Stagman70

Okay guys...WTF?!?!?!

I don't mean to sound like a whiny little bitch, but this shit is getting old.  No shit, there I was, chilling in a cabin at a hunting camp.  It was night, so I proceeded slowly into the camp.  Checked out some cabins, and was going through my gear, getting ready to navigate my way through the zeds meandering around the aide station.  I wasn't "geared", but I had accumulated some nice stuff....a Mosin with a scope, about 40 rounds for it, an SKS with about 30 rounds, a Scorpion with a half mag and 2 full, and a handgun.  Had PLENTY of food and water to trek across the map and back, and I had my coveted cowboy hat (my headgear of choice).  Anyhooooo, there I am, minding my own business, eating an apple, and someone spawned INTO MY CABIN, and IMMEDIATELY opened fire, knocking me out.  Now I "might" be able to look past that, perhaps I startled him.....understandable.  But why not duct tape or handcuff me, revive me, and rob me (or better yet, say "My bad, homie.  Sorry) instead of KILLING ME.  Later, after respawning YET AGAIN,  I ran into the military camp north of Staroye.  As I was going through a tent, I heard footsteps run up.  I pulled my shotgun, told the guy I was cool, but I have my gun out and that I would shoot.  The guy said that he was cool, and that he was unarmed.  I explained that I was a two-time victim of douche-baggery today and that I wasn't gonna take any chances.  He informed me that the same thing happened to him, and that he was trying to get back to his guys.  I was plenty armed (although I did score another SKS), so I proceeded to help the stranger find some firepower.  I found him an FX-45, two loaded mags, and some loose .45 ACP.  I offered him my Scorpion and two mags, but he declined, and I was able to shift gear around to accommodate my new found SKS.  Anyway, the point to this story is, why do people only play HALF of the game, and completely bypass ANY interaction whatsoever?  I know it's a survival game, and I am aware of "survival of the fittest", but here lately it's been "survival of the weapons-grade ass hats".  I would like to think that if there ever WAS to be an actual  breakdown of society, that there are at least SOME people, like the guy I helped at the camp, still out there.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Yeah... We/They are spread wide apart though.

Most of the time you encounter kos players. 

Yesterday i took my character down to the coast for the first time in weeks. I walked down from kamensk over to svetlajorsk to raid the coast of canned food and netting. The second i entered svetlajorsk i heard gunfire, saw a guy laying outside the church. Tried revive but no luck. Took his soda, 12 bullets and a plum. 

Reached the ship wreck and talked to a bambi, asked if he needed anything and carried on down to berezino, it sounds like ww3 around berezino so i kept on the outside along the tree line, ran into 2 players asking me for an M4 while standing behind a tree with guns drawn (shotgun and mosin) and I said i don't have one but i got a fully loaded AKM ready at my disposal. I turned around and started jogging when one of them fired off his shotgun 20 meters behind me and then they ran. From my right another bambi walked up and asked if they were shooting at us, i told him it's mostly kos down here so go inland. He walked with for 4-5 minutes and I asked if he wanted to tag along to zelenogorsk MB but he wanted to raid the coast... I gave him a silenced ump with a full clip and wished him good luck. As i jogged away from him i said you can either shot me in the back and get all my loot, or be one of the good guys and help people out. I'm still alive 🙂

• Like 5

I prefer to give players the benefit of doubt and say hello.Its worked pretty good so far.

I think there’s a lot of players out there with pubg mentality but luckily I’ve managed to avoid them.

• Like 6

this game always has been and always will be a KOS FPS and there are about a thousand FPS titles that are infinity times better at it than dayz.  i havent played since .60 and recently came back.  i haven't ran into a single person who didnt try to kill me the second they saw me.  not one single person.  ive had 2 bases looted since it only takes 2 minutes to get around any defense you could possibly have.  tonight i experienced a hacker who appeared out of nowhere when i was getting into my volga and they were dressed in the identical outfit i had on.  of course he killed me without hesitation.  ive lost any hope that after 6 years this game will be anything other than a KOS running simulator and decided to delete it from my pc. 

Edited by fat nixxer
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, fat nixxer said:

this game always has been and always will be a KOS FPS

Actually, no it hasn't.  It's a plurality of douche-bags that make it that way.  DayZ was developed as and was meant to be a survival simulator that not only, and I will admit, pushed people into being the "shoot first, talk second" type, but also encourages people to interact with others and work as a team to achieve a common goal.....SURVIVAL, and there is strength in numbers.

Shit wouldn't be happening if we had character locked or private servers.

As always, blame BI. Not the player.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Shit wouldn't be happening if we had character locked or private servers.

As always, blame BI. Not the player.

Why do you think locked servers would stop kos? 

I think locked characters would certainly level the playing field and make the experience much more interesting.I For one cant understand why they are so against it.Of course you will still get idiots out to kill everything they came across but at least they wouldn’t be able to server hop there arses out of any karma handed  to them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Actually, no it hasn't.  It's a plurality of douche-bags that make it that way.  DayZ was developed as and was meant to be a survival simulator that not only, and I will admit, pushed people into being the "shoot first, talk second" type, but also encourages people to interact with others and work as a team to achieve a common goal.....SURVIVAL, and there is strength in numbers.

ive been playing since .28 and regardless of the devs intentions, it has always been KOS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Never said it would stop it. It definitely would reduce it tho.

