Anyeurysm

Will a placed seachest despawn if not buried?

If a placed chest has loot will it be persistent or will it despawn?

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure it's persistent, but I always bury them regardless. I found someones chest yesterday and found a new hole to put it in 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

If a placed chest has loot will it be persistent or will it despawn?

No - they stay in the game.

Also you can place them in bushes and still access the contents from your inventory screen, even if they are off the ground hanging in the bush. This is useful because they are hard to spot.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

2 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

No - they stay in the game.

Also you can place them in bushes and still access the contents from your inventory screen, even if they are off the ground hanging in the bush. This is useful because they are hard to spot.

Ah cool, never tried putting them in bushes simply because you can't place barrels in bushes. It's also a shame that you can't place barrels under water. I wonder if you can with chests. Anyone tried? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Funny you say that. I found this one hanging up in a tree... 😁

• Haha 2

Just now, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah cool, never tried putting them in bushes simply because you can't place barrels in bushes. It's also a shame that you can't place barrels under water. I wonder if you can with chests. Anyone tried? 

You can place barrels in bushes - just get into the bush and "DROP" the barrel. Then you usually find the barrel half way up in the bush at an angle. The TRICK is that there is only a very small area (somewhere) that will let you "open barrel" so you can access it from your inventory. It might take you ten minutes to find that spot. Usually I crouch down and get under the barrel, scan its base from underneath back and forth until I spot a flicker, and then locate the "open barrel" message. Next time I try it will still be in the same place and is easy to find once you KNOW it's there. .   This kind of puts off anyone from taking stuff if they find your barrel, they think it can't be opened. . Also, if you don't like your barrel placement, you can try again, it is easy to pick up and move even inside the tree/bush using "vicinity" - but once you have put stuff in it of course this cannot be done.  - so it acts more like a safe than a barrel - You have a barrel that is fairly secure if you have the patience to place it, and folk who find it cant find the way in or assume it can't be done.

<hey, now I told everyone>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anyeurysm said:

Funny you say that. I found this one hanging up in a tree... 😁

yeah that's where I put the spare human parts - help yourself there's a fireplace right nearby & and some already cooked and a couple of drinks
make yourself comfortable - I'll be home soon honey

Edited by pilgrim*
what are friends for ?

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

yeah that's where I put the spare human parts - help yourself there's a fireplace right nearby & and some already cooked and a couple of drinks
make yourself comfortable - I'll be home soon honey

Do you have fava beans and a nice Chianti to serve with it?

2 hours ago, Nayte said:

Do you have fava beans and a nice Chianti to serve with it?

bring the Chianti no prob - I've been smoking Old Northern Ogou Feray woolfhair & mushrooms mix for too long - started to hear some really STRANGE sounds even in the day.. or sometimes a sudden weird silence and then a big wind, ya know ? ..  .. Also bring a friend, if we party we may run out of barbecue & I  like to leave something extra scattered around for the Manitou ..  
xxP