aDjidas

Hey there!

4 hours ago, CamoMixx said:

i don't understand all the complaints about server hopping i play on multiple servers with multiple characters? so i',m puzzled as to how it still exists? however duping on the other hand is a major problem atm the other day i was in elektro with a friend and i dropped him an mp5 as soon as i dropped it the server crashed and when we logged back in i still had the mp5 in my hands and there was a new one on the floor.   I think that there needs to be a rollback feature after server crash just like when the server restarts would prevent things like duping from happening. i understand people could just wait for a minute after dropping the item however if it happens once to a few people they may not try again.

I take it you've never been looting a mil zone only to have someone magically appear in front of you, behind you, etc..

Most of my kills came from killing hoppers. Not saying I camp mil zones for hoppers *cough* yeti *cough sneeze* lol. Just saying, I play kos at mil zones.

I've literally seen people spawn in the camo towers, etc. I be sitting there reloading a mag, or popping a can of tactical bacon, and poof lag there's someone now standing there with gun in hand. Or as I'm running to the tents west of Svetlojarsk, lag poof there's now someone standing in a tree.

Shit's kind of annoying, bro. Especially if one of your home servers is a low pop. Low pops are notorious for hoppers.

10 hours ago, CamoMixx said:

i don't understand all the complaints about server hopping i play on multiple servers with multiple characters? so i',m puzzled as to how it still exists? however duping on the other hand is a major problem atm the other day i was in elektro with a friend and i dropped him an mp5 as soon as i dropped it the server crashed and when we logged back in i still had the mp5 in my hands and there was a new one on the floor.   I think that there needs to be a rollback feature after server crash just like when the server restarts would prevent things like duping from happening. i understand people could just wait for a minute after dropping the item however if it happens once to a few people they may not try again.

GOD NO rollbacks are already a huge issue, im so sick of looting for 10 minutes and getting rolled back like 30, they just need to make it so once that ump or selected item is picked up it cant be there again for a while

On 4/12/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jonas Levin said:

Asking totally random people for handouts over the net is usually bad style unless it's because your whole life did totally break down.

Is your life totally breaking down because your GF won't allow you to start saving fifty bucks for a video-game?

My reply would be get a job, get a guitar and go to the streets or ask for it for your birthday as i assume you are not grown up.

And IF you are not grown up then this kind of game is probably not for you in the long run yet.

I'm not asking someone for the game, I wanted to try it out before I make the decision of purchasing it, by the way, I already have a job and better things to spend money on - I just don't want to regret this purchase as it is a video game and would be kind of silly when you can eat for a whole week with that kind of cash.

1 hour ago, aDjidas said:

I'm not asking someone for the game, I wanted to try it out before I make the decision of purchasing it, by the way, I already have a job and better things to spend money on - I just don't want to regret this purchase as it is a video game and would be kind of silly when you can eat for a whole week with that kind of cash.

I'm not sure if you have a pc, but I seem to recall that you can get refunds on games from steam within a certain period? Maybe the PC guys might know more? 

21 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm not sure if you have a pc, but I seem to recall that you can get refunds on games from steam within a certain period? Maybe the PC guys might know more? 

Steam will give you a refund if you haven't played more than two hours, and haven't owned the game more than two weeks.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yes, Steam has rules and a refund procedure, or refusal of a product, within two weeks after purchase. But if you played the game no more than two hours.
I do not know what you can understand about the game DayZ for two hours))), in some other game maybe this will be enough.

Link to Steam rules

Edited by lex__1

54 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Yes, Steam has rules and a refund procedure, or refusal of a product, within two weeks after purchase. But if you played the game no more than two hours.
I do not know what you can understand about the game DayZ for two hours))), in some other game maybe this will be enough.

Link to Steam rules

Sure, some people could play this game every day for six years and be unsure about it! An hour or two will certainly give you a feel for the basic game mechanics and general feel. I think the best way to decide is to watch someone streaming and watch some YouTube. Watching streamers will show you the slow elements of the game and YouTube will show examples of the kind of scenarios you might encounter. 

Certainly dayz is a marmite game, you'll love it or hate it. If you like challenging survival games on the biggest map there's ever been on a console then you'll probably like dayz. If players stuck with this game for years, regardless of all the bugs, then it must have something totally unique that no other game has. 

I rarely play any other game now. I occasionally play BF4 if I just have an hour or two to spare but nothing else gives me the same immersion that dayz does. That could be purely a personal thing, though I'm sure others would agree. I'm an unashamed fanboy simply because it is such a good game. Most other games I've played were attempts at satiating the need for dayz (Long Dark, Ark, Minecraft, Subnautica, Skyrim, 7Days, Rdr2) but they were all lacking in some aspect or another, to me at least. And they all have their fair share of bugs. I think dayz is in a pretty good place right now. We all have our own issues with different aspects of the game. Just because it's gone full release doesn't mean it isn't still being developed. I think it's the type of game that needs to evolve and develop. It's a living entity with a very unique personality. 

That's my two cents with anyway. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1