jonhsmith111

Lock each character to a single server?

I have played Dayz from the very beginning on the PC mod. And played both servers that were in a hive and also character locked servers.

Character locked servers are better because it stops combat logging, ghosting into other player bases and how the state of the game is in now with the server hopping to duplicate gear.

If the developers have any sense and even played the mod they would know exactly what I mean.

Edited by jonhsmith111
  • Thanks 2

I went from nay to yay 3 months ago. 

I hope they add it. 

We all want it but as a community we should not complain for more servers if we can't get into our home servers because they are full.

I want this so much, purely for the ghosting but also because I want players to begin to know who lives on the server with them. I want to see each server build it's own community.

Hopefully soon.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

I've had direct confirmation that character locked servers won't be made available at this time, they want to try other methods to stop server hopping/duplication etc first & feel too many server options would confuse the player base. Hopefully the other methods such as database lock & whatever else there cooking up can be implemented & perfected. I too requested character locked servers on the forum & it seemed like a popular idea amongst the community but if they can fix these issues another way I'm okay with it. Fingers crossed, also apogee for being the bearer of potentially has news. 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

I've had direct confirmation that character locked servers won't be made available at this time, they want to try other methods to stop server hopping/duplication etc first & feel too many server options would confuse the player base. Hopefully the other methods such as database lock & whatever else there cooking up can be implemented & perfected. I too requested character locked servers on the forum & it seemed like a popular idea amongst the community but if they can fix these issues another way I'm okay with it. Fingers crossed, also apogee for being the bearer of potentially has news. 

How it is now isn't Dayz. 

• Like 1

Why not just add a dozen or so character locked servers to the already existing ones?

That way folks have a choice on where and how they want to play.

Also, if we end up getting private servers, that’ll certainly help to foster a particular community some groups may be looking for. RP anyone?

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 9:54 PM, Nayte said:

Why not just add a dozen or so character locked servers to the already existing ones?

That way folks have a choice on where and how they want to play.

Also, if we end up getting private servers, that’ll certainly help to foster a particular community some groups may be looking for. RP anyone?

This is exactly why I want private servers. Rp, character and community building? Sign me up. Resident cannibal at your service lol.

Character locked would help with Rp, but people would have to meet their neighbors early on.

13 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

This is exactly why I want private servers. Rp, character and community building? Sign me up. Resident cannibal at your service lol.

We’ll keep ya locked up, only letting you out during blood moons..

14 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Character locked would help with Rp, but people would have to meet their neighbors early on.

These scenarios would be very interesting. I would imagine we’ll start to see “alpha tribes” start to form.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nayte said:

We’ll keep ya locked up, only letting you out during blood moons..

These scenarios would be very interesting. I would imagine we’ll start to see “alpha tribes” start to form.

I'll definitely start my store back up and bring the clan back.

Dreams of a better Day Z...

4 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I'll definitely start my store back up and bring the clan back.

Dreams of a better Day Z...

What clan? 20 cannibals running around eating everyone *shrugs*.... not entering that server. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

What clan? 20 cannibals running around eating everyone *shrugs*.... not entering that server. 

The Inglorious Barstards (TIB)

Nah, im the only cannibal in the clan. That I know of lol. Lotta new people ionno yet

Yep I’m not a cannibal either so you probably are although I’ve thought about it a couple of times.

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

The Inglorious Barstards (TIB)

Nah, im the only cannibal in the clan. That I know of lol. Lotta new people ionno yet

UK based? 

56 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

UK based? 

Global, but we do have a lot of UK players and players from Germany, etc..

3 hours ago, Mr squizzer said:

Yep I’m not a cannibal either so you probably are although I’ve thought about it a couple of times.

It depends on how I'm playing at the time. Most of the time I'm pretty chill, rather rob than kill you kind of mentality. During the purge I had a feast tho.

