Has anyone had tents disappear or have I been a victim lol.

Im thinking I’ve been robbed but thought I’d ask anyways.

Haven't found a tent yet so couldn't say for sure but if guess it was stolen as persistence seems to be working pretty well. 

I have stolen 4 tents now and the ones I have found are persistent.

I don't even bother with tents. As our friend above says, people just steal them anyway so what's the point. I don't really see why anyone would need four tents tbh. What do you keep in them? I tend to have stashes buried as they are hard to find, or barrels hidden where they can't be found. I only use barrels or sea chests if I'm collecting car wheels and parts. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't really see why anyone would need four tents tbh. What do you keep in them?

I have them located around them map with full food, water, shovels and clothes. So, if I die, I can just head to the tent and get geared up again with no hassle.

I stash weapons underground though.

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't even bother with tents. As our friend above says, people just steal them anyway so what's the point. I don't really see why anyone would need four tents tbh. What do you keep in them? I tend to have stashes buried as they are hard to find, or barrels hidden where they can't be found. I only use barrels or sea chests if I'm collecting car wheels and parts. 

If you put them in strategic spots, they won't get found.  Before the update/wipe, we had a couple of tents, a couple barrels, and some camo nets strung up, and we had them for weeks.  As soon as I find another tent, I'm heading back to "the spot" and setting up shop again.

• Beans 1

It isn't always about the practical as well for me. It's pure aesthetics.

I like the idea of building a base in a factory or house and locking it down as if it was the apocalypse. It's just sad about server hoppers not making them water tight.

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

People dont steal tents if you out them in a good spot, had 2 large tents stay untouched for a week, i put them where no one else would be looking though

There is no such thing as a place where no one looks. It all comes down to pure chance. Barrels and buried stashes, on the other hand, can be hidden very easily in high traffic areas. Barrels are also so plentiful you can collect lots of them and have far more storage space than a couple of tents. 

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

There is no such thing as a place where no one looks. It all comes down to pure chance. Barrels and buried stashes, on the other hand, can be hidden very easily in high traffic areas. Barrels are also so plentiful you can collect lots of them and have far more storage space than a couple of tents. 

Sure, there always is that chance that someone might stumble across it.  With that said, we set up the camp, we marked it on our map, and we still had a hard time finding it for about the first week.  And, FWIW, it wasn't in a high traffic area, and believe me when I say it took a while to find such a spot.

On 4/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lmao, no, trust me without disclosing my base location, theres no reason for anyone to come across mine, and even if someone does, it would have to be the one time someone does pass by it on the right server

On 4/19/2019 at 2:21 AM, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Lmao, no, trust me without disclosing my base location, theres no reason for anyone to come across mine, and even if someone does, it would have to be the one time someone does pass by it on the right server

that's what I was so sure myself too  🙂   the tent did not last long.

Tents are usless and hard to place. I just build 4 walls with metal siding, a gate and a bike lock then find berrels to put in my little cubicle. Also i get at least 2 dry backpacks everytime i spawn at the coast and take them to my base. Bury them AWAY from your main shelter in tall grass or a bush. Ppl will snatch up your tents but then fall victim to the very same crime they committed. It's a vicious cycle.

• Beans 1

On 4/18/2019 at 6:21 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

lol I have built the same base after every wipe and no one has ever found it. I store our car or barrels generators, enough room for 10 people. Not once has it been found we even have a gate so the little girls don’t need to server hop to get inside.