FakeBritvin

Why does the character roll back 30 minutes?

when the server crashes or reboots, my character is where he was 30 minutes ago and I lose everything I picked up or created.  goodbye ghille !!!  Developers, tnx u for good weekend!  I will not recommend this product to any of my friends.

Do you read changelogs? It's to protect the persistence of bases that might have taken days to build. Your last thirty minutes is a small price to pay. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Do you read changelogs? It's to protect the persistence of bases that might have taken days to build. Your last thirty minutes is a small price to pay. 

I will be glad to receive from you a link and a quote for this change.  but in general it is not right when one of 4 people returns me to the previous place and takes the loot.  Example: in the north, the maps sat in ada4x4, reached the south of the map, a server crashed and I was returned only to the north.  applause for change log

Edited by FakeBritvin

2 hours ago, FakeBritvin said:

I will be glad to receive from you a link and a quote for this change.  but in general it is not right when one of 4 people returns me to the previous place and takes the loot.  Example: in the north, the maps sat in ada4x4, reached the south of the map, a server crashed and I was returned only to the north.  applause for change log

Ok, well of you prefer to lose all your stuff then play on non persistence servers. Like I say the info about this isn't buried in secret archives. If you want a link just type it in. It's not difficult. 

When my game crashes it only goes back like 2 mins. I think you are just exaggerating. Mad that you cant get into this game. Its ok bro, Dayz isn't made for everyone.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

When my game crashes it only goes back like 2 mins. I think you are just exaggerating. Mad that you cant get into this game. Its ok bro, Dayz isn't made for everyone.

That's right, it's usually about two mins on a restart and the server messages give plenty of warning. The thirty minute roll back is purely for server crash as I understand it 

• Like 1

EDIT: I can see why nobody posted a link to that alleged change log. (Just googled for it specifically, did not find.)

In answer to the OP's frustration, I reported an instance of this bug that went singularity awhile ago and am working with the developers to sort it out. One particularly nasty variation, a real nasty one, is where crash or not, your progress can be set back as far as two hours. Ideally, and based on what I did manage to find, your character shouldn't have it's progress reset by thirty minutes since that's really only server side. Instead, it should regularly log your progress as soon as you exit the server, which should create a player cache/log of geo-location data, gear, and statuses as soon as the client (you) send to the server a disconnect/log out request. Once that's created, it's like a virtual bookmark that you can than take with you and use on any server, or your host server, assuming you want to pick your progress right back up.

What's happening here, is that the developers did not account on release that so many individual characters would experience data corruption, and unfortunately, this has something to do with the interactions of the launching client and the server. So, your "bookmarks" get errors, or inventory errors, and these can interact with the server where it tries to throw you back before you encountered a corrupting event (theory from me).

In plain speak, what it means is, that the servers are taking longer to actually record where you were and what you were most recently doing. As servers experience issues with characters running corrupted data (the servers create the corrupted data -- oopsie!), this compounds the original problem. One way to hotfix, since I'm not sure if you've reported your end of the experience (I'd recommend it), is to drop all of your gear, do a 15 second log, come back into the server, and pick back up your items. If you feel that's too risky, change it up.

Drop all of your items, re-equip them, run around for two minutes, do a long log of 15 seconds, and come back in, and it should replace the corrupted hash/data with a new one. It's how I fixed mine, but it will pop up every now and again until they fix character issues. Also, bit of a prepper tip? If you're facing these sorts of corrupted character bugs, and 30 minute progress resets, find yourself a barrel, put all of your stuff in it, play the game for two hours ungeared. Find problems, die, log out to refresh your character, go back into the server, march up to where you stored your gear, and voila! Problem solved in another way. Try some of these fixes, but be wary, if you try these fixes, you do risk your character. I'd recommend this instead: find a place to store your stuff, store it, play for two hours ungeared, go get killed, once a freshspawn, immediately do a long log out, and relog into your server to get a new character yet again with uncorrupted data, than haul it to where you stored your gear.

