ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

Well eno I see you are just as frustrated as me about the state of the game.  And at least you answered my question about information coming from the Devs and what they are up to.  I thought I might have missed something but I haven't.  The Devs have fallen back into their old ways no information :-(.

• Beans 1

In 1.03, can we also expect a fix for the instant firing when pressing right mouse button? It makes me paranoid every time I log in and want to raise my gun for the first time....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, amadieus said:

In 1.03, can we also expect a fix for the instant firing when pressing right mouse button? It makes me paranoid every time I log in and want to raise my gun for the first time....

I believe and hope it will happen soon

10 hours ago, Fing said:

Well eno I see you are just as frustrated as me about the state of the game.  And at least you answered my question about information coming from the Devs and what they are up to.  I thought I might have missed something but I haven't.  The Devs have fallen back into their old ways no information :-(.

Sadly their version of not over promising means not sharing anything. 

1 hour ago, eno said:

Sadly their version of not over promising means not sharing anything. 

how many programmers (employed by or associated with BI) would you estimate are working full time on this DayZ project itself ?  - by full time I mean  how many total work-hours on programming per week/per month  ?

- this is simply a question [ it is an honest question, without leading any witnesses or or stepping on shoes ]. There is internal evidence but it is a long search & difficult and often "between the lines" and I am not going to make a case of any kind.  In my view,  the answer is not as straightforward as forum users tend to assume.

Edited by pilgrim*

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

how many programmers (employed by or associated with BI) would you estimate are working full time on this DayZ project itself ?  - by full time I mean  how many total work-hours on programming per week/per month  ?

- this is simply a question [ it is an honest question, without leading any witnesses or or stepping on shoes ]. There is internal evidence but it is a long search & difficult and often "between the lines" and I am not going to make a case of any kind.  In my view,  the answer is not as straightforward as forum users tend to assume.

In one breath it’s how many people. Then how many PROGRAMMING hours with emphasis like anyone gives a shit. 

Go ahead and just say their communication is on par with whatever number even you are too lazy to look up. 

Bored with your riddles. 

Edited by eno

11 hours ago, eno said:

In one breath it’s how many people. Then how many PROGRAMMING hours with emphasis like anyone gives a shit. 

Go ahead and just say their communication is on par with whatever number even you are too lazy to look up. 

Bored with your riddles. 

so you don't care how BI resources are allocated and how many folk spend how much time working on DayZ ?
..  you certainly seem to care. My mistake dude, go your merry way.

yes it took me some research to find the answer to my "riddle" - if you can't be bothered to do it yourself, even though it is the information you need and seek - and it is available if you look  - and it answers your questions and complaints .. if you can't be bothered to put any effort into that
        then be bored

i read some months ago that there should be at least 80-100 ppl still working unitl the end 2019.

It was said, that the full Team (or nearly the full team) will work until the end of this year.

That is what has been communicated back then.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:03 PM, amadieus said:

This has not happened to me since some early 0.63 stress test build. When, how, on what servers and with what mods does it happen? It is not a thing in vanilla, of that much I am sure. Must be either a mod or a hardware/driver issue on the user end.

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

This has not happened to me since some early 0.63 stress test build. When, how, on what servers and with what mods does it happen? It is not a thing in vanilla, of that much I am sure. Must be either a mod or a hardware/driver issue on the user end.

Had it happen since the early 0.63 versions as well, but lately it seems to happen to me more often. 

It happens on vanilla and community servers. I don't use mods. When I play community it is always on the The Village or the Runningmanz server.

I always assumed it was an issue that could appear when you log in with your weapon in hand. But last week I found out this is not the case. I read here and there that it has to do with alt-tabbing, but even without doing so it might happen when I log in. It can only happen when I log in and raise the gun for the first time, never in the middle of the play session.

Might be on my end, as to be honest, I was surprised that I didn't see any posts on it. Will take a look around, but if anyone found a solution to this, I would love to know. With that being said, I heard of others having it, including my friend upon logging in.

Edited by amadieus

dear developers, how do you look at what would prevent a character from jumping at a red health level? The character barely moves, but jumps very famously - it looks silly.

And one more question that has been troubling me for a long time. Is it possible to fix the ability to look through the textures?

yes, night vision device - it's his time

Edited by hegra

30 minutes ago, hegra said:

dear developers, how do you look at what would prevent a character from jumping at a red health level? The character barely moves, but jumps very famously - it looks silly.

