ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

@eno okay, this is the post I was thinking about. But it was about barrel/tents/burried objects

Reading this, I expected the same logic for bases, but I'm not sure if it's the case, and if the lifetime of a fence/tower is the same or not.

@ImpulZ may be you can clarify this for us ? Thx

EDIT : I knew I readed this 45 days thing about bases items, it was on Reddit.

"How it should work: All items have a life time period. Base items like walls, tents, barrels should have a lifetime of 45 days. This timer gets reset once you interact with said item. BUT! Allot of servers have issues with persistence."

A confirmation from Impulz would still be nice ^^

Edited by matiman

Last thing I heard tents, barrels and stashes last 43 days. Bases and cars last indefinitely (until server wipe). I believe server owners can tweak the numbers for some or all items. 

One additional thing I'd like to be persistent is upgraded fireplaces. Why bother making them when they are gone at next server restart? Pointless item as it is.

The items that were despawning didn’t have camo net on them or got camo net very early on... nothing is missing- not even the car with half a dozen plugs hidden in it. 

So our walls are undoubtedly despawning. And the fact that crickets from anyone who had access to the information about whether this is intended or not is no surprise. Some Muppet complaining he doesn’t know what to do in game gets a response in minutes but we get frosted. Awesome. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I just want to confirm a few things I might already know related to survival activities:

Farming - It's functionally in the game, but there's zero persistence. I made several plots around my base, grew a variety of things, then found the all vanished after the server restart.

Leather - is tanning hides not in the game right now?

Doors staying locked after server resets - I thought this was patched... not the case?

Combo locks - still heavily bugged and need to be cut off with hacksaw?

farming and fireplace have no persistence

not sure if you can tann leather, i dont think so. but sure you cant craft leather clothes.

doors status (open close) and locking not persistant

combolocks are broken as hell since 1.02

actually 1.02 is just barely fixing inventory display bugs introduced in 1.01

and is also introducing shitloads of new issues or previously fixed issues

• Sad 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:15 PM, Sooden said:

Please do tell me... how did the Code lock issue get into stable?

Please do tell me... why you listed  ''Fixed: When opening doors for the first time, the whole building model can move slightly'' as it was not an issue in 1.01 but is now?

unless i missed the reply? The C.M. seems to reply to other people... hay, i guess your only interested in what i have to say when i was slogging out my guts on stress test and making video report of issues found.

I noticed that you posted that
" Fixed: Electric devices (spotlight, cable reel, etc.) getting unplugged after server restart "
however I am still having an issue in that cable reels, work lights, christmas lights are all coming unplugged from power generators on server restarts. I have 2 generators in my base, both were placed not dropped, both were filled with fuel, and both had a spark plug attached/inserted. each one had 1 cable reel plugged into it directly as well as 1 work light. From there each cable reel also had 1 work light plugged into that. Upon server restart about 4 hours later, all 4 work lights, and both cable reels were unplugged. The generators are still there, still have their spark plugs, just nothing is plugged into them.

This is going to be a bit of another rant.  I feel like I'm the only one shouting and therefore not getting listened to. 

Tent placement is still a jock.  Even in an open field I was hard pressed to place a tent on the exact lvl ground for placement and they said they had improved tent placement (not from my experience in the current game).  Some thing that I have seen mentioned is the constant repair of items after a zombie fight.  This has been an issue for a very long time yet I haven't see it being balanced out.  The duct tape bug is helping with this imbalance and I bet the deves sort that out quickly, but not the OP damage infected do to your items.  Also mentioned the infected hitting you when they have their backs to you as well as poor fighting mechanics and that you actually merge with the infected during the fight making it so you can't hit them, but they sure as hell can hit you.  I would like to see drastic improvements in the gameplay and base building in the next patch not some nice shiney new gun or transport.  Yet I bet that's what the devs think we need.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, Fing said:

This is going to be a bit of another rant.  I feel like I'm the only one shouting and therefore not getting listened to. 

Dude- everyone is complaining... about everything. And rightly so. We all have major gripes... and most are equally severe. 

You are not “the only one shouting.” Not by a long shot. 

Just throw yours on the top of the pile like everyone else does. 

Although you’ve got my attention with this duct tape bug... what’s that?

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

54 minutes ago, eno said:

Dude- everyone is complaining... about everything. And rightly so. We all have major gripes... and most are equally severe. 

You are not “the only one shouting.” Not by a long shot. 

Just throw yours on the top of the pile like everyone else does. 

Duck tape will fix most things in game even guns, so that 's the bug i think he was talking about.

