Bhodi11

Character rolls back and inventory disappearing

Please fix this issue. Since whatever you did with the server restarts last week my character rolls back anywhere from 5-30 minutes anytime the server resets or you log out. If I change servers to play with different friends some of your gear just randomly disappears from inventory. Basically just about anything in your hands is as good as gone now if you change servers. Not server hopping mind you but simply joining another party to play with friends that may be on a different server. Not just happening to me. I have about 20 very active friends on DayZ and almost all are experiencing the issue. We are a RP group and do not dupe, server hop, or ghost. I am about to say screw it as the game is almost unplayable when you are constantly losing large chunks of your progress. This was never ever an issue in preview and not an issue in full release until last week. Now its all over the place. Please fix this!

From what I’ve heard this usually happens when attempting to duplicate. Or at least when going through some of whatever the steps may be.

If that’s the case, they should up the roll back to 3 hours, maybe even send the character back to the coast.

Guess we’ll have to wait for an official word from the devs.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

From what I’ve heard this usually happens when attempting to duplicate. Or at least when going through some of whatever the steps may be.

If that’s the case, they should up the roll back to 3 hours, maybe even send the character back to the coast.

Yeah it happened to me and it seems because of accidentally duping a canteen. I don’t know how to dupe and have never tried it but two days ago I was playing around in my inventory trying to organize it which means I had to take things completely out of my inventory and my hands and then place them back into inventory in whichever order I chose. Well right in the middle of that I get kicked from the server, luckily none of my guns were out of my inventory but when I logged back in I had logged to a completely different server and realized the stuff I had taken out was gone so I logged back out and back into the original server I was playing on and suddenly I had 2 canteens instead of one and one more of each of the sodas I was carrying. Which I had mixed feelings about because I’m definitely anti-dupe but I also liked the idea of having extra water to drink. 

Fast forward a few hours later, the server restarts and when I get back on everything that had been copied was gone plus some things that weren’t. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Yeah it happened to me and it seems because of accidentally duping a canteen. I don’t know how to dupe and have never tried it but two days ago I was playing around in my inventory trying to organize it which means I had to take things completely out of my inventory and my hands and then place them back into inventory in whichever order I chose. Well right in the middle of that I get kicked from the server, luckily none of my guns were out of my inventory but when I logged back in I had logged to a completely different server and realized the stuff I had taken out was gone so I logged back out and back into the original server I was playing on and suddenly I had 2 canteens instead of one and one more of each of the sodas I was carrying. Which I had mixed feelings about because I’m definitely anti-dupe but I also liked the idea of having extra water to drink. 

Fast forward a few hours later, the server restarts and when I get back on everything that had been copied was gone plus some things that weren’t. 

Interesting, is good to know they’ve implemented some preventative measures already. 

44 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Interesting, is good to know they’ve implemented some preventative measures already. 

Yeah definitely. It’s a start and at least there’s something which is better than what it was 

I just love how everyone just assumes your issue is bacause you are duping. No way it’s the developers and their bug ridden game. Definitely not duping and know lots of others that don’t dupe as well with the issue. I know some that dupe the hell out of everything and have zero problems. 

So to say it is preventative measures is laughable. The game was rushed out of preview before it was fully tested. From the history of the game on PC it was a buggy disaster there as well. Plain and simple they fix one thing and break 3 others it is a consistent pattern. Not everything has to do with duping, get over it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

15 minutes ago, Bhodi11 said:

I just love how everyone just assumes your issue is bacause you are duping. No way it’s the developers and their bug ridden game. Definitely not duping and know lots of others that don’t dupe as well with the issue. I know some that dupe the hell out of everything and have zero problems. 

