Sign in to follow this  
eno

Combination lock...

What's the trick to getting the stupid thing on now? We finally got it to work getting it off but now we can't get it back on. 

Anyone else? 

looks like rufus figured the (broken) logic behind this.

Edited by matiman
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, matiman said:

looks like rufus figured the (broken) logic behind this.

I’ll say the same thing here that I said there- 

This is so fucking stupid. 

We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, which probably means it's either caused by a mod or by leftover locks from previous patches.

So, if you encounter this issue on an official server, please write a report to our Feedback Tracker, including server IP and location of the base lock that's not working. If it happens on a private server, try to submit the storage files of that server with location.

We had this on my server too. Locks from previous builds don't work on 1.02?

43 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, which probably means it's either caused by a mod or by leftover locks from previous patches.

So, if you encounter this issue on an official server, please write a report to our Feedback Tracker, including server IP and location of the base lock that's not working. If it happens on a private server, try to submit the storage files of that server with location.

I have a public Vanilla server, no mods at all...

But yes, my tests were done with locks I looted in 1.01.

I looted new locks yesterday, I'll try again tonight and compare the behaviors.

Are locks of any value? I get that we are nowhere near a 1.0 release (regardless what it says on the tin) but I've always assumed they are no deterrent what so ever. That said I've done no base building, and as a solo player it will probably be some time before I do as I guess BI will be working on the large showy bases first then the less snazzy but ultimately more useful one person base.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Do you mean that if there are any locks left over on the server at all, this could be causing all the other locks to work incorrectly? I could have sworn we've had people cut old locks off, destroy the gate, rebuild and add a new lock and gotten the same result. I'll have to double check on that though.

I've had a ticket in since the 4th and haven't gotten a response from Geez or anybody. I even got posts on Twitter and the only issue's being acknowledged are Xbox issues. 

Here is my ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T138378?fbclid=IwAR1AzbMftCTmlcpSbcTXtEfZL6feM7UeKk_VYzf0fC67tZoAfsmOXvhoWUU

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

all these tests were made when I was alone on the server, public hive server from FragNet so no mods at all

1st test : gate builded in 1.02, but already got locked previously with a 1.01 lock that I cutted to open the gate. Server has been restarded several time since

no prompt when trying to attach the lock
remove wire, build gate again => no prompt
remove wire, restart server, build gate => no prompt

2d test : completly dismantled the door and builded it again

the prompt is showing, lock attach correctly => lock can be open with the code
the prompt is showing, lock attach correctly, restart server => lock can be open with the code !
(strange, this is not the behavior I experienced earlier, but all my previous attempts was with locks looted in 1.01)
BUT
the lock is still attached to the post/log and dont drop on the ground
if I look at the ground where the lock should be, I get the "[F] take combination lock" prompt but it don't do anything and lock is still attached to the post/log
server restart
now lock is on the ground and can be picked after opening the door, it still have the same code configured
prompt to attach lock shows correctly, lock attach correctly => lock can be open with the code

I attach the lock again and restart server
same behavior than previous scenario (lock open with code, but still attached to the post)
I remove wire, lock go on the ground and can be picked
I rebuild gate, lock can be attached again

So in conclusion

1503143229535.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Are locks of any value? I get that we are nowhere near a 1.0 release (regardless what it says on the tin) but I've always assumed they are no deterrent what so ever. That said I've done no base building, and as a solo player it will probably be some time before I do as I guess BI will be working on the large showy bases first then the less snazzy but ultimately more useful one person base.

Arguably they aren’t but they’re a few steps extra a person needs to take before getting in... also a nice distraction if a person wants to stay still for 30 minutes trying to tick through the dials I can probably find a clean shot. 

At the same time base building is as much of a waste of time as anything in the game for all the same reasons... at least In vanilla. How any self respecting organization could think that something that takes so much time to complete should be so completely valueless is an offense to common sense. 

