What are some places on the map where I should watch out for other players? What are some good spots for loot? Some tips for when you see or encounter other players?

thx!

• Like 2

Welcome to dayz. First off, the game can be buggy at times but be patient with it, it's a very rewarding game. Coastal areas tend to be hotspots for meeting people friendly or otherwise, but you can bump into people in the most unexpected places. I drove around for a few hours today and saw nobody but then heard gunshots on a very remote place. I was also skinning a deer once, in the middle of nowhere and got shot dead.

Everyone has a different playstyle. I tend to be cautious but will generally attempt voice communication before shooting someone. Talking on game can often prevent a firefight, even with heavily geared players. Just because they are armed to the teeth doesn't mean they want to shoot. They have more to lose and often prefer to talk and trade. In my experience! 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Personally i would aim for Svet (north east corner of map) there is a bunch of guy's up there that actually help new spawns with gear etc, from there head west you have some milly tents which in my opinion are quite poor for loot then you have Novo and so on, the further west you go the better the loot. Find a water bottle if you want to go it alone pick up fruit and mushrooms. If you see another player just be cautious do not approach them suddenly or you may find yourself dead, make sure your mic is working 🙂 most of all enjoy the game and do not give up if you do get shot, there are some great things to see and do.

Edited by chili1496
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the best survival game you’ll experience.

My first tip is to embrace death. You will die...a lot. Once you come to terms with that, and not getting too attached to your character (which is tough), you’ll not get as frustrated.

As mentioned, the coastal areas (spawn points) are usually teeming with players. My experience has mostly been positive when reaching out to others in game chat (you currently have to hold down on the d-pad to talk).

Once you find yourself a backpack, compass, food, water, and some sort of melee weapon, you’re ready to trek inland.

I highly recommend downloading the iZurvive app, it’ll make navigation far easier as you’re able to reference your location at a glance, as well as points of interest on the map.

The most important thing is to have fun, and try out different play styles to find one that suits you.

Good luck out there, and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Skimshady said:

Rule number 1: Dont trust anyone!!

Rule number 2: Kill anybody you dont like. 

Rule number 3: Dont trust NO ONE!!!

• Sad 1

So whenever i get close to a military base or a town i get so nervous! I got killed like a million times already. Im pretty geared now, its so scary!

• Haha 1

Accept you will die.

Don't listen to everyone who says trust no one. You may get shot but you could have an adventure so approach people and be nice.

Beach comb and check the boats for food, water and if you are lucky a drybag backpack when you spawn

Dangerous areas. 

The coast. Loads of dickheads go around fully geared murdering everyone here especially in big city's. Kamy and solinchy are probably the most dangerous. Electro and berezino not much better. Cherno is safest but still sketchy. 

Police stations: despite having crap loot a lot of people hang around these. 

Mil bases: even nice guys shoot first here. Get what you need and get out. Mil bases on a full server are less risky as on low pop servers there are loads more server hoppers.

Stareye: mil tents nearby and there is always people here as several well travelled routes to tisy and NWAF go through here.

Both Sabor towns. Both located on popular routes. One of them has a mil tent camp too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Accept you will die.

Don't listen to everyone who says trust no one. You may get shot but you could have an adventure so approach people and be nice.

No im not a KOS type of person. I like to RP. As soon as or if private server comes into play i will be buying one just for RPing. The only time my guys an me KOS is at military bases. Or if you approach our camp.

21 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

No im not a KOS type of person. I like to RP. As soon as or if private server comes into play i will be buying one just for RPing. The only time my guys an me KOS is at military bases. Or if you approach our camp.

I don’t know... one of your boys tried to kill me at that farm as I was doing the friendly jump, trying to get close enough to use prox chat.

He’s lucky I’m a friendly survivor.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nayte said:

I don’t know... one of your boys tried to kill me at that farm as I was doing the friendly jump, trying to get close enough to use prox chat.

He’s lucky I’m a friendly survivor.

Yea he was nervous. Last time a situation like that happened he got gunned down. Him and another person was talking, then dude said he was friendly so my guy you ran into let his guard down then he got murdered. He was just more long the lines of not expecting anyone to pop up while he was looking for my M4. He is sorry for shooting at you.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Yea he was nervous. Last time a situation like that happened he got gunned down. Him and another person was talking, then dude said he was friendly so my guy you ran into let his guard down then he got murdered. He was just more long the lines of not expecting anyone to pop up while he was looking for my M4. He is sorry for shooting at you.

Oh I understand, just messing with ya. He seemed like a cool guy. I told him they must have been friendly bullets.

I got killed twice the other day too by kos players. They are rampant.