ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

20 hours ago, amadieus said:

Actually, in one of the December 2018 stream they said that the game they have envisioned will probably be finished in 2020.

good to know, ill put the game aside till then.

On 4/21/2019 at 4:32 AM, eno said:

Although you’ve got my attention with this duct tape bug... what’s that?

It talks about a bug in which the character's snare / extrication restores the duct tape to 100%.

• Beans 2

On 4/16/2019 at 1:25 AM, eno said:

The items that were despawning didn’t have camo net on them or got camo net very early on... nothing is missing- not even the car with half a dozen plugs hidden in it.

by the way, reproduced this on my vanilla server last week.

I confirm fences currently have 45 days lifetime if untouched, not tested it with towers yet.

One of my camp had few fences with camo net only to hide my car. Some others fences were builded later.

Oldest fences has disappeared after 45 days, fences builded later are still there. All others persistent items (barrel, tents, wire mesh etc) that I interact with frequently are still there, even if they are older than the missing fences.

I understand this is probably done this way for performances optimization, and prevent to keep things indefinitly on the server if no one are using it anymore.

But a basic lifetime limit since construction is the dumbest way to implement that... I go around my base almost daily, but to prevent fences to be deleted I need to remove-readd a camo net or something... meh

IMO it should be based on player traffic (if player come in a xx meters radius of the object, it extends his lifetime of xx days. If no one come accross during xx days, it disapears).

• Beans 2

@matiman

Did you try to interact with the fences and towers?  (stuff nails into the building inventory and take them out again ---> interaction without changing the structure.) If that works, it's also a useful thing, since this can only be done from the "inside".

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

@matiman

Did you try to interact with the fences and towers?  (stuff nails into the building inventory and take them out again ---> interaction without changing the structure.) If that works, it's also a useful thing, since this can only be done from the "inside".

yes, thats what I was trying to explain.

The fences I interacted with (by removing/adding camo net in my case, which is basically the exception that can be done from outside the camp) are still there. I guess adding nails or plank would have do the trick as well, but didn't tried it yet.

The ones I didn't interacted with at all (for test purpose to validate this behavior) disappeared after 45 days without interaction.

I reproduced that with fences only, as I don't want to try and despawn a full tower (to much materials to lost just because @Impulz is too busy to help us on this one, yes I'm a bit salty ^^)

Edited by matiman
  • Beans 1

It might not look like it, but it is chucking it down on a blue sky day, and my tower couldnt keep me dry, so I had to come here . ..

9342647B4D5165A09A3665EB8F2406441A12B494

On 4/22/2019 at 11:46 AM, Rufus Rage said:

How many restarts did you try?

I'm asking because I had a new combo lock on a new gate and it survived two restarts but then ended up glitching over night at some point. So just want to make sure you verified this on multiple restarts and not just a couple.

Was it the combo lock from the mod I mentioned? The mod has been running since Sunday and no one has told me that it's not working.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Was it the combo lock from the mod I mentioned? The mod has been running since Sunday and no one has told me that it's not working.

Yeah... because people come Into the stable patch discussion to talk about mods. 

6 hours ago, eno said:

Yeah... because people come Into the stable patch discussion to talk about mods. 

People complained about locks not working. The mod I mentioned fixes the problem since Bohemia doesn't seem inclined to release a hotfix for a problem that makes base building useless.

BTW - For everyone else, I had a player confirm to me last night that this lock from the mod has continued to work through every restart.

Still no Battleye update. Users of the windows 10 1903 (18362) version can no longer play DayZ.
Battleye has completed the update for a long time, it only needs to be intigrated in Dayz.
The guys from pubg have done that for a long time. Why does not work for you? 
With the new Windows version you will be removed from the game immediately.
Battleye then displays the following message: "Battleye: corrupted Memory"
This mistake is known, when do you mind? 

6 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

People complained about locks not working. The mod I mentioned fixes the problem since Bohemia doesn't seem inclined to release a hotfix for a problem that makes base building useless.

BTW - For everyone else, I had a player confirm to me last night that this lock from the mod has continued to work through every restart. 

Ty @BetterDeadThanZed i'll pass the info on to some of the servers I play on that have been waiting on BI. They might be interested in that mod.

23 hours ago, matiman said:

yes, thats what I was trying to explain.

The fences I interacted with (by removing/adding camo net in my case, which is basically the exception that can be done from outside the camp) are still there. I guess adding nails or plank would have do the trick as well, but didn't tried it yet.

The ones I didn't interacted with at all (for test purpose to validate this behavior) disappeared after 45 days without interaction.

I reproduced that with fences only, as I don't want to try and despawn a full tower (to much materials to lost just because @Impulz is too busy to help us on this one, yes I'm a bit salty ^^)

my guess: base building is not finished yet.  ---> A fence shows you after the construction the "state point" as Pristine.  Base building elements should be in sync from Pristine to Ruined during the 45 days (End of 45 day).  One way to prevent this is to repair the base (with nails and planks).  The meaning is then: abandoned bases are removed.  However, the condition may only be checked by the "inside" to avoid meta.  Further, a Pristine fence is said to be much harder to destroy than a badly damaged one.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, eno said:

If a Mod is available that can correct a bug and not interfere too much in the experience....then Hell Yes.