And one more question that has been troubling me for a long time. Is it possible to fix the ability to look through the textures?

yes, night vision device - it's his time

That's something which has bothered me as well. You got a fine system where someone on low health has low mobility but has the ability to do a full jump, it makes it really casual. I would expect something like that in a game like CS or CoD but not DayZ.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, hegra said:

This again leads back to the complexity of our health system. Most games don't care about the health level of their characters, because it would be too restrictive. With our extensive health system, we have way more animations and balancing to do, if we want to properly reflect the health status during all actions. So we have plans for "injured jumping" as well as fixes for connected exploits. Depending on how long it takes to implement those different stages of jumping -again prioritisation compared to other missing actions-, we also consider removing jumping when reaching a certain injury level. But of course, this would also obstruct general movement for the players after the fight.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

17 minutes ago, IMT said:

That's something which has bothered me as well. You got a fine system where someone on low health has low mobility but has the ability to do a full jump, it makes it really casual. I would expect something like that in a game like CS or CoD but not DayZ.

Yeah jump mechanic really needs some work. Animation looks alright for long jumps, like those parkour leaps between buildings etcetera, but when hopping over a low fence it looks cringy, and the fact you can jump from crouched and when limping half dead is just ridiculous. Also, jumping distance should be reduced by weight carried just like stamina, you won't see someone carrying 30 kgs of junk in his backpack do parkour shit... Vaulting really needs to come back a s a p.

Edit: Dang ImpulZ you were fast... Good to hear it is on your radar. Are you able to share anything about the status of vaulting, stepover and climbing? And jumping being impossible when half dead would only make sense, being shot up and limping should be limiting your ability to move around...

Edited by Derleth

Still no Battleye update. Users of the windows 10 1903 (18362) version can no longer play DayZ.
Battleye has completed the update for a long time, it only needs to be intigrated in Dayz.
The guys from pubg have done that for a long time. Why does not work for you? 
With the new Windows version you will be removed from the game immediately.
Battleye then displays the following message: "Battleye: corrupted Memory"
This mistake is known, when do you mind?  

11 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

But of course, this would also obstruct general movement for the players after the fight.

I'm afraid that that's the point..isn't it??

Restoring the Standalone back on the path of it being a true survival experience? The "full-heath jump" was left in the game because the player actions were still a WIP, and the devs wanted us to still "enjoy" ourselves in the meantime.....Jesus! Even I remember that was the explanation, way back, and it actually made sense to give us our "fun" while your team sorted out how to ACTUALLY implement injured/impaired movement. You could have answered that question with this consistent train of thought and it would have been perfectly OK...but no....you just blabbered out the rationale without putting it into context. Is it a language thing? That would explain how many of the mistakes were made in the past with confusing statements/explanations regarding builds and ongoing development news, but you HAVE to know that English is the primary language spoken here...right? Hell...even putting that aside....it is FAR more productive to have a few well-thought out sentences than to have paragraphs of broken and disjointed information.

Things like this (decisions that are counter-productive or just plain nonsense) are what got you guys into this mess in the first place.

IMHO.... The BEST thing BI can do at this point is to SERIOUSLY consider bringing a person on board that can spend their time FULLY engaged with the fans of this title. And I mean "SERIOUS".... please.

It is such an essential aspect of customer service/support (having a consistent point of reference/information) that I am appalled that the DayZ Development Team and BI in general have failed to recognize the value in this years ago (unless they HAD considered this...and decided it was not necessary?). Did Hicks ask for more money? Or did you offer him Less? OR whatever the reason....having Brian leave the project and to NOT have replaced him with someone who could take the can of beans and run with it (sorry...couldn't resist) was a massive mistake, and one that has cost you not only in supportive fanbases but also in continuing incoming revenue.

Think of all the misconceptions, contradictions, and failed expectations that could have been mitigated by just having someone who could communicate and translate between the Dev Team and their passionate audience....

This went off the rails around the time we saw you hit the game expos with those (now laughable) t-shirts proclaiming "In Beta we trust" or some such gibberish that I cannot exactly recall....but I knew the signs back then, that we were about to see the beginning of the end to any real sense of responsibility by the team to deliver the product we had generally been led to believe would be worthy of the original hype that fueled the large influx of cash that the Early Access generated back in 2013/14/15.

SO....Do us ALL a favor....and hire a spokesperson who has ONE job....and ONE job ONLY.... and that would be to serve as the product manager (I did not say PROJECT manager...That ship has sailed, it seems) that can take this game by the horns...and clearly define the status going forward, channel all the incoming feedback to the places it needs to reach, keep us interested and excited about what is still to come from the team, and above all....stop giving us reasons to mistrust and disrespect you.

