Sign in to follow this  
chili1496

9v battery question

Got a 9v battery currently showing as in pristine condition, if i put this battery into my pso-1 scope the reticle does not light up orange/red it remains black, is this a glitch or is the battery dead, if its dead why is it pristine?

does it actually matter if this scope has a battery or not?

thanks

Edited by chili1496

I did not encounter such a problem, and I never received a worn out battery.

48 minutes ago, chili1496 said:

Got a 9v battery currently showing as in pristine condition, if i put this battery into my pso-1 scope the reticle does not light up orange/red it remains black, is this a glitch or is the battery dead, if its dead why is it pristine?

does it actually matter if this scope has a battery or not?

thanks

You used to be able to lick the battery as an action item when you hold it in your hand to verify the charge. Not sure if you can still do that. 

Edited by eno

31 minutes ago, eno said:

You used to be able to lick the battery as an action item when you hold it in your hand to verify the charge. Not sure if you can still do that. 

We don't have vaulting, throwing, fractures or proper survival mechanics.  DO you really think the devs are capable adding licking batteries to the game?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

We don't have vaulting, throwing, fractures or proper survival mechanics.  DO you really think the devs are capable adding licking batteries to the game?

I’ll retool my response. I don’t know... frankly. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

I've been using lots of batteries in radios, light sources and scopes, and they run out pretty quickly in light sources and radios, but so far I haven't run out of power using them for scopes.

Yes, the PSO uses a battery to get the reticle red. It means the battery you are using is dead/flat. Could it be you used an old battery that was in another item that drained it? Or you've been using your scope a lot and this for a while now?

This happened to me recently, I had to source new 9V batteries because my scopes an flashlights weren’t working.

They had all died, but their condition was still labeled green and said pristine.

Would be helpful if devs had the battery life marked like water resources in % charged and their circle condition color degrade as battery life wanes.