survivorist

People talk about getting locked

As a new-ish player I am wondering how this database lock thing works. I do NOT cheat I feel that ruins games. 

here is my question I main a certain server at the moment but I am new so not sure where I fit in, my server has been mostly kill on sight which im not into. So I'm asking around about servers and ppl suggest servers, if I start just visiting servers running around talking to ppl then dropping to try the next will that lead to a database lock ? If so I'll just not do that. P.S. there is enough threads about RP servers with diff server numbers why do they not all just converge onto one server? (obvs I'm looking for a majority RP server)  

I just learned from someone that this database lock feature was implemented in the past, to prevent players from server hopping. If it is the case, I really like this, its a very solid mechanism. And for the roleplay servers ? Private servers are your best shot I guess, because the public servers are hell right now :)

1 hour ago, BAHADIR said:

I just learned from someone that this database lock feature was implemented in the past, to prevent players from server hopping. If it is the case, I really like this, its a very solid mechanism. And for the roleplay servers ? Private servers are your best shot I guess, because the public servers are hell right now 🙂

this is xbox thread there is no such thing as private servers . 

There's no servers that are better or worse for Kos 

I stick to the same Eu hc server. Had two interactions. Both friendly

I don't have any locked in database issues as I dont  server hop.

• Like 1

I stick with one server too, a European server. Generally fond EU servers less hostile than US servers. Having said that, most Americans I met on EU servers are generally friendly. I think dayz would make a great case study for psychologists and sociologists! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

There's no servers that are better or worse for Kos 

I stick to the same Eu hc server. Had two interactions. Both friendly

I don't have any locked in database issues as I dont  server hop.

4110?

21 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I stick with one server too, a European server. Generally fond EU servers less hostile than US servers. Having said that, most Americans I met on EU servers are generally friendly. I think dayz would make a great case study for psychologists and sociologists! 

Lol I'm American and play in eu only. Been backstabbed more than I can count. But I am always friendly until I see a gun pointing at me or I get shot at. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake Blake said:

Lol I'm American and play in eu only.

Why would someone deliberately play with 150+ ping when there's an option to have 15-50 ping? I'd love a region lock.

Edited by nikoor