Sign in to follow this  
Apocalyptica

Random Crashes

Hi!

So, I've been searching through google and other websites like reddit, and this forum. I've found many fixes to my issue but none has actually fixed things. I'll start by explaining my issue step by step, and then what I've already done in attempt to fix it.

My issues started a few days ago, with random crashes while playing DayZ. I hadn't played DayZ in ages though and cannot recall if I had this issue prior to me stopping playing or if I didn't have this issue ever before. I've had three different crashes. One of the three 'crashes' was just DayZ randomly closing with no trace or sign it had ever ran. Another issue was where it said it had ran out of memory. And the last one said STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION with numbers like 0000005 and such. There is no specific action that causes this. It happens at random times, at random moments. Usually when I'm running at a fast pace in the game.

My hardware is a 4th generation i5 processor, an asus H81M-A motherboard, 12gb RAM memory, my system is on an SSD, DayZ itself is running on a HDD. And my videocard is an Nvidea GTX 950 videocard. I'm able to run DayZ smooth, with everything on medium to high settings, without lag or stuttering until it suddenly crashes. I'm playing on a modded server with this mod collection on it: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1711402847

The way I've tried to solve this issue is as follows: 

I've verifyed the ingegrity of game files, multiple times.

First I tried deleting the DayZ folder in documents as was told by many sources over the internet. 

I tried running DayZ, and all of it's other components and launcher, as well as steam, in admin mode.

I've tried changing the maximum use of my RAM via the advanced system settings method.

I've manually enabled pagefiling. 

And I've actually updated my BIOS, too. (the rest of my drivers were already up to date)

Nothing so far has really fixed it. I was hoping I could receive more answers here. 

Edited by Apocalyptica

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/490121928347895068/

this is from Arma 3, but the issue might be resolvable in the same way.

The most interesting one is the forcing the system to regenerate the dayZ folder in users/youruser/Appdata/local.

The other suggested fix was to unhide the steam apps/common/workshop

Some of the replies were commenting about mods maybe causing the issue and swapping between 64 and 32 bit

If that doesnt fix it, the other questions are - how big is your ssd/harddisk? What is your power supply rating? what is your chip  i5 - 4___

and when did you buy it? Is it clean of dust inside?

are you running win 7 32 or 64? or win 10.

For the ram, use cpu z to check if system can see all the ram sticks I presume all the sticks are the same spec?

If it is a corrupted driver installation you could use a program called ccleaner (which is free). run the analysis and run cleaner, and run registry scan, and fix the suggested issues

After that you could look at your hardware - harddisk you could use hddscan, and  power supply using hw monitor looking at the voltages from the power supply.

you can check how your system is running using 3dmark06 & passmark cpu and gpu testing software

• Like 1

Thanks for your response!

It are not the mods, for sure. Considering how other people on the server run the game flawlessly without issues. I'll try the other fixes, everything is worth a shot.

SSD is 250gb, with 30gb held free by the ssd program of Samsung, harddisk is 1TB with around 300GB free still with everything installed on it right now. Power Supply is 600W, i5-4460, 3.20GHz.

The case is recently cleaned from any dust.

I'm running windows 10, 64 (x86).

I've done the check with cpu z, all ram sticks are detected. They are both DDR3, one is 8GB and one is 4GB. Not the same brand, however. 

I've ran ccleaner already, no issues found.

The rest of the hardware is perfectly fine, considering how I run other games fine and usually on surprisingly high graphics as well. Games that're way poorly optimized compared to DayZ, like Conan Exiles, ARK, Atlas, etc. 

presumeably the ram sticks are the same speed and cls timings? 

It does sound like its more a Dayz files issue than anything else . . goodluck

• Like 1

The 4GB one is 667MHz and the 8GB one is 889 MHz. 

But yes.. I think it's a DayZ file issue too. Any game runs fine, and when DayZ runs it runs perfect. Until it crashes.

Hi

I dont recognise/cannot find any ddr3 889, but anyway your pc will probably only set to the lower speed 667 and 667 is the motherboard default value (1333). Does it really show 889 in CPU Z? What did the original packaging say for the RAM?

