Stagman70

KoSers are alive and well

Well, there I was.  Chilling in the security building there in Dichina.  It was night, I had just successfully navigated the barracks and the jail without too many issues with Zeds, and finding a sweet SKS in the process.  Perhaps it was mistake, but I had a road flare lit in another room while I was eating in the bathroom, waiting for morning.  I hear Zeds getting riled up, and someone comes into the building.  I alert him that I am in there, I'm cool, and that I don't have a gun out.  He pops around the corner....POP, POP, POP.  Seriously dude?!?! 

Now, the reason I bring this up is that it is apparent that in order to survive, I too will have to resort to shooting first and talking second, so don't take it personal if I kill you. 

1 hour ago, Stagman70 said:

Well, there I was.  Chilling in the security building there in Dichina.  It was night, I had just successfully navigated the barracks and the jail without too many issues with Zeds, and finding a sweet SKS in the process.  Perhaps it was mistake, but I had a road flare lit in another room while I was eating in the bathroom, waiting for morning.  I hear Zeds getting riled up, and someone comes into the building.  I alert him that I am in there, I'm cool, and that I don't have a gun out.  He pops around the corner....POP, POP, POP.  Seriously dude?!?! 

Now, the reason I bring this up is that it is apparent that in order to survive, I too will have to resort to shooting first and talking second, so don't take it personal if I kill you. 

I try not to KOS myself, but often camp mili areas looking for server hoppers.... So it goes both ways, mili areas i treat as KOS zones... I probably woulda been cool with you if you had said you were straight though... So im kind of torn, im not gonna give a guy a chance if he doesnt respond and runs towards me after making contact. Its a dog eat dog world out there, not everyone is like minded... 

I agree with Mike on mil based, they are hot zones and all is fair.  I too camp them often and hunt the server hoppers. Easy loot and only cost a bullet or 2 for delivery. If a person speaks up I will hold fire, but still play it safe. I have met and still play with a good bit of people I choose not to shoot, even some that tried to shoot me.  I have been on both ends of KOS as well as shot in the back after meeting and rolling with someone for a bit.  Play it smart and stay prepared.

12 hours ago, Mike Garey said:

I try not to KOS myself, but often camp mili areas looking for server hoppers.... So it goes both ways, mili areas i treat as KOS zones... I probably woulda been cool with you if you had said you were straight though... So im kind of torn, im not gonna give a guy a chance if he doesnt respond and runs towards me after making contact. Its a dog eat dog world out there, not everyone is like minded... 

I think that new database locking characters is the new solution for the server hopping. Check it out.

7 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

I think that new database locking characters is the new solution for the server hopping. Check it out.

Negitive ghost rider

On 4/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, Stagman70 said:

Hope you have a beverage ready, this is a bit long.

Those instances are very tense and situational, particularly when it comes to trying to establish communication.

I personally have come to accept the fact I’m going to be killed more than I kill. Not for being outmatched, but for taking the huge risk of trying to show friendliness.

There has been many instances where it’s payed off, more so than not in my experiences. However, there’re those who do not care, they thrive off killing the kind players. 

That’s DayZ..

The various experiences I’ve had solo, and with others have been some of the best in all my years of online gaming.

One recent event happened which left a lasting memory was when I was with two friends in Gorka. We had all just met up, and stated looting the various buildings. One friend ended up getting kos by someone.

I ran to the building and dropped the guy, then started clearing around the area. My other buddy asked if I was approaching the police station, I said no, and just like that shots erupted. As I pushed the station my buddy tells me he got him.

Upon entering the station I see the guy regain consciousness. My friend and I holding sgks lined up on him ready to see if he makes a stupid move. He gets into game chat and asks why I killed his buddy. I told him his guy killed him on sight.. His demeanor quickly changed and said he’s going to have to talk to his friend about that, they were apparently playing hero’s..

I had tied him up and was debating on taking his M4, been looking FOREVER for one.. I decided since he was cool to repair it for him, empty his mag, then give it back.

My original buddy arrived to the police station and the guy apologized for his friend.

After he was safe, I told him to follow me towards a field. I told him to keep running north, and that if he stopped or turned I’d fire. He thanked me and ran off.

These types of experiences are what makes DayZ so amazing. The fact they are so rare makes it even more satisfying when they happen. 

• Like 1

I had an experience in Dichina also where i was looting around (thought i was alone) and suddenly heard a voice by the prison building, the guy said stop i have a weapon pointed at you, just leave now and carry on about your business looting elsewhere and there won't be trouble.  I agreed and said ok but i'm friendly, I told him to put his weapon away and I would put mine away also so we could meet and talk, he agreed and came out and we traded goods and both went on our separate ways.  we ended up meeting up at the nwaf and teamed up to loot together safely (safer lol). 

• Like 1