• Like 2

Had the same thing happen multiple times last night. Every time it would set me back 20-30 mins. Lost a lot of gear because of it, but I understand the purpose. Just gonna have to be more careful 

There's a flaw in this system though, because my character died, be by a zombie, player, etc, but if you just leave the server and enter again, there is a possibility that your dead character might be back alive, becuase the game might not register your death.

9 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That's right, it's usually about two mins on a restart and the server messages give plenty of warning. The thirty minute roll back is purely for server crash as I understand it 

Im not talking about a server restart. Im talking about just chilling at camp or going through a town or what ever im doing then without no warning, i cant get into my tents or pull anything out, or everybody on my screen is frozen in time, doors wont open ect... Then boom, me an my team back at menu. I can log right back in but i go back like 2 mins sometimes at least 3. I have never even while it was in preview been pushed back 30 mins. Next time anybody gets reset more then 10 mins record it an either show it to me on here or send it through xbox. The more evidence you have for a bug like the the easier the devs can fix it. If you just say it happened with no proof then it didnt happen.

37 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Im not talking about a server restart. Im talking about just chilling at camp or going through a town or what ever im doing then without no warning, i cant get into my tents or pull anything out, or everybody on my screen is frozen in time, doors wont open ect... Then boom, me an my team back at menu. I can log right back in but i go back like 2 mins sometimes at least 3. I have never even while it was in preview been pushed back 30 mins. Next time anybody gets reset more then 10 mins record it an either show it to me on here or send it through xbox. The more evidence you have for a bug like the the easier the devs can fix it. If you just say it happened with no proof then it didnt happen.

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug. I think on pc if the server crashes it rolls back so that persistence is maintained whereas before when servers crashed it wiped bases. I can't remember where I read it now but it does briefly mention it on the changelog too. 

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, Nana Pudden said:

EDIT: I can see why nobody posted a link to that alleged change log. (Just googled for it specifically, did not find.)

In answer to the OP's frustration, I reported an instance of this bug that went singularity awhile ago and am working with the developers to sort it out. One particularly nasty variation, a real nasty one, is where crash or not, your progress can be set back as far as two hours. Ideally, and based on what I did manage to find, your character shouldn't have it's progress reset by thirty minutes since that's really only server side. Instead, it should regularly log your progress as soon as you exit the server, which should create a player cache/log of geo-location data, gear, and statuses as soon as the client (you) send to the server a disconnect/log out request. Once that's created, it's like a virtual bookmark that you can than take with you and use on any server, or your host server, assuming you want to pick your progress right back up.

What's happening here, is that the developers did not account on release that so many individual characters would experience data corruption, and unfortunately, this has something to do with the interactions of the launching client and the server. So, your "bookmarks" get errors, or inventory errors, and these can interact with the server where it tries to throw you back before you encountered a corrupting event (theory from me).

In plain speak, what it means is, that the servers are taking longer to actually record where you were and what you were most recently doing. As servers experience issues with characters running corrupted data (the servers create the corrupted data -- oopsie!), this compounds the original problem. One way to hotfix, since I'm not sure if you've reported your end of the experience (I'd recommend it), is to drop all of your gear, do a 15 second log, come back into the server, and pick back up your items. If you feel that's too risky, change it up.

Drop all of your items, re-equip them, run around for two minutes, do a long log of 15 seconds, and come back in, and it should replace the corrupted hash/data with a new one. It's how I fixed mine, but it will pop up every now and again until they fix character issues. Also, bit of a prepper tip? If you're facing these sorts of corrupted character bugs, and 30 minute progress resets, find yourself a barrel, put all of your stuff in it, play the game for two hours ungeared. Find problems, die, log out to refresh your character, go back into the server, march up to where you stored your gear, and voila! Problem solved in another way. Try some of these fixes, but be wary, if you try these fixes, you do risk your character. I'd recommend this instead: find a place to store your stuff, store it, play for two hours ungeared, go get killed, once a freshspawn, immediately do a long log out, and relog into your server to get a new character yet again with uncorrupted data, than haul it to where you stored your gear.

update (kill) character. this is a good idea. need to try. because from my company one rolls me back for 30 minutes. about so much time you need to spend by car from north to south. And I again stand among my base when everyone else is in Balota