33 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Duck tape will fix most things in game even guns, so that 's the bug i think he was talking about.

It's always been that way... not sure that's a bug. 

in all fairness dock tape is also heavy at like 1kg and has only 3 or 4 uses. I hope they don't change the way it works now.

9 hours ago, eno said:

horrible bug....

Edited by uncommonsense

On 4/16/2019 at 1:25 AM, eno said:

The items that were despawning didn’t have camo net on them or got camo net very early on... nothing is missing- not even the car with half a dozen plugs hidden in it. 

So our walls are undoubtedly despawning. And the fact that crickets from anyone who had access to the information about whether this is intended or not is no surprise. Some Muppet complaining he doesn’t know what to do in game gets a response in minutes but we get frosted. Awesome. 

Soo... is it safe to finally nail some planks, or does the sentence "the persistence is fixed" come with some winking I'm not aware of?

11 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Where can I read up on the dev progress, now that SRs are gone?

Stable/Experimental threads when a new patch comes out, Twitter, Reddit and this forum in general. But it's mostly not about progress but rather questions being answered.

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Fing said:

Tent placement is still a jock.  Even in an open field I was hard pressed to place a tent on the exact lvl ground for placement and they said they had improved tent placement (not from my experience in the current game). 

I noticed some improvements in this area actually. Placing it on slope ground, even it is just a little, can prove difficult. However, I noticed no problems when placing it on flat areas in a field or forest. Before 1.02 it was even almost impossible to place it on a flat surface.

15 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Soo... is it safe to finally nail some planks, or does the sentence "the persistence is fixed" come with some winking I'm not aware of?

you can nail some planks, but somebody will come along and un nail them. .  if they dont camp out and wait for you. Also depends on your server, if they choose to wipe . . .

nothing is truly safe, but sometimes you get some nice surprises

• Beans 1

Still no battleye update. Users of the windows 10 1903 (18362) version can no longer play DayZ.
Battleye has completed the update for a long time, it only needs to be intigrated in Dayz.
The guys from pubg have done that for a long time. Why does not work for you?

With the new Windows version you will be removed from the game immediately.
Battleye then displays the following message: battleye corrupted memory #0

This mistake is known, when do you mind?

Sorry if this is starting to sound a bit like a Trolling by me....

But if you folks are still banging your heads against the cold, hard, and nonsensical wall of game build releases.....you might want to venture over to the Community Private servers for a few hours of "alternative In-Game sessions"....

I know it does nothing to help push the development forward, but it is safe to say, at this point, that our "input" has been largely ignored or at the very least disregarded as unworthy of their time....right?

So...think about your "true" perceptions of how YOU would like to experience YOUR DayZ hours....and then join a Community server that has the Mods (and more importantly, the player base) that suits your preferences.

While the Mod makers are still a slave to the weird and whacky game-breaking garbage that gets through the QA of each build, they can at least start to "show" us the potential that this project originally set out to achieve back in the early part of this decade.

You can have things like base building, health balance, item availability, weather, animals,...pretty much whatever you think is not done right.....and at the very LEAST you can have those issues tweaked or changed to at least enough of a level that you find your time spent on a server truly enjoyable, and less "frustrating" or "wasted".....

Now, before I get the replies from the folks that, quite rightfully, would say "if we just gave up on this then it would never get done" (and I have nothing but respect and gratitude for all those of you who actually did the testing and bug reporting and kept at the devs through all these years) I have to offer the suggestion that the DayZ SA project has become a stagnant and convoluted mess of a job that has become so directionless and poorly executed that our ultimate prize "may" be no better delivered than what we, unfortunately, have before us in the guise of 1.02.

That being the case (and I hope I am VERY wrong on this) then the Mod Makers and dedicated Private Server owners are going to have to take it from here....Devs….sorry...but time to let your project go...and time to give it to a crop of dedicated "fans" who can add their passion and talent to finally restore the foundation to something that is at least a well-implemented and stable game that we can simply enjoy and further enhance.

I, for one, consider the monthly donations to private server owners as EASILY the best money I have spent of this game......Never thought that would be the case, really.....I used to proclaim that the money I spent on a couple copies of the game was excellent value, considering the amount of time I have "played" it.... But realistically the way this project has gone has ultimately resulted in me being conditioned to consciously justify having to spend money to support those that have taken the game by it's horns and tried to make it something more closely resembling that of a polished (or at the least, more fully realized) Survival experience. That is a justifiable indictment on the way the development has gone at BI, I'm afraid, and speaks more of their failings as a game DEVELOPMENT Company and not simply as a