People reading this discussion should know there are options. You gotta admit that the Stable Discussion thread is just an exercise in futility at this point....right?

All you see is post after post from frustrated and pissed off or confused fans of the game....so hearing there are servers out there that actually WORK is something that is worth saying.

• Beans 3

This game is awesome still some bugs. I guess my biggest issue is basebuilding. You spend days fortifying a base and then someone can just change servers and walk 30 steps and change servers and be in your base.  So why build bases that takes alot away from the game. I think if you change servers you should spawn on the coast just like new spawns 

3 hours ago, mimi said:

thank but its work on the official server ?

No. The server operator has to add it to their server, so it would only work on community servers.

1 hour ago, Dennis Roberts Sr. said:

This game is awesome still some bugs. I guess my biggest issue is basebuilding. You spend days fortifying a base and then someone can just change servers and walk 30 steps and change servers and be in your base.  So why build bases that takes alot away from the game. I think if you change servers you should spawn on the coast just like new spawns 

That's why community servers are better than the official servers.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, philbur said:

If a Mod is available that can correct a bug and not interfere too much in the experience....then Hell Yes.

People reading this discussion should know there are options. You gotta admit that the Stable Discussion thread is just an exercise in futility at this point....right?

All you see is post after post from frustrated and pissed off or confused fans of the game....so hearing there are servers out there that actually WORK is something that is worth saying.

Fair points. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, eno said:

Fair points. 

I know I might start to sound like a Troll about this kind of thing...and it's really not my intention at all, guys.

My chiming In about how Community servers "fix" a lot of frustrating bugs is just more effective here...than on the Mod Topic...simply because the folks on that one already know about this option...and I am just hoping to redirect some of the loyal survivors that are just about ready to bail on this game completely.

Cheers.

Edited by philbur

Has there been any news from the Devs about what they are up to at the moment?

2 hours ago, Fing said:

No?

8 hours ago, Fing said:

Nope, and so far as I can tell "they" think you're an idiot for expecting anything since they fucked it up so hard before. 

What did they fuck up exactly? Well so glad that you asked. 

They laid out a bunch of shit that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of reach for the game and got everyone to get excited about it... look at helicopters... planes... bikes... trains... a working car? All the shit that literally had nothing to do with DayZ and was just blistering nonsense trying to lure in a bunch of the Arma crowd. 

And as a result of that absolute atrocious communication blunder now they think that not telling us anything they're working on is better. 

What's stupid about the whole thing is that everyone in the community felt betrayed at what was said and not being worked on. Now they're not saying anything about what they're working on... which is basically the same thing. 

At some point someone will figure out that if they don't give us the information, a community that has in many cases invested multiple thousands of hours in a title they desperately wanted to believe in... all the bug fixing and reporting, play testing, stress testing- all that fucking nonsense only to have the reset button pushed and left in the dark. We're a creative bunch after all since it has in fact been our imaginations that have created the world in which we live in- whatever world we want it to be. The platform does allow for that- it just did it so much better before. 

In the absence of any credible information we're pretty happy to make up the difference. Our story may be horrible, but at least it's accurate. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, eno said:

They laid out a bunch of shit that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of reach for the game and got everyone to get excited about it... look at helicopters... planes... bikes... trains... a working car? All the shit that literally had nothing to do with DayZ and was just blistering nonsense trying to lure in a bunch of the Arma crowd.

I get that you're passionate about the game and even a bit frustrated with the current state of it but how were cars, helicopters, and bikes not part of or even important to DayZ?  Honest question.

Edited by sausagekingofchicago

2 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

I get that you're passionate about the game and even a bit frustrated with the current state of it but how were cars, helicopters, and bikes not part of or even important to DayZ?  Honest question.

Are any of them currently working in game? 

Tell me what part of any of those are important to the gritty (cough) survival experience. Cars? Maybe... if they weren’t currently an embarrassment to the entire brand. Bikes? They aren’t even a spec on the horizon so we can go ahead and pack that in fantasyland along with the other empty promises for now since like 2/3rds of the content we enjoyed for years previously it’s just whimsical ambition. Wouldn’t anything important to Dayz have been enabled with the full release version of the game or maybe even made it to early access. You remember that, right? And what it was meant for? That 5 years we were all shovelling shit so that things like that could be tested out and polished before full release... 

Let’s go a step further and roll bases into the mix. Those are important too eh? Didn’t see them in early access but they squeezed themself into the full release of the game and I must say they have been an amazing addition  and added significantly to the vanilla gaming experience. 

And yet the mantra of dayz is don’t get attached to your shit... so we build bases to... erm... 

So now somewhere in our apocalypse where random wrecked shit is just thrown all over the place we’re going to jump into a helicopter and... oooooh yeeeeah collect more shit and kill people. Not necessarily in that order.

No problem because we will have a plane we can... uh... shoot down helicopters with and... uh... fly to a place really fast if we survive and... ooooooooh yeeeeeeeeah get more shit to hoard. In tents and barrels that we can’t place on a 1 degree incline next to a tree. Or we CAN in fact place it but in many instances won’t be able to repackage it since the bag is glitched into terrain.

You know what annoys me about this stupid question- and there is such a thing, don’t believe the hype... is that of all the legitimate concerns people have voiced in this thread and all those that preceded it is that this is the bullshit you latch onto. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2