I’m in the uk and a member of then inglorious  barstard s Although it’s been a bit quiet of late 

I understand where everyone is coming from with the irritation of ghosting, combat logging and the such but honestly I think some of you (not all) just piss and moan for the sake of pissing and moaning. How many times have you read someone saying the game is broken or “unplayable” and yet aside from the pissers and moaners most players love the game myself included. I get that for some people you just want the game to be played the way you play it but honestly that’s just not how things work. My play style might differ from yours. You might be losing sleep over the duper’s or ghosters while the rest of us really don’t give a flying fuck. This expectation that the devs not only have a fix for every single possible cheat but also to have what seems like psychic powers to foretell the possible million other ways people will find to gain an unfair advantage is ridiculous. Is the game perfect? No! Are there things that should be addressed? Sure! But some of you need to quit with all the damn whining about every single thing.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

I understand where everyone is coming from with the irritation of ghosting, combat logging and the such but honestly I think some of you (not all) just piss and moan for the sake of pissing and moaning. How many times have you read someone saying the game is broken or “unplayable” and yet aside from the pissers and moaners most players love the game myself included. I get that for some people you just want the game to be played the way you play it but honestly that’s just not how things work. My play style might differ from yours. You might be losing sleep over the duper’s or ghosters while the rest of us really don’t give a flying fuck. This expectation that the devs not only have a fix for every single possible cheat but also to have what seems like psychic powers to foretell the possible million other ways people will find to gain an unfair advantage is ridiculous. Is the game perfect? No! Are there things that should be addressed? Sure! But some of you need to quit with all the damn whining about every single thing.  

I make a valid point with my original post.

you obviously didn't play the mod.

you seem angry.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, jonhsmith111 said:

I make a valid point with my original post.

you obviously didn't play the mod.

you seem angry.

I did and don’t come at me with that cunty passive aggressive shit ok. 

I did specify that (not all) are pissers and moaners but considering the way you’re coming at me I think my point stands with my original post. 

43 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Let's stay on topic and away from the personal attacks, okay? Otherwise someone might get mauled by a bear, or something.

2 hours ago, Max Planck said:
2 hours ago, Max Planck said:

Let's stay on topic and away from the personal attacks, okay? Otherwise someone might get mauled by a bear, or something.

Your comment just struck a fantastic idea.

What if you guys were able to identify and locate duplicaters, imagine being able to spawn a nearly invincible dev bear into the game..

You guys would have complete control as you hunted down and mauled all the duper’s, then destroyed all their exploited stashed.

As further punishment, there would be a visible odor/gas surrounding those players for a predetermined amount of time, which would randomly spawn an AI version of this bear which would only hunt down those players..

Hey, a guy can dream.

39 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Your comment just struck a fantastic idea.

What if you guys were able to identify and locate duplicaters, imagine being able to spawn a nearly invincible dev bear into the game..

You guys would have complete control as you hunted down and mauled all the duper’s, then destroyed all their exploited stashed.

As further punishment, there would be a visible odor/gas surrounding those players for a predetermined amount of time, which would randomly spawn an AI version of this bear which would only hunt down those players..

Hey, a guy can dream.

I'm definitely in favour of more bears, ingame, on the forums, everywhere. Can't make it happen though, as I'm not a developer. Just a forum user with extra cleaning duties, as well as a button that gets other users mauled by a bear.

EDIT: As it turns out, getting people mauled by bears isn't part of the moderator's toolset. Talk about a missed opportunity. Lazy forum devs, amiright?

Edited by Max Planck
If they had told me, I'd never signed up.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

I'm definitely in favour of more bears, ingame, on the forums, everywhere. Can't make it happen though, as I'm not a developer. Just a forum user with extra cleaning duties, as well as a button that gets other users mauled by a bear.

EDIT: As it turns out, getting people mauled by bears isn't part of the moderator's toolset. Talk about a missed opportunity. Lazy forum devs, amiright?

Make sure you keep up your Ironfur to increase your armor and mitigation. Wait... that's not DayZ. Sorry, my bad.

• Beans 1

19 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Missed opportunity.. You’ve got to bend a devs ear.

We need bears!

• Beans 1