Guy Smiley

Adjust Thirst and Hunger Values of Foods

Hi.  Which pbo do I need to edit to adjust the hunger and thirst values of foods?  And is it possible to add a negative value to the thirst for powdered milk and cereal? 

gear_food.pbo. In the config.cpp file, every item concerning food is in there. You want to edit the nutrition part.

Take baked beans for example:

class Nutrition
        {
            fullnessIndex = 1.5;
            energy = 123;
            water = 70;
            nutritionalIndex = 1;
            toxicity = 0;
        };

These are the numbers you want to edit. For powdered milk, putting a minus in front of the water value might decrease your hydration level (i.e. water = -70;). However, I'm not sure about that, so you're going to have to test that yourself.

I also don't know how editing a PBO works with client vs serverside. I think you probably would have to release a mod for your server which people need to download in order to get the new values. Not really into the modding scene so no idea how that works, perhaps you do already.

Edited by IMT

15 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Hi.  Which pbo do I need to edit to adjust the hunger and thirst values of foods?  And is it possible to add a negative value to the thirst for powdered milk and cereal? 

I have this mod published in Steam Workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1700581293

This Mod completely eliminates hydration by eating cereals and milk powder and reduces the amount of hydration of certain canned foods.

It also changes the hydration received by the food if they are raw, boiled, baked or burnt.

Raw, rotten, burned meat will make you vomit.
Some raw mushrooms will make you vomit.

=======================================

03/04/2019 Updated to 1.02

The negative value has no effect, not for the moment.

So I was wondering if anyone knows if we can just adjust this as the other answers here are not 100%.

I would really like to adjust the hydration and food as you eat and drink far too much.