What to expect for the next update? 

I'm a big fan of DayZmod, I bought Standalone in 2013 ... I did not like it much, I went back to playing DayZ this week and I think it's cool because of the mods.

Will there be new maps? they will change the mechanics and the amount of zombies?

THX Survivors!

Hi ^^

Some features can be found with this link (click me) but this is very outdated. Beard, road, animation, gun jam, user action are for example ingame and not anymore in the offices of the devs.

• Zombies Hordes are planned
  • Zombies were planned in the past to open doors (or at least smah there head at the door)
  • I only saw Dean Hall talk about this so it's probably scrapped but he talked about zombies eating dead survivors
  • As you know zombies still have issues (do a circle around you or go inside you for example) so one day we should see a new update with some fixes about that... And yes this is a big deal if you want to be really in the game 😉
  • Only Chernarus is planned BUT modders are working on some new maps such as Namalsk (trailer here) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Live Zone (trailer here).

A lot of mechanics are planned for other stuff like guns/vehicles/... but we don't know what and when they are going to drop into our hands so even if I tease you with a nice helicopter or a grenade launcher. You should keep in mind we have no informations about when they are even going to talk about it... And we can also have some unannounced features so don't panic... Like zombies not standing in front of a car and doing nothing maybe 😛

Edited by Lt.Master
Not Bears but Beards
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

Hi ^^

Some features can be found with this link (click me) but this is very outdated. Bear, roads, animation, gun jam, user actions are for example ingame and not anymore in the offices of the devs.

• Zombies Hordes are planned
  • Zombies were planned in the past to open doors
  • I only saw Dean Hall talk about this so it's probably scrapped but he talked about zombies eating dead survivors
  • As you know zombies still have issues (do a circle around you or go inside you for example) so one day we should see a new update with some fixes about that... And yes this is a big deal if you want to be really in the game 😉
  • Only Chernarus is planned BUT modders are working on some new maps such as Namalsk (trailer here) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Live Zone (trailer here).

A lot of mechanics are planned for other stuff like guns/vehicles/... but we don't know what and when they are going to drop into our hands so even if I tease you with a nice helicopter or a grenade launcher. You should keep in mind we have no informations about when they are even going to talk about it... And we can also have some unannounced features so don't panic 😛

Thanks for the kindness, for now I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing ... I hope they do cool things to trap us for hours inside the game ... Some things that Dean Hall said (I do not trust him very much), since he ditched DayZ after selling millions! ...

He said the characters would grow old with survival time. That would be cool, but since it was Dean who quoted , I'd rather not believe too much.

I think zombies opening doors is really important. It's currently way too easy to run into a house run out and close the door to trap them. They should be delayed temporarily and then break open the door so you're forced to either escape and hide or kill them. Then if you have a lock-pick it should take them even longer to break the door open. And if you barricade the door with boards it should take really long or be impossible. But this would make fighting infected far more interesting and threatening.

Edited by Survivor1431
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, ramontvgames said:

Thanks for the kindness, for now I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing ... I hope they do cool things to trap us for hours inside the game ... Some things that Dean Hall said (I do not trust him very much), since he ditched DayZ after selling millions! ...

He said the characters would grow old with survival time. That would be cool, but since it was Dean who quoted , I'd rather not believe too much.

What he meant by that was the look of your character will change over time. The Beard and the hair will grow for example. In the past we saw a character with a beard and scars all over it's face so it's probably going live one day too 😉

13 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

I think zombies opening doors is really important. It's currently way too easy to run into a house run out and close the door to trap them. They should be delayed temporarily and then break open the door so you're forced to either escape and hide or kill them. Then if you have a lock-pick it should take them even longer to break the door open. And if you barricade the door with boards it should take really long or be impossible. But this would make fighting infected far more interesting and threatening.

Don't worry, they planned something for us but we need to wait ^^

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ramontvgames said:

What to expect for the next update? 

I'm a big fan of DayZmod, I bought Standalone in 2013 ... I did not like it much, I went back to playing DayZ this week and I think it's cool because of the mods.

Will there be new maps? they will change the mechanics and the amount of zombies?

THX Survivors!

There are new maps in development. You can even play some of them on servers. The zombie numbers can be increased by server owners on private servers (as I have done) and as far as mechanics, well, that's rather broad, but there are mods that change the way the game is played (less rags, less meat, etc).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

What he meant by that was the look of your character will change over time. The Beard and the hair will grow for example. In the past we saw a character with a beard and scars all over it's face so it's probably going live one day too 😉

Don't worry, they planned something for us but we need to wait ^^

How do you know what they planned?

39 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

How do you know what they planned?

They showed it in one of their videos - character aging and scarring

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 7:02 PM, Lt.Master said:

Bear, roads, animation, gun jam, user actions are for example ingame and not anymore in the offices of the devs.

Bears are ingame? Or do you mean they're in the game files and still WIP?

On 4/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Bears are ingame? Or do you mean they're in the game files and still WIP?

Heu.... Nope I meant beards 😂😅 My fault !

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, Survivor1431 said:

Open doors? Unless you watch super zombie movies, this is not a thing.....

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, digitalv0id said:

Open doors? Unless you watch super zombie movies, this is not a thing....

Actually in most of the "non-super" zombie movies they tend to break the doors open if not barricaded or at least try.

Running away from zeds is too easy, them being able to "break" (open) the doors by smashing the door for a while would great!

6 hours ago, benedictus said:

Actually in most of the "non-super" zombie movies they tend to break the doors open if not barricaded or at least try.

Running away from zeds is too easy, them being able to "break" (open) the doors by smashing the door for a while would great!

I'm pretty sure with the engine that DayZ is on, destructible environments isn't possible.

8 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm pretty sure with the engine that DayZ is on, destructible environments isn't possible.

That's why put it in brackets. "(open)".

On 4/12/2019 at 10:41 PM, green_mtn_grandbob said:

I can see now, that dayz standalone will never be what they said it would be.

Its been a downward spiral ever since 0.62. 

Before that it was (some what) a game. 

(Yes i know it all had to be recreated/replaced within the New engine) 

I still  (and obviously a lot still) would want to see the vision of dayz become reality.

But as a gamer with a lot of years under his belt, Its easy to see the future of this game, unless.........

A miracle happens

We need:

Vaulting
More zombies
Faster Zombies
Zombie Hordes
Zombies in farms and out in woods ect

Smoke grenades
Grenades
Other forms of transport (bikes)

Edited by Box of Demons