What is your RAM set to in the bios?  Have you overclocked the memory, set an xmp profile? It sounds like your bios is set to the default

What does your resource monitor say is available?

When I am running windows with  a browser open my ram use is 4.5 GB (resource monitor) with 3.5 GB on standby

When I start up DayZ it hits 8 GB, in the processes it is committing 4.3 GB to DayZ, standby is still 3.5 GB

With just Dayz and other normal pc functions its using 6.4GB

You can use MSI AfterBurner + RivaTuner to Monitor FPS , RAM , CPU, and GPU Usage in game. It might be worth checking that during Dayz

Yes, my bios is set to default. Am I supposed to change that?

And I threw the original packaging away. So I wouldn't know, but it really shows as 889 in CPU Z.

Resource monitor says 12GB is available. 

When I'm doing nothing, my computer is using 50% of my ram. But when I play DayZ, it rises to using 70-80% ram.

it would have depended on the RAM you purchased, but no you dont have to. Some RAM is sold overclocked and you set up the xmp profile to reflect that. Your i5 chip is great but you are effectively running the lowest speed ram possible .. .

Can you do me a favour and do a screen print of your cpu z "spd" tab for both your occupied slots? also for the "memory" tab? And pictures of your ram, both? use Imgur to post it here . ..

If you are running 6GB doing nothing, and 10GB running DayZ, it can be that you run out of memory in an "active dynamic situation" . . 

Did you try the MSI afterburner + Riva tuner during a game?

Edited by aux7

https://imgur.com/a/RIcxxWT

This is the link to all the images, both afterburner and spd. I don't understand a thing from either, though. But it's both during playing DayZ.

It is weird, however. I've monitored playing DayZ, it's using 70% / 80% of the RAM while playing. Which is 4.5GB for DayZ, and it stays under 5. And it's likely using 3.5GB - 4GB for background processing, while I do have 12GB RAM available. And even as it crashes with the following error: Out of Memory (requested: 1345381 KB) footprint: 3363700780 KB - it still remains under 5GB.. so it cannot be the RAM, it has to be something else. But I don't know what.

Just crashed again with a similar out of memory thing. Followed with this: 0x0000001 - UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI

Also been mailing with Bohemia Interactive, they requested some files which I sent them. Also opened a thing at the feedback tracker: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T138739

Edited by Apocalyptica

if it says 80% (monitored during the game?) thats 10GB

for the picture of the afterburner you need to scroll the bottom part of the graphic to memory usage. the picture you are showing is only gpu temp. This is a gpu overclocking tool, but we only want to use it to monitor the memory . . .

run dayz until it crashes and then screenshot the afterburner

now also need the memory tab in cpuz

Edited by aux7

https://imgur.com/a/8wlK6YL

This is what I got. This is not while playing, however. I crashed 5 times in a row trying to play as I figured I'd have fixed it but no result.

I'm currently re-installing the game on an SSD instead of the previous HDD. I'm trying to see if it will help me. 

Edited by Apocalyptica

try playing again and monitor it . . .the screen dump tells us that you are using 2GB of RAM but we need to know the history over DayZ play ok?

Your nb frequency (3399) is completely impossible

as an example my dram is 1607 MHz, and my nb is 803 MHz

I've been looking up what nb frequency is, and according to this thread it is nothing to worry about, even if it is high: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/883983-what-is-nb-frequency/

Not doubting your expertise, and I'm glad you're willing to help. But was just wondering what nb frequency was.

But yes, I will see if I can monitor more as I play DayZ, and also how DayZ plays on an SSD.

from your cpuz the system is running at the lowest setting 667 (1333)

relax, nb frequency isnt something to worry about, the system sets it. its just higher than I am used to with such low speed ram.

criticism and questions are always good, I do get things wrong now and then.

it might be worth pulling the 4GB stick out and just running with the 8 GB stick and see if you have the same issue. Leave the bios on auto for the RAM

and put the 8GB in slot 1

As per my pc it is only using 6,5GB playing dayz, just maybe not high action  .. things are quiet in the woods . . .

Ive got to log off now, but will be back later

Edited by aux7