he showd his teeth and his other 10 buddies came outta the wood works. I was able to kill 4 but then the others got me.