Sign in to follow this  
chili1496

Glitched tent

So i placed a medium tent in a designated area at the bottom of a slope, the tent popped up but was partially embedded in the ground/bank which in turn has covered the pack used to pack the tent away 😞 how the hell do i now dismantle/pack the tent away?

No idea- I did the same in an apartment building with part of it in he wall and now it won't pack. I reckon its glitched. We've been DayZ'ed! 🙂

9 hours ago, chili1496 said:

So i placed a medium tent in a designated area at the bottom of a slope, the tent popped up but was partially embedded in the ground/bank which in turn has covered the pack used to pack the tent away 😞 how the hell do i now dismantle/pack the tent away? 

How deep is the tent in texture?
You can try to spin the character around the tent. Maybe you can catch the action menu with a tent.

• Like 1

i have no idea how to even move like that 🙂

I can’t unsee the ball gag appearance of the skull mask with assault / gorka helmet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/10/2019 at 4:26 PM, chili1496 said:

i have no idea how to even move like that 🙂

To perform this action (it does not matter if you have a weapon in your hand or not):
- lie down on the ground
- press and hold the right mouse button
- turn the mouse left or right, the character's doll will turn on its side, on its back and so on
- press the WADS buttons, the character doll will move (crawl) in these directions.
- In the latest update 1.02, the WADS buttons allow you to move if the inventory menu is open.
Practice, sometimes it helps to get access to the subject hidden in an extraneous texture.

On 4/10/2019 at 6:15 AM, pharoah said:

No idea- I did the same in an apartment building with part of it in he wall and now it won't pack. I reckon its glitched. We've been DayZ'ed! 🙂

People complained that tents could only be placed on totally FLAT ground (some folk even said only a concrete floor was flat enough).. so at the last update they made tents easier to place. They will place on uneven ground and close to trees & walls, rocks, even if some area of the tent is inside sloping ground or partly into a tree root or branches or a rock or a wall.

This is what players wanted.

Now it's up to YOU not to put your tent in stupid places.

A bit like real life ?  Take responsibility. Know better.

ps - Did you know in DayZ if you jump off a high place you die when you hit the ground?  If you reckon this is a terrible glitch - you've been DayZ'ed! 🙂
.. er .. right ?

There are ways around this new easy tent placement  "problem" .. USUALLY .. but you should take the time & suss them out for yourselves. I did, and I'm definitely not smarter than you are.

• Beans 1

The new way Tents are placed is a bit of an issue. Its not where tents are being placed, its that now the tent bag, or whatever you want to call it, sits in the back corner of the erected tent and you have to access that to take it down (unlike how it used to be) so if you can't access that, then you're stuffed and you can't take it down. You can't delete the erected tent with admin tools and are left with resetting the spawn timer for all the tents of the type affected to get rid of it. So the big issue now is the change that has been made with the tent only being dissembled from something that can be fairly easily clipped into an object.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:22 AM, pilgrim* said:

People complained that tents could only be placed on totally FLAT ground (some folk even said only a concrete floor was flat enough).. so at the last update they made tents easier to place. They will place on uneven ground and close to trees & walls, rocks, even if some area of the tent is inside sloping ground or partly into a tree root or branches or a rock or a wall.

This is what players wanted.

Now it's up to YOU not to put your tent in stupid places.

A bit like real life ?  Take responsibility. Know better.

ps - Did you know in DayZ if you jump off a high place you die when you hit the ground?  If you reckon this is a terrible glitch - you've been DayZ'ed! 🙂
.. er .. right ?

There are ways around this new easy tent placement  "problem" .. USUALLY .. but you should take the time & suss them out for yourselves. I did, and I'm definitely not smarter than you are.

mate, i placed it in an apartment building in a room. flat as with square walls. How is that a stupid place? 

11 minutes ago, pharoah said:

mate, i placed it in an apartment building in a room. flat as with square walls. How is that a stupid place? 

If you want to recover it, and have exhausted all the options of squirreling around and trying to grab the prompt, you are probably out of options.

But if you just want it gone, hose it down with bullets until ruined, and the CLEanup will take it on the next server restart.

7 hours ago, pharoah said:

i placed it in an apartment building in a room. flat as with square walls. How is that a stupid place? 

On 4/10/2019 at 6:15 AM, pharoah said:

.. in an apartment building with part of it in he wall and now it won't pack

you placed it in an apartment building with part of it glitched through a wall. You said so yourself.
Players complained they could only place tents away from other objects on perfectly flat ground and it was pissing them off
So that was altered
Now players can place tents on ground that is not flat with parts of the tent glitched into other objects
That's what players wanted but now it is pissing them off, sometimes the tent prompt is hidden or difficult to get to

It means players have to make their own decisions FOR THEMSELVES about where they place their tents and not put them in places they cant get to the prompt
You decide for yourself instead of BI deciding for you. So you have to TRY to be responsible for YOUR DECISIONS  and not stupid about where you put your tent. Otherwise you blow it.
BI did this because players asked them to do it. Now it's down to you.

There are ways of placing stuff  that can work to your advantage but you have to be cunning and think it out.

Try placing a barrel in a tree

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*