Fester808

Latest loot economy map

Hi all,

I understand the loot economy is a rather fluid entity, constantly changing as by the developers vision. 

Was as wondering if anyone has the latest loot economy map showing the areas in which more rarer items are found. 

I’m currently going by this..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPOI1YZ3qkhcaNY526rPR

Or has it changed to this..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwkw9V1MW4BSY9rDNaNqi

Any links, help and advice would be appreciated.

Cheers! 

Evan 

A reddit discussion on this subject from two years ago

Bvov6gf.jpg

this last image from a status report 2015 kind of fits better in my opinion

Edited by aux7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, aux7 said:

That was where I pulled the picture from - thanks but sadly I think that is outdated. That is from 0.61.

24 minutes ago, aux7 said:

Bvov6gf.jpg

this last image from a status report 2015 kind of fits better in my opinion

Come on dude - that doesn't even have Tisy on there lol - but I do appreciate the effort 😃

When the modding tools were released I am certain the devs previewed a picture similar to this, which showed much more up to date information with bubbles on the economy on the loot 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaVdYwfzLsHGKz55q0bqX

Does anyone know the image I mean? 

Edited by Fester808

sure, I guessed

Your last image came from the 2015 status report by DayZTV - Septic Falcon

https://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-status-report-highlight-26-nov-2015-updated-engine-info-more/

they havent shown this loot economy stuff recently . ..  as far as I know. Septic Falcon is still posting stuff on DayZ

what you might be looking for is the Central economy editor which comes in the DayZ tools add on

From steam

"DayZ Tools is a complete tools suite for the Enfusion and Real Virtuality game engine powering DayZ. It allows you to produce your own content for the game.

Key tools

Workbench                       - This is a powerful all-in-one tool developed to handle modifications related to the Enfusion engine game core such as

scripting, particles editing, UI editing, and others.

Addon Builder                  - The purpose of this tool is to convert all data into formats readable by the game engine and pack them into a single archive.

Publisher                           - This tool can publish whole Mods onto Steam Workshop to be used in the game.

Terrain Builder                  - This is a terrain creation tool. It allows users to build their own virtual worlds from scratch.

Object Builder                   - This tool is used to create, edit and configure 3D models made for DayZ.

Central Economy Editor - This tool is used to configure the spawn and loot spots of a terrain."

I would have thought you could see the current settings in this? I havent tried it yet

One of the Dayz map suppliers seems to use a loot spawn site detailing which must be based on such analysis. I find it predicts exactly (barring mil weapons and not specific details but generic) what will be spawning in certain areas

Edited by aux7
  • Like 1

I'm jumping in because it's been years I read about tiers 1/2/3/4 stuff, and I never got a fricking idea of what it means...

Thanks to this post, I think I got it now.

Let's take this map (I understood it's waaaayy outdated but it's just an example) :

Bvov6gf.jpg

Tier 1 = zone 1, tier 2 = zone 2 etc... ?

Which means that if I loot Green Mountain/Pavlovo/Trotskoye (zone 2) I'll chances to find average (aka tier 2) loot (SMG, UMP)

And if I loot the exact same buildings in NWAF or DMC (zone 4) I might find highend (aka tier 4) loot (M4/AK)

And if I loot Balota (zone 1) I'll find mostly basic (aka tier 1) loot (SKS, FX-45)

Is that how it works ??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fester808 said:

When the modding tools were released I am certain the devs previewed a picture similar to this, which showed much more up to date information with bubbles on the economy on the loot 

Found this one on steam that seems to match your description

ss_6928c839feedf29028b2872493e865aba0c85

• Like 1

sure, thats the CE editor in DayZ tools

You can download it

17 hours ago, aux7 said:

Apologies, this actually contains the information I was looking for, albeit outdated, I think. I was mixing up this post with the below post.

2 hours ago, matiman said:

Found this one on steam that seems to match your description

ss_6928c839feedf29028b2872493e865aba0c85

Thanks for linking this, this is the image I was looking for but I had imagined it differently, and resembling the original post.

3 hours ago, matiman said:

Bvov6gf.jpg

Tier 1 = zone 1, tier 2 = zone 2 etc... ?

Which means that if I loot Green Mountain/Pavlovo/Trotskoye (zone 2) I'll chances to find average (aka tier 2) loot (SMG, UMP)

And if I loot the exact same buildings in NWAF or DMC (zone 4) I might find highend (aka tier 4) loot (M4/AK)

And if I loot Balota (zone 1) I'll find mostly basic (aka tier 1) loot (SKS, FX-45)

Is that how it works ??

Exactly, although you may find the same buildings across the map, these buildings have tiers with Low, Medium and Rare items. Meaning anything found in the red zones (Tier 1) will be much more high end. The devs actually explain it in an old Dev log explaining the new (Enfusion build) loot economy system (see below)

I may reach out to https://www.reddit.com/user/iv_maradox (the map designer for iZurvive - https://dayz.ginfo.gg/ ) and see if he can muster up a more updated map from my original post. Given the loot economy tool is now available it must be must easier to understand now in comparison to 2 years ago.

Edited by Fester808
  • Thanks 1