Sign in to follow this  
Greig Myles

Server not showing in server browser

Hi, 

I made a server, but it is not showing in the server browser. I have port forwarded and I used steamQuery in the .cfg file. I have also configured my firewall to allow the necessary ports (2302-2305). Does anyone have any ideas I could try as I am out of ideas at this point. 

The server is 100% running, I can send it commands and talk in game through the admin console. The messages of the day also shows up in the console. 

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Astrotag

**Able to see it in DZSA launcher**

Edited by Greig Myles
See *

57 minutes ago, Greig Myles said:

Hi, 

I made a server, but it is not showing in the server browser. I have port forwarded and I used steamQuery in the .cfg file. I have also configured my firewall to allow the necessary ports (2302-2305). Does anyone have any ideas I could try as I am out of ideas at this point. 

The server is 100% running, I can send it commands and talk in game through the admin console. The messages of the day also shows up in the console. 

If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Astrotag

**Able to see it in DZSA launcher**

I had to add this port too 27016

At the beginning of Server.cfg I added these lines
steamPort = 2304;
steamQueryPort = 2303;

5 hours ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

I had to add this port too 27016

At the beginning of Server.cfg I added these lines
steamPort = 2304;
steamQueryPort = 2303;

I have tried this, still can only see it in DZSA launcher. The ping for the server is 9999 also. I am not sure why that is considering the server is sitting next to me. 

9 hours ago, Greig Myles said:

I have tried this, still can only see it in DZSA launcher. The ping for the server is 9999 also. I am not sure why that is considering the server is sitting next to me. 

Verify that these ports are open.

TCP: 2302,27015-27030,27036-27037

UDP: 2302,4380,27000-27031,27036

6 hours ago, NTX_Nitrix said:

Verify that these ports are open.

TCP: 2302,27015-27030,27036-27037

UDP: 2302,4380,27000-27031,27036

I dont know where you got those ports from but they are wrong.

Set steamQueryPort to 27016 inside your serverDZ to ensure that it stays on that in a multi server environment.

Inbound UDP: 2302, 27016

Inbound TCP: 2312 (When using DZSALModServer)

When you decide to launch a new server try to follow a +100 schema for the gameport eg. 2402 (2412), 2502 (2512)...

See if someone else is able to connect to it via the DayZ browser. I had this problem and it just turned out to have something to do with me being on the same local network as the host machine, and when I would hotspot off of my phone's 4G to connect it would work just fine.