Edited by eno

5 hours ago, eno said:

At the same time base building is as much of a waste of time as anything in the game for all the same reasons... at least In vanilla. How any self respecting organization could think that something that takes so much time to complete should be so completely valueless is an offense to common sense. 

Yeah, I don't think anyone was fooled by the "1.0" label. Base building is pretty far down the list for me in regard to stuff I'd like to see done. More survival; such as hunting, fishing, farming would be one major element along with making zombies an actual threat. Base building would only be useful to me, as a solo player, as a way to persist your gear after death. The idea of big grand compounds as shown in some of the teaser pics really isn't relevant to my style of game.

That said, I remember DayZ struggling to get over 30fps in Cherno, with a clunky UI and poor graphics and sound environment. It's certainly better now, I just wish there wasn't so much missing as it is now.

• Beans 3

2 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone was fooled by the "1.0" label. Base building is pretty far down the list for me in regard to stuff I'd like to see done. More survival; such as hunting, fishing, farming would be one major element along with making zombies an actual threat. Base building would only be useful to me, as a solo player, as a way to persist your gear after death. The idea of big grand compounds as shown in some of the teaser pics really isn't relevant to my style of game.

That said, I remember DayZ struggling to get over 30fps in Cherno, with a clunky UI and poor graphics and sound environment. It's certainly better now, I just wish there wasn't so much missing as it is now.

Agreed on all counts. And to think of the bullshit we all waded through during early access just to have the content we were all playtesting change so much with the new engine that we’d have to literally test it again...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eno said:

Agreed on all counts. And to think of the bullshit we all waded through during early access just to have the content we were all playtesting change so much with the new engine that we’d have to literally test it again...

I suppose the devs will point to the current state (and as it is it does look, sound and play very well) and say "that's why we had to change the engine". It's certainly frustrating from a player point of view seeing what seemed like a massive step back, although as a programmer I can see the justifications.

I've held the position that BI had missed the boat somewhat with the "backwards steps" although, to be fair, playing though 1.02 there is still a hook for me so perhaps people will rejoin the community as features are added. Especially if the console version(s) gain some traction.

My main concern just now is the classic phrase "scratch the surface and all you find is more surface".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rickyriot said:

I suppose the devs will point to the current state (and as it is it does look, sound and play very well) and say "that's why we had to change the engine". It's certainly frustrating from a player point of view seeing what seemed like a massive step back, although as a programmer I can see the justifications.

I've held the position that BI had missed the boat somewhat with the "backwards steps" although, to be fair, playing though 1.02 there is still a hook for me so perhaps people will rejoin the community as features are added. Especially if the console version(s) gain some traction.

My main concern just now is the classic phrase "scratch the surface and all you find is more surface".

Yeah my concern with that is that guys burned out soooooooooooooooo hard trying to make early access as much as they could and the devs turned around and shit all over everything they did by hitting the reset button with the new engine. Nothing any of those guys mattered and nobody seems to give a fuck about earning the trust back of those guys... so now we're left with a few enthusiasts who would rather just make their own game out of it and some hit and run transients who are happy to just call the game a disaster and move on to the next one. 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:23 AM, ImpulZ said:

I did some testing today on a test server to rule out our mods. I did get repro but it's not constant, it's a variable. It's not mod or leftover lock related as my test server was brand spanking new since 1.02. I only use it to test mods and haven't tested anything item-wise since 1.01 so there are no persistent items on it. I probably have a log from the test server...if you can tell me where I can find it I can give it to you or Geez.

If that doesn't work I can tell you step by step what I did in regards to testing, what mods I tested, and in what order. I filmed it at first, but I got zero results for so long I shut it off. I might have the corrupt lock on film though, would have to check.

From what I went through, it's restart related. Looks like after a variable x amount of restarts a lock will get corrupt. How did I get to that theory? I asked players that have a great deal of experience with switching their locks out and the common denominator was x amount of restarts later the lock would fail.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 1