Flyingpapaya

Playing dead?

Been kind of binge watching arma 3 stuff, shits great. 

Apparently you can play dead. That would be a great feature!

To some extent you can in DayZ, i have fooled a few. 

Take off your backpack and lay it on the ground, take a weapon in hand. Pick the lay down emo. 

From a distance you look dead and once they see the backpack they usually ignore the "dead body" and hit select to see whats in the backpack, while they do you can stand up and kill them. The animation takes a few seconds from laying to standing. 

To attract people faster light a road flare and put it a few meters from where you lay down. 

Edited by bent.toe

It isn't a bad deception. Approached someone doing this a week or so ago. He didn't move until I started rummaging through his backpack, then we were able to converse 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skofield_Kid said:

It isn't a bad deception. Approached someone doing this a week or so ago. He didn't move until I started rummaging through his backpack, then we were able to converse 😄

Hehe, rummaging through the guys stuff while he’s taking a cat nap...you monster!

5 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Hehe, rummaging through the guys stuff while he’s taking a cat nap...you monster!

I should clarify, I thought he was dead till he stood up, which is when I realized this is a thing!

2 minutes ago, Skofield_Kid said:

I should clarify, I thought he was dead till he stood up, which is when I realized this is a thing!

It’s tough to read tone within text, though I was being facetious. Seems like a funny experience from both ends.

Yup, he could've killed me easily if he wasn't in my view while I was trespassing on his chattel . 

5 hours ago, Skofield_Kid said:

A huge arma fan so i tried this a month into game preview and to my surprise it worked. 

Tried it both as a fresh spawn (1-2 hours in) and as fully geared (10-15 hours in) ... The latter needs a good amount of nerves since you could lose everything in a blink of an eye. 

This one is a classic

Edited by bent.toe