People wouldn't want to risk their characters after spending hours, possibly DayZ looting up, gearing your character how you want it, etc.

I can go on and on about the benefits CL servers has.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, fat nixxer said:

ive been playing since .28 and regardless of the devs intentions, it has always been KOS. 

There are about 1million websites and Youtube videos on the net where ALL the Preppies agree that THE ONE DEADLY DANGER in a social breakdown is OTHER PEOPLE
Now (not a Preppie myself) but THEY are talking about the real world. There are literally hundreds of experts online to explain why you need military weapons..when the S hits the F
You Need them for killing other people - is the short answer..  People who are not nice because they want to take your stuff. - Kill them if you are nice (because they are bad).
So there must be a whole bunch of Stealth Preppies who think the best idea is to kill the OTHERS first and take THEIR stuff ?? They just can't say so online. (LOL)

Seem to be a lot of military weapons in DayZ and many players want to own them.. so WHY do they WANT THEM... ?

I guess the answer is obvious?
- to use them ?

DayZ is social breakdown into chaos.. it is survival against anything out there. If you think TRUST is the way to go, then do it.. if you think ROBBERY and KOS is the way to go, then do it.  You will learn what works.
DayZ is a kind of experiment on how people REALLY act when social rules are GONE.
That's how it's always been.. that is what it is FOR.

Maybe (I dont know but just "maybe") a new generation of kids are MORE into FPS where pulling the trigger is more important than talking (because there AINT any talking, the AIM of those games is to KILL)..
But since the start DayZ has always been full of killers and it wouldn't be half so interesting if that wasn't true.
Without having to keep out of the way of KOS, and playing at being smarter than KOSers  - I'd personally find this game boring.

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, Mr squizzer said:

Of course you will still get idiots out to kill everything they came across but at least they wouldn’t be able to server hop there arses out of any karma handed  to them.

Exactly. And sooner or later they will be hunted down. 

I love hearing people complain about get killed on site. Warms my little heart.

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

There are about 1million websites and Youtube videos on the net where ALL the Preppies agree that THE ONE DEADLY DANGER in a social breakdown is OTHER PEOPLE
Now (not a Preppie myself) but THEY are talking about the real world. There are literally hundreds of experts online to explain why you need military weapons..when the S hits the F
You Need thel for killing other people - is the short answer..  People who are not nice because they want to take your stuff. - Kill them if you are nice (because they are bad).
So there must be a whole bunch of Stealth Preppies who think the best idea is to kill the OTHERS first and take THEIR stuff ?? They just can't say so online. (LOL)

Seem to be a lot of military weapons in DayZ and many players want to own them.. so WHY do they WANT THEM... ?

I guess the answer is obvious?
- to use them ?

DayZ is social breakdown into chaos.. it is survival against anything out there. If you think TRUST is the way to go, then do it.. if you think ROBBERY and KOS is the way to go, then do it.  You will learn what works.
DayZ is a kind of experiment on how people REALLY act when social rules are GONE.
That's how it's always been.. that is what it is FOR.

Maybe (I dont know but just "maybe") a new generation of kids are MORE into FPS where pulling the trigger is more important than talking (because there AINT any talking, the AIM of those games is to KILL)..
But since the start DayZ has always been full of killers and it wouldn't be half so interesting if that wasn't true.
Without having to keep out of the way of KOS, and playing at being smarter than KOSers  - I'd personally find this game boring.

xxp

if i wanted to play a shootem up game id pick one of the thousands of games that do it infinity times better than dayz.  the point the OP was making is that dayz has a lot more to offer yet people still just run around shooting everyone, ignoring all other aspects of the game.

• Like 1

and your warm heart is what drove most players away.  that, and things like a 4x4 can still barely make it up the slightest of inclines after 6 years of development.

Edited by fat nixxer
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, fat nixxer said:

if i wanted to play a shootem up game id pick one of the thousands of games that do it infinity times better than dayz.  the point the OP was making is that dayz has a lot more to offer yet people still just run around shooting everyone, ignoring all other aspects of the game.

Yes that's true - always has been.   You're talking about DayZ from Day 1

search ' KOSers '

this  argument has been going on since    ...   <duh>  ...  2012

e.g. :

I don't KOS (rarely) I have plenty of other stuff to do when I play (dayz has a mot more to offer )
.. but that's not to say I "wont" KOS  or that KOSers are evil.
The game would be boring if you only had AIs to fight - that's why you're playing DayZ, right ?  ..  AI NPCs are far too predictable.

