HiroCheeseMuh1

Wolves?

I can’t believe I’m asking about this, but where are all the wolves? Has anyone encountered any at all since the update? Of course now that I said that I’m sure ill log on and now be eaten by a pack of them, but where the heck are they? 

Also I was a little unclear from the patch notes in regards to the wolves so maybe this is why I haven’t seen any but did the PN’s say the wolves would now attack only other animals or ignore other animals altogether? I know that it said the zombies would now be able to attack and kill the wolves but I’m just unclear in regards to their interactions with people. 

Any one?

• Thanks 1

wolves mmm

love em

they are there .. .

on pc they appear, in the area designated as wolf, on a random spawning basis. They dont always appear.

They arent fussy, they will attack zombies and zombies are attracted to the howling.

In the zombie wolf fight, the wolf will always win. I watched one wolf destroy eight zombies, before I got bored and shot it (the wolf, I also killed off five of the zombies because they werent completely dead).

I havent seen wolves attacking other animals yet, but it probably happens

in the human wolf fight, if you dont have a gun and there is more than one, you are done

They either spawn next to you, or you hear the howl. If you hear the howl, you can hope its someone else, but typically its you (in my experience). Its best to get to a building or other type of shelter fast if you dont have a gun. If they spawn next to you, good luck . .

58 minutes ago, aux7 said:

wolves mmm

love em

they are there .. .

on pc they appear, in the area designated as wolf, on a random spawning basis. They dont always appear.

They arent fussy, they will attack zombies and zombies are attracted to the howling.

In the zombie wolf fight, the wolf will always win. I watched one wolf destroy eight zombies, before I got bored and shot it (the wolf, I also killed off five of the zombies because they werent completely dead).

I havent seen wolves attacking other animals yet, but it probably happens

in the human wolf fight, if you dont have a gun and there is more than one, you are done

They either spawn next to you, or you hear the howl. If you hear the howl, you can hope its someone else, but typically its you (in my experience). Its best to get to a building or other type of shelter fast if you dont have a gun. If they spawn next to you, good luck . .

Well yeah on Pc I’ve seen them but I play on Xbox and prior to the update I saw and heard them all the time. After the update, not so much. 

So far I have hiked all along the west side of the map from south to north, and from west to east from there. I was nervous as the start as I didn't even have a gun when I began my hike. Surprised that I also have not seen or heard any so far. 

Northwest of Zelengorks and around Myshkino I have been seeing them regularly 3 or 4 times in past 4 or 5 days. Lot of spawns too in those areas.

I have quite regular encounters with wolves on the West. Got trapped in a hunting cabin near the dam by eight wolves who had a party with the zombies. Had another encounter with three wolves and took refuge on a hunting stand and shot them. I also hear them occasionally in the distance but never see them. I assume such occasions they are chasing another player. I also watched a funny scene a week or two back. A herd of cows were being chased around a village by a gang of zombies who were in turn being harassed by a pack of wolves. It was absolute chaos. 

• Haha 1

With release 1.02 I have met wolves several times, but I have never heard them howl.

Hmmmm. It seems for some they have made an appearance and for others not so much. 🤔 I personally have been all over the map and have yet to see them so who knows what’s going on. I’m not saying I miss being mauled by them or anything but just wondering where they went 🤔

Tisy or Troitskoe mil bases and from the mil shacks east of Zaprudhnoe to Ratnoe  is where I regularly encounter them . ..

4 minutes ago, Skofield_Kid said:

They are probably just waiting for me to pass through the woods without a weapon. 

Lol ohhhhh so I’m not the only one that they apparently have a grudge against 👍🏼

1 minute ago, aux7 said:

Tisy or Troitskoe mil bases and from the mil shacks east of Zaprudhnoe to Ratnoe  is where I regularly encounter them . ..

Been to all of those places within the last few days haven’t heard or seen one. Pre update I’d get attacked just thinking about going to Tisy. Post update I could probably walk around with steaks tied to my ass while whistling and saying come here boy and still get nothing. 

• Haha 2

mmm, random throw of the dice by the game  . . . . youre just lucky.

At Tisy one time they seemed to know I was there, I came out of a container by the barracks and there was one looking at me, I shot it and went back into the container. shut the door and waited.

Troitskoe, they catch me coming up to the fence, both from the north or the south not every time but often enough

Edited by aux7

27 minutes ago, aux7 said:

mmm, random throw of the dice by the game  . . . . youre just lucky.

At Tisy one time they seemed to know I was there, I came out of a container by the barracks and there was one looking at me, I shot it and went back into the container. shut the door and waited.

Troitskoe, they catch me coming up to the fence, both from the north or the south not every time but often enough

Troitskoe, pre-update was the other area I’d always get attacked. I’d be looting the scarcely equipped single solitary civilian barracks that sits in front of like 5 tents and because it has that one doorway with no door they’d pile in through there and I’d swear they would search every room looking for me. 

i Heard howling North East of the Devils castle and i have seen wolfs fighting zombies West of the Severograd there is Mil tents next to the road, i see them there pretty often.

Edited by MaximusDickus

Don’t worry, you’ll encounter them when you’d rather not..

19 hours ago, Nayte said:

Don’t worry, you’ll encounter them when you’d rather not..

Too late. Guess I should’ve kept my big mouth shut because sure enough last night I not only heard the howl I was also nearly eaten alive by about 10 of them near Tissy mil. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wolves tend to be near Zelengorsk as well from past experience. Once witnessed four wolves and nine zombies going at it in a mass brawl around the train tracks near the army barracks. The moving target practise was most useful😂

18 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Too late. Guess I should’ve kept my big mouth shut because sure enough last night I not only heard the howl I was also nearly eaten alive by about 10 of them near Tissy mil. 🤪

On 4/10/2019 at 11:56 PM, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

Been to all of those places within the last few days haven’t heard or seen one. Pre update I’d get attacked just thinking about going to Tisy. Post update I could probably walk around with steaks tied to my ass while whistling and saying come here boy and still get nothing. 

mmm, so I guess you wont strap steaks to your ass again . ..

5 minutes ago, aux7 said:

mmm, so I guess you wont strap steaks to your ass again . ..

Lol nope going steak free from now on 😁

4 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Wolves tend to be near Zelengorsk as well from past experience. Once witnessed four wolves and nine zombies going at it in a mass brawl around the train tracks near the army barracks. The moving target practise was most useful😂

Funny enough I’ve died from a pack there. My team heard me shooting at Zelenogorsk with my 12 gauge, though those beasts took me down from full heath in a couple of attacks.

I’ve a new found respect for them.

• Like 1