ZXDMCFCWoody007

Bases

So I am hoping that there wont be another character wipe anytime soon..... 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

To that end me and a few mates are going to build a base - I have an idea to stop ghosting happening or at least make it really difficult. Anyone built yet????? If you have feel free to share pics, we might need some inspiration

1 hour ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

So I am hoping that there wont be another character wipe anytime soon..... 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

To that end me and a few mates are going to build a base - I have an idea to stop ghosting happening or at least make it really difficult. Anyone built yet????? If you have feel free to share pics, we might need some inspiration

How you gonna stop ghosting then?

1 minute ago, jonhsmith111 said:

How you gonna stop ghosting then?

Can't stop it completely, where there's a will and all that but for them to ghost they would have to do quite a lot of building themselves.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

Can't stop it completely, where there's a will and all that but for them to ghost they would have to do quite a lot of building themselves.

I like the way you think.

Well a friend and myself are just about to start building one. We're doing it purely for something to do. Our gear is all hidden so it would purely be building for the sake of building. 

2 hours ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

I did that before the update. Buildet a base on top of  gas station, and to enter it a watchtower on diffrent server. Definetly the best method  currently to avoid ghosting... But : after they found my base and they couldnt Figur out how to get up there guess what they did. They buildet there own watchtower on an different server an ghosted in lol

What I don't get is, why ghost in? There is no way to secure a base anyway is there? 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

What I don't get is, why ghost in? There is no way to secure a base anyway is there? 

Its to easy to break a metal fence down anyway especially with the unlimited duct tape glitch... game is broken

5 minutes ago, jonhsmith111 said:

Its to easy to break a metal fence down anyway especially with the unlimited duct tape glitch... game is broken

Whoa there tiger, there are some issues still to resolve in the game (yes, nikoor, I am aware 😉) but it isn't 'broken'. That's a little buzzword that gets used an awful lot when people are salty about something. Bases don't need to be secure because there are far more effective and safe ways to stash loot without building a compound. If you want a complex base building game there are plenty out there, but they all have issues too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Whoa there tiger, there are some issues still to resolve in the game (yes, nikoor, I am aware 😉) but it isn't 'broken'. That's a little buzzword that gets used an awful lot when people are salty about something. Bases don't need to be secure because there are far more effective and safe ways to stash loot without building a compound. If you want a complex base building game there are plenty out there, but they all have issues too. 

So this game a full game release then? not a chance. I could literally name 10 game breaking bugs... but can't be bothered 

7 minutes ago, jonhsmith111 said:

So this game a full game release then? not a chance. I could literally name 10 game breaking bugs... but can't be bothered 

Thank god

3 hours ago, Neophyter said:

I did that before the update. Buildet a base on top of  gas station, and to enter it a watchtower on diffrent server. Definetly the best method  currently to avoid ghosting... But : after they found my base and they couldnt Figur out how to get up there guess what they did. They buildet there own watchtower on an different server an ghosted in lol

I came across your base a while back.  Smart move.  I looked and looked on the other servers to find your watchtower so I could rob you blind, but I died before I was able to complete my search.

5 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

I came across your base a while back.  Smart move.  I looked and looked on the other servers to find your watchtower so I could rob you blind, but I died before I was able to complete my search.

Or while u were down there u could have tryd just talking to me, most likely i would have telling u the server with the tower an invite u to come inside. Then you would have seen a raid is pointles, cause there is nothing inside to raid XD i litteraly buildet it for the learning by doin aspect. So i get used to mechanics when they have a propper solution for the ghosting problem 

A simple solution to all of this..... Lock character on server. 

4 hours ago, Neophyter said:

Or while u were down there u could have tryd just talking to me, most likely i would have telling u the server with the tower an invite u to come inside. Then you would have seen a raid is pointles, cause there is nothing inside to raid XD i litteraly buildet it for the learning by doin aspect. So i get used to mechanics when they have a propper solution for the ghosting problem 

I was KoSed up the road near a barn.  Just a victim of dumb luck.

I have played on plenty of PC Mod servers so having a secure base or coming up with a way to make it pretty secure isn't new for me. There's too many playing Xbox DAYZ at the moment that don't understand the pain we PC players went through and the benefits and beauty of the simplicity of this game. Not that that should have any bearing on whether the game should be full release or not. I still think there is a lot of satisfaction to be had building a base that Is hard to get into by other players. Now that I am playing the Xbox version more I intend to give it full support and patience I did with early PC versions

Once I have built the base I will let those who may be genuinely interested know and we can meet up to see if you can figure out how to get into the main area. I am hoping it's so simple that people won't even think about it lol lol lol lol lol.... 

Edited by ZXDMCFCWoody007