lanejf

Explain This...

Looks like you got shot? Looks like your rounds hit the door frame. Am I missing something in the clip? 

You are firing while only roughly aiming, if you do that in an open area, it will likely hit where you are aiming, no problems. In an enclosed area like that, the chance always exists that you will hit the "furniture" instead of the intended target. Same thing when you hide behind something or when shooting prone, you can hit the ground or the cover if you do not check your aim.

Your weapon is also on full auto, the first round may go where you intend, the following rounds will not.

From what I can see your opponent is only firing single shots

You only have 12 rounds in the mag at the start of the clip, not a good idea in a firefight especially on full auto. The burst you fired used five rounds, one more burst and the mag is empty and you either have to change weapon or mag, again not a good idea.

Only use full auto with a full mag and the target is in front of you with no obstructions

If you can set semi auto, and aim down the sights before firing, saves rounds and ensures you hit the target. Looks like he did . . . .

In that situation in cover you do have time

Do you have "hold breath" on xbox now? I think you must do or? Do that too . ..

The crosshairs on screen is effectively "firing from the hip" even though the character simulation has the weapon to the shoulder, in my opinion.

Edited by aux7
  • Beans 1

Also don't forget to lean in when ADS in a similar situation later as we can do that now on console, might give him less to be able to shoot at (though maybe you were leaning, I can't tell from the clip for sure). 

4 hours ago, Skofield_Kid said:

Also don't forget to lean in when ADS in a similar situation later as we can do that now on console, might give him less to be able to shoot at (though maybe you were leaning, I can't tell from the clip for sure). 

but people can't shoot while leaning to your right if they don't play with claw grip (index finger on RB, middle finger RT) because they run out of fingers. the controls will see a rework anytime soon, they just have to.

6 hours ago, aux7 said:

You are firing while only roughly aiming, if you do that in an open area, it will likely hit where you are aiming, no problems. In an enclosed area like that, the chance always exists that you will hit the "furniture" instead of the intended target. Same thing when you hide behind something or when shooting prone, you can hit the ground or the cover if you do not check your aim.

Your weapon is also on full auto, the first round may go where you intend, the following rounds will not.

From what I can see your opponent is only firing single shots

You only have 12 rounds in the mag at the start of the clip, not a good idea in a firefight especially on full auto. The burst you fired used five rounds, one more burst and the mag is empty and you either have to change weapon or mag, again not a good idea.

Only use full auto with a full mag and the target is in front of you with no obstructions

If you can set semi auto, and aim down the sights before firing, saves rounds and ensures you hit the target. Looks like he did . . . .

In that situation in cover you do have time

Do you have "hold breath" on xbox now? I think you must do or? Do that too . ..

The crosshairs on screen is effectively "firing from the hip" even though the character simulation has the weapon to the shoulder, in my opinion.

This 

To answer your question, yes we now have the hold breath function.  \o/

What you you want to be explained? The horrible potato aim or the shitty OG xbox one rendering.

2 hours ago, nikoor said:

but people can't shoot while leaning to your right if they don't play with claw grip (index finger on RB, middle finger RT) because they run out of fingers. the controls will see a rework anytime soon, they just have to.

Good point, I hadn't had a chance to try it in an actual firefight situation yet. Wouldn't be surprised if the next round of changes to the control scheme will require us to use our feet in some way.