• Like 1
  • Beans 8

I have been playing since arma2 so it will be 10 years. but I've never really found a hardcore server. I was hoping that with dayz you know things would change.I see a server with a thousand mods for nonsense weapons Instead, the game has become anything but survival. it's a world war where zombies and food are marginal. Is it possible that there is no server where food is very rare and agriculture finally makes sense? where bullets are as rare as weapons? after 1 week in any server we have a dozen car barrel curtains and lots of weapons. and let's play in 2/3 ..The few servers where I see written hardcore are empty, and anyway I imagine that by killing a zombie you get easy food.Now this game seems to me to ruin brought by the kids who want to be born with the weapon and shoot immediately. But are there no other games for this?where is the survival in this game .. 😞 sorry for my bad english

One note regarding TrackIR, currently when looking through a scope that is not attached to a gun (i.e. using the look through action), that look is controlled by head movement instead of the mouse. However; the movement is quite jerky and not at all as smooth as when using the mouse (like when the scope is attached to a weapon). It's an oddity since all other head look is smooth and especially since other looking through scope is controlled by mouse. My suggestion would be to unite these control methods, I'd say make looking through a scope when not attached to a weapon also controlled by mouse. 

20 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

I have been playing since arma2 so it will be 10 years. but I've never really found a hardcore server. I was hoping that with dayz you know things would change.I see a server with a thousand mods for nonsense weapons Instead, the game has become anything but survival. it's a world war where zombies and food are marginal. Is it possible that there is no server where food is very rare and agriculture finally makes sense? where bullets are as rare as weapons? after 1 week in any server we have a dozen car barrel curtains and lots of weapons. and let's play in 2/3 ..The few servers where I see written hardcore are empty, and anyway I imagine that by killing a zombie you get easy food.Now this game seems to me to ruin brought by the kids who want to be born with the weapon and shoot immediately. But are there no other games for this?where is the survival in this game .. 😞 sorry for my bad english

DayZ Underground's hardcore server might be what you're looking for, and "KZ" has less food and increased zombies, so that could also be worth a try.

Man this thread was a rollercoaster. Just have some thoughts on 1.02 and what can be built on in the upcoming 1.03 update.

1. Blood/Health regeneration needs a more significant adjustment. It took 15 minutes to fully heal up in 1.01, tweaking that amount by a third barely makes a noticeable difference.

2. There is still a food/drink abundance in the loot economy including infected drops. Food stats need a rebalance, my ass has been saved from dehydration by some dry as fuck foods. It's coming to the point where community servers have to make hardcore tweaks to make the game actually feel like survival.

3. More zombie spawns are always welcome (If server performance allows it). If there's no room for the performance hit, possibly just a diversification of the zombie count numbers for the spawn points? Particularly, lessening the amounts of infected in remote villages or small towns and increasing them in high traffic areas like Military camps (NWAF, Stary, Tisy, Zeleno) or the 3 major coastal cities (Cherno, Elektro, Berezino). I would not mind only seeing 2 zombies in a remote village at all. Possibly even none. For military areas, those are endgame areas. The only threat right now are other players. Military Camps should still present some sort of threat even if there's no other player there. It'd bring a new dynamic to PvP there too. Imagine wounding a player and letting zombies do the job. I think it could enhance the starting and endgame experience. Anyways, I've looked into the zombie_territories.xml file and the spawn values are mostly minimum=7, maximum 13 infected over and over for village spawns points. I'd say you can do high variance spawn points for villages (min=1, max 13). That way every trip to a town or village feels different. For high traffic areas maybe use a higher constant number, with a possibility of rolling a mini horde (min=8, max=20). The global count for zombies can stay the same. Just put zombies in just the right spots and this game will feel very different.

That's about it. I've heard the next stable update is mainly focused on survival. If so, I think these would definitely help. The same amount of fixes/tweaks/additions as 1.01 and 1.02 but mainly survival focused and I'm sold.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, BartZZ said:

Still no Battleye update. Users of the windows 10 1903 (18362) version can no longer play DayZ.
Battleye has completed the update for a long time, it only needs to be intigrated in Dayz.
The guys from pubg have done that for a long time. Why does not work for you? 
With the new Windows version you will be removed from the game immediately.
Battleye then displays the following message: "Battleye: corrupted Memory"
This mistake is known, when do you mind?  

This Problem is solved now under win10 1903

Whether the last more frequently occurring error "Corrupted Memory # 0" of the anti-cheat software BattleEye, as suggested by its manufacturer, also related to the GeForce driver 430.39, is uncertain. Since Tuesday, the error should be at least under Windows 10 in version 1903 history - as BattleEye probably have even implemented a fix

About cars misbehaving. On my dedicated server, that has no performance issues, I can drive cars without any issues whatsoever while my brother has the occasional spontaneous Harry Potter moment with cars. Ping is not an issue, and the server is not struggling, so what could be causing it? I have an SSD while bro has a fairly sluggish regular HDD, could client-side load times be causing the violent desync that sends cars to the heavens? Felt very unlikely, but then I thought about the many road deaths caused by load spikes when driving in the vicinity of large bases...

• Beans 1

On 4/27/2019 at 1:51 PM, hegra said:

I believe and hope it will happen soon

Where is a new patch? when in