xEuph

Persistence is broken

Started out playing with 2 friends on a random server, got the 90 minute server warning. Ran to north west, killed 2 people, ate drank multiple times, dug up a stash. Server reset after the 90 minutes and all 3 of us were back where we started. 90 mins of play time, gone. All the loot, gone. This isn’t the first it’s happened since the update, just the worst case. I’ve been set back 20-30 mins multiple times, but 90 mins? This is game breaking.

Yeah, it's been weird. But I know it mostly happens when people dupe. My buddy duped and that same thing happened to him. I was fine tho because I didnt dupe. I did notice that if you leave the game and join it to much it also becomes a problem. I left the game to go let the puppies out, then logged in again and when I logged off for the night and got on the next day I was back where I was and soaked... when i logged back on after letting puppies out it was raining. I have a feeling the issues are with something they are trying to combat duping with.

That makes sense but not all of us duped, yet all of us got pushed back 90 mins? No it’s gotta be something else.

It’s just happened again. Played for a couple hours last night, wiped a 4 man squad at NW. After we got all the loot, my buddy died by a land mine. I dropped my useless shit, picked up all of his important stuff. I walked (was overweight from all the loot) 45 mins back to base and logged out. Got on today and I’m back at NW with all my useless shit. All his important stuff, gone. Gonna have to take a break until this game is fixed. 

13 hours ago, xEuph said:

That makes sense but not all of us duped, yet all of us got pushed back 90 mins? No it’s gotta be something else.

Guilty by association? 

If so, I like it.

18 hours ago, Nayte said:

Guilty by association? 

If so, I like it.

It’s so rampant on Xbox right now, if that was the case, 75% of the player base (at least) would be affected by the same problem. Like you’re some golden saint lol

21 minutes ago, xEuph said:

It’s so rampant on Xbox right now, if that was the case, 75% of the player base (at least) would be affected by the same problem. Like you’re some golden saint lol

Ah, the old others do it so I will too argument, eh?

Also no, I’ve never duplicated before. Worst I’ve done is server hop before the 1.0 update, looking for mil rifles that don’t seem to exist.

Personally, I wouldn’t care if 90% of the Xbox player base was issued some sort of duping punishment. Maybe it’ll smarten them up.

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

Ah, the old others do it so I will too argument, eh?

Also no, I’ve never duplicated before. Worst I’ve done is server hop before the 1.0 update, looking for mil rifles that don’t seem to exist.

Personally, I wouldn’t care if 90% of the Xbox player base was issued some sort of duping punishment. Maybe it’ll smarten them up.

Lol, you seem like the “role play” type. Too bad your amongst like 5% of the player base. I’ll admit your mentality is honorable, but if you had it your way there would be no one left to play with. 

37 minutes ago, xEuph said:

Lol, you seem like the “role play” type. Too bad your amongst like 5% of the player base. I’ll admit your mentality is honorable, but if you had it your way there would be no one left to play with. 

Variety is the spice of life. I find no issue with those who want to play the hero, bandit, hermit, or even the mindless kos players.

What is an issue are those who use exploits to gain an unfair advantage over others who play the game the way it was intended. Duplicaters being the worst of the mix, followed by the “meatball” glitchers.

I could care less what their sorry excuses are for doing it, and will rejoice when they complain about being “unfairly locked out of servers”, or “rolled back 90 minutes”.

4 hours ago, Nayte said:

Variety is the spice of life. I find no issue with those who want to play the hero, bandit, hermit, or even the mindless kos players.

What is an issue are those who use exploits to gain an unfair advantage over others who play the game the way it was intended. Duplicaters being the worst of the mix, followed by the “meatball” glitchers.

I could care less what their sorry excuses are for doing it, and will rejoice when they complain about being “unfairly locked out of servers”, or “rolled back 90 minutes”.

Not sure if you have actually read the posts you’ve responded too, not just on my thread, but people who don’t dupe are being affected as well. 

46 minutes ago, xEuph said:

Not sure if you have actually read the posts you’ve responded too, not just on my thread, but people who don’t dupe are being affected as well. 

Of course, everyone’s always innocent.

Until the devs issue an official statement, I’m taking it all with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

Never duped and never been pushed back nor have the group I play with.

Not sure if there is a link or not - maybe we have just been fortunate..... 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, xEuph said:

Glad you and your duper friends were inconvenienced.

Why do you even bother playing? 

The whole point of the game is to explore and survive and not gear within minutes.

