Ryan JG

Unpopular Opinion

So, here is my Unpopular Opinion:

Now this game struggles with delivering bug free game-play and I ask if that is because BI doesn't have the money to employ more devs better servers and so on.

So what if you had the option paying $3.00 to pick  the character you want and have the ability to add things like tattoo's, hair colour and more. If that character dies then so is the three dollars. Just like the old arcade machines. You pay for a life. Maybe people become more invested in their character at the start and KoS would become lower and people more smarter about their game play.

Now I know that's not for everyone, so I wouldn't say it should be mandatory, but if that mean BI gets more money to fix the ridiculous amounts of problems it has then I'm all for it.

I really love this game and I want BI to succeed but I hate being punch in the face by bad bugs because BI isn't delivering.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

BI makes bank, bro. Wadda u mean brother?!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemia_Interactive

I'll pay for a private server tho.

If they are making bank, then why isn't it transferring to a better product? Where is the fund going?

I'm not saying they a poor I'm just saying the funds aren't being put into the game as much as the community would like.

I also would love to purchase a private server!

23 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

If they are making bank, then why isn't it transferring to a better product? Where is the fund going?

"Czech independent games developer Bohemia Interactive, has recently acquired a decommissioned T-72 Main Battle Tank. The tank has been stationed at the one of the studio's offices."

(jk, jk)

Edited by -Gews-
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

"The 45 ton T-72 costs $50,000 and comes directly from the Czech Republic, Wired reports, and other countries in the region that are trying to replace their T-72 fleet with NATO tanks. Meanwhile, the Russian army still uses some 5,000 T-72 right now, the publication says, and it appears to be one of the country’s best tanks. An additional $20,000 will get your tank shipped to the port nearest to you, and up to $30,000 might be needed to bring the tank back to working condition before it’s shipped, if you want to make it look brand new. Obviously, the steel beast doesn’t come with functional machine guns or a working cannon, but everything else should be in working order. Also worth remembering is that the T-72 has a 2,368-cubic-inch V12 engine that needs some two gallons of diesel for every mile you drive – but if you can afford the tank, you probably won’t care what it costs to drive it. And no, driving it on public roads isn’t allowed in the U.S. – though it can be driven in the U.K. if you so desire. “The things were purchased ridiculously cheap from the army, especially if one knew the right people,” Prague-based Mortar Investments’ Vojtech says. “Also, some of the material officially ‘scrapped’ was in fact resold.”" BGR

-  probably can  be a tax offset.

But maybe they will model it and put it in the game . . . . DayZ that is.

Imagine trying to find the wheels/radiator/doors/ etc for that . .  

• Haha 1

sorry, but making money should be the companies priority, not the consumers.

this defensive attitude is by no means "unpopular", and many shady game developers actually profit highly from the advocates, even pushing their own "victim" standpoint, while most of the money is disappearing in completely unrelated "sinks".

I know you mean it well, but unfortunately, money isn't everything. Game development is one of the hardest jobs in programming, it is taxing intellectually, operationally, emotionally. Sometimes money cannot solve these issues.

There is an old saying, when you are trying to make something, you can pick only two of the three things below and the third will be your sacrifice.

* Time
* Money
* Quality

Doesn't matter how hard this industry can be, clearly something isn't working.

I think as time goes we’ll able seeing much more in the way of updates/patches.

Hell, even now when comparing the Xbox port to the what, 6 years of pc development time, we’re not looking all that bad.

Also, more income doesn’t necessarily translate to quicker development. It could lead to more experienced devs, though not always.

23 hours ago, Ryan JG said:

So, here is my Unpopular Opinion:

Now this game struggles with delivering bug free game-play and I ask if that is because BI doesn't have the money to employ more devs better servers and so on.

So what if you had the option paying $3.00 to pick  the character you want and have the ability to add things like tattoo's, hair colour and more. If that character dies then so is the three dollars. Just like the old arcade machines. You pay for a life. Maybe people become more invested in their character at the start and KoS would become lower and people more smarter about their game play.

Now I know that's not for everyone, so I wouldn't say it should be mandatory, but if that mean BI gets more money to fix the ridiculous amounts of problems it has then I'm all for it.

I really love this game and I want BI to succeed but I hate being punch in the face by bad bugs because BI isn't delivering.

Yeah, dude....ain't gonna happen.  HOWEVER, people would be less apt to be butt-holes if they had to pay for every character.

no...buy character for 3 dollars and get barrel stuck in hands...(it was bug in 0.62...only cure was killing yourself to get rid of the damned barrel)
there is some server called 1 life server...if you die,you are banned from the server for that season.

Edited by kopo79
  • Confused 1