Outwitting a good player killer is a worthwhile game
I enjoy it

sorry if this point of view offends anyone, - it's just one of the points of view that has been argued over for 6 years by nearly everyone on this blog, including the Devs
I'm glad to see that it is still a subject of STRONG current interest. Where would DayZ be without it ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Here are the reasons why:

1.  Duping would stop

1a.  With duping a non-factor, the handful of players that screw up the CLE wouldn't have the 15 M4s, 20 AKs, thousands of rounds, and 10 guille suits buried throughout the map or on some low pop server that they can simply jump on to real quick to recover 

their  loot.

1b. Without having an endless recoverable stash, people wouldn't be so quick to act the fool, running the risk of actually LOSING what they have scavenged.

2.  Bases couldn't be built on, say, the top of a gas station on one server, and the tower/steps to get up to it on another server.  This is directly related to having an endless recoverable stash.

3.  One couldn't hop from server to server while looking over a military structure and scooping up every last military grade weapon, AGAIN, screwing up the CLE, AND creating the endless recoverable stash.

When you run across groups of players, and EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM are dressed the same, ALL have SVDs and suppressed M4s, it is quite obvious that they are dupers.  Hell, you have idiots advertising it on the "Groups" tab on the dashboard.  I am a firm believer that once the duping glitch is resolved, either with rewritten code or server locking characters, there are going to be a LOT of people that are going to stop playing.

• Beans 1

I get what you're saying, but there will still always be kos players. There will always be backstabbers, friendly helpers, weirdos, loners hiding in the woods, etc etc. Variety is the spice of life. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

KOS breeds KOS. I used to be cicvilaized whilst playing but far.. far too many people have simply shot me dead (whether I be geared or a freshie) for me to have that trust anymore, so guess what?

I KOS, I do it because the game and its players have made me that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I get what you're saying, but there will still always be kos players. There will always be backstabbers, friendly helpers, weirdos, loners hiding in the woods, etc etc. Variety is the spice of life. 

Don't get me wrong, I have killed others as well.  I have robbed people.  I have shot, KO'd them, restrain them, heal them, and made friends that way.  With that said, I could probably deal with the backstabbers, weirdos, etc.  Like I said originally, I can understand that people get a little trigger happy when startled.  I've done it.  But if I don't mean to, I will usually take shit off them real quick and haul ass before they come to, or heal them, apologize, and go about my business (and pray they don't shoot me)

Because every shooter game is based on killing and they haven't figured out that this is a survival game. Good ppl are out there. I think about 1 in 5 ppl might be friendly. 

However if you come up on me while looting military gear I'm more inclined to KOS. I don't want to but I have to.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, Stagman70 said:

I don't mean to sound like a whiny little bitch, but this shit is getting old.  No shit, there I was, chilling in a cabin at a hunting camp.  It was night, so I proceeded slowly into the camp.  Checked out some cabins, and was going through my gear, getting ready to navigate my way through the zeds meandering around the aide station.  I wasn't "geared", but I had accumulated some nice stuff....a Mosin with a scope, about 40 rounds for it, an SKS with about 30 rounds, a Scorpion with a half mag and 2 full, and a handgun.  Had PLENTY of food and water to trek across the map and back, and I had my coveted cowboy hat (my headgear of choice).  Anyhooooo, there I am, minding my own business, eating an apple, and someone spawned INTO MY CABIN, and IMMEDIATELY opened fire, knocking me out.  Now I "might" be able to look past that, perhaps I startled him.....understandable.  But why not duct tape or handcuff me, revive me, and rob me (or better yet, say "My bad, homie.  Sorry) instead of KILLING ME.  Later, after respawning YET AGAIN,  I ran into the military camp north of Staroye.  As I was going through a tent, I heard footsteps run up.  I pulled my shotgun, told the guy I was cool, but I have my gun out and that I would shoot.  The guy said that he was cool, and that he was unarmed.  I explained that I was a two-time victim of douche-baggery today and that I wasn't gonna take any chances.  He informed me that the same thing happened to him, and that he was trying to get back to his guys.  I was plenty armed (although I did score another SKS), so I proceeded to help the stranger find some firepower.  I found him an FX-45, two loaded mags, and some loose .45 ACP.  I offered him my Scorpion and two mags, but he declined, and I was able to shift gear around to accommodate my new found SKS.  Anyway, the point to this story is, why do people only play HALF of the game, and completely bypass ANY interaction whatsoever?  I know it's a survival game, and I am aware of "survival of the fittest", but here lately it's been "survival of the weapons-grade ass hats".  I would like to think that if there ever WAS to be an actual  breakdown of society, that there are at least SOME people, like the guy I helped at the camp, still out there.

For me this is going to be a major problem until there is some way to switch between Party and In-game chat.

I want to be friendly most of the time but it can be sometimes too risky when I am chatting in party because we are so far from each other.

50 minutes ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

For me this is going to be a major problem until there is some way to switch between Party and In-game chat.

I want to be friendly most of the time but it can be sometimes too risky when I am chatting in party because we are so far from each other.

I used to KoS but not anymore, been trying to talk with everyone but since yesterday my game crashed twice while using ingame voice chat and caused me to die (game froze) so now on I'll shoot first until it's fixed. what s shame