If your friend dies then go find him on the coast and join him to get geared. Travel the hills and enjoy the journey.

If you want to play a game where you can get fully geared in 15 mins play pubg- it's a great game

• Like 1

21 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

The whole point of the game is to explore and survive and not gear within minute.

If you want to play a game where you can get fully geared in 15 mins play pubg- it's a great game

Generally speaking, I'll play how I want to play.

If I want to gear up in minutes, guess what? I will. Why? Cuz I can.

If I want to play like it's Pubg, guess what? I will. The game allows it.

"The whole point of the game... The whole point of the game... Yada yada yada.." - stfu

Point is. People paid money just like you and everyone else. They can play however they want to.

The only goal in DayZ is to... Survive for as long as possible...

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

"The whole point of the game... The whole point of the game... Yada yada yada.." - stfu

Point is. People paid money just like you and everyone else. They can play however they want to.

That’s all well and good.

The point is to do it legitimately...

You have a barrel stashed where you can loot back up in minutes? That’s great.

If however, you decide to dupe to gain an unfair advantage by exploiting the game, further impacting the loot economy, you’re an ass. I don’t care how many copies of the game you’ve bought. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the choice to play however you want. I believe the point is, exploiting glitches to gain an unfair advantage. How do you feel about games like battlefield when people use exploits like Wall glitches? The issue in dayz with duping isn't that you're just gearing up quickly, but that it also affects the game adversely for other players by affecting the loot economy. 

Yes play your own way, but if your cheating causes someone else's game to be affected then you should be banned. 

24 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't think anyone is questioning the choice to play however you want. I believe the point is, exploiting glitches to gain an unfair advantage. How do you feel about games like battlefield when people use exploits like Wall glitches? The issue in dayz with duping isn't that you're just gearing up quickly, but that it also affects the game adversely for other players by affecting the loot economy. 

Yes play your own way, but if your cheating causes someone else's game to be affected then you should be banned. 

When shit like that pops up, I blame the dev. They're the ones who made the game.

Am I mad I just got shot thru a wall due to a glitch and or exploit? Of course I am. I'm not going to fault the player for using said glitches and or exploits tho. They're in the game for him to use and abuse. That the devs problems, not ours.

Is a bitch move or unfair? Of course it is. But like I said, blame BI. They made the game.

Duping has been here since day 1. Hands down the most game breaking thing in the game and it's still not fixed.

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2019 at 1:43 PM, awalsh47 said:

Glad you and your duper friends were inconvenienced.

The whole point of the game is to explore and survive and not gear within minutes.

If your friend dies then go find him on the coast and join him to get geared. Travel the hills and enjoy the journey.

some of us like pvp and not just running 😉

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2019 at 7:16 PM, TahoeBeast said:

Yeah, it's been weird. But I know it mostly happens when people dupe. My buddy duped and that same thing happened to him. I was fine tho because I didnt dupe. I did notice that if you leave the game and join it to much it also becomes a problem. I left the game to go let the puppies out, then logged in again and when I logged off for the night and got on the next day I was back where I was and soaked... when i logged back on after letting puppies out it was raining. I have a feeling the issues are with something they are trying to combat duping with.

This just isn't true... It is affecting lots of people that have never duped as well...

5 minutes ago, lanejf said:

some of us like pvp and not just running 😉

Then just play pubg. Honestly it's a great game. I play it myself from time to time. You spawn in. Get mil grade loot in 10 minutes. You have to fight tactical and you get your pvp fix.

Duping is not playing the game as intended and ruining it for everyone else. It's also not fair to dupe yourself a full loadout and them slaughter everyone who is trying to play the game properly 

7 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

Then just play pubg. Honestly it's a great game. I play it myself from time to time. You spawn in. Get mil grade loot in 10 minutes. You have to fight tactical and you get your pvp fix.

Duping is not playing the game as intended and ruining it for everyone else. It's also not fair to dupe yourself a full loadout and them slaughter everyone who is trying to play the game properly 

My reply was due to him saying "the whole point of the game is to explore", which isn't true the game is meant to be played how you want to play. And stop pubg and dayz are extremely different and you comparing them makes you look bad. Survival games are fun to pvp in as killing someone means wiping hours of their time. Might sound mean but thats' the appeal for many pvp players which is most of the population of this game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

Also players can't help it developers who have been producing the game for YEARS can't fix their own product. Any glitches being abused at this point is entirely on them and their laziness. 

• Thanks 1