So to say it is preventative measures is laughable. The game was rushed out of preview before it was fully tested. From the history of the game on PC it was a buggy disaster there as well. Plain and simple they fix one thing and break 3 others it is a consistent pattern. Not everything has to do with duping, get over it.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, well played 👍

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Bhodi11 said:

Not everything has to do with duping

With the exception of not finding any M4s, AKs, SVDs, or tents.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Bhodi11 said:

I just love how everyone can be a condescending twat on the internet 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Nayte said:

To be honest im about 100% sure it is. My friend duped a AK after i told him how to dupe an untill he died everytime he spawned on a new server he would get a roll back with his loadout after words. If he picked anything up an log out with it in his hands he would loose it. But because that happened he did take advantage of it an did it with M4s. He would drop it an log out. He would come back an have a new M4 on him. Kinda mad he did it because i wanted to get everything legitimately. But his guy is fixed to fix this issue just die. The roll back will be fixed or so he said.

Edited by xKJCxDaRkMaN

10 hours ago, Bhodi11 said:

So what you're saying is you dupe........

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Now that wasn’t very nice..

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Just stating the facts you twit

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bhodi11 said:

Just stating the facts you twit

Ay you are were completely right man. Cheese boy is just salty because he can't blame all his problems on dupers...

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2019 at 4:33 AM, Tino81 said:

So what you're saying is you dupe........

And you don't? Get with the times ked.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:52 PM, McPhorce said:

And you don't? Get with the times ked.

No I don't dupe and I never will. I'm not interested in cheating, ked.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Never see the point in Duping - I play DAYZ for the experience of finding and surviving. Duping defeats the object of the game and is probably mainly done by those that just don't get DAYZ and what it's about....

Clearly all the problems aren't caused by dupers but it most definitely doesn't help.....

• Like 2

Well it happened again. Died and respawned at Rify. Looted all the way down to Kamy. Logged out to eat dinner. Got back on and I was in a shed I had looted in lumber mill. That was easily an hour ago prior to logging out. No duping at all heck all I had was some food, misc. crap and a shotgun with 8 rounds. This game really sucks at times. 

On 4/11/2019 at 7:43 PM, Nayte said:

You really trust bohemia to create a system with a 3 hour roll back without it affecting any other players by mistake?

On 4/15/2019 at 2:38 AM, Tino81 said:

I'm kidding. I don't dupe either... Been looking for an M4 or AK for a week... Can't even seem to find any guns at Tissy. 😥

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, McPhorce said:

I'm kidding. I don't dupe either... Been looking for an M4 or AK for a week... Can't even seem to find any guns at Tissy. 😥

Finally found a badly damaged one yesterday.... then I made the mistake of testing it with a suppressor at night and was mobbed by 4 punching zombies that I didn't think were close enough to get upset about it. Hope someone was at least able to stumble on my corpse to find it. 😂

20 minutes ago, Skofield_Kid said:

Finally found a badly damaged one yesterday.... then I made the mistake of testing it with a suppressor at night and was mobbed by 4 punching zombies that I didn't think were close enough to get upset about it. Hope someone was at least able to stumble on my corpse to find it. 😂

Ouchhh. Yea the suppressors ain't what they used to be. Seem to be almost useless against zombies now. Apparently they're addressing the lack of M4 and Ak issue with the next update in a few weeks. I'll be hangin' in Tissy until then. Not leaving here without a rifle, even if that means prying one outta some ones cold dead drybag.

Edited by McPhorce
Incorrect autocorrect... Autoincorrect

On 4/15/2019 at 1:19 PM, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

Never see the point in Duping - I play DAYZ for the experience of finding and surviving. Duping defeats the object of the game and is probably mainly done by those that just don't get DAYZ and what it's about....

Clearly all the problems aren't caused by dupers but it most definitely doesn't help.....

Dumbest comment of the year award? Dayz is about whatever you deem it to be.

1 hour ago, lanejf said:

Pfft, smh

17 hours ago, lanejf said:

I could easily go on about how the DAYZ community is generally different from your CoD playing types (I won't though). Play style is each players choice and I choose different ways depending on situations. What I don't do is use any glitches because I either don't know how to get what I want or am more suited to a PC Modded version of the game..... To answer your question, no I don't think your comment should be awarded the dumbest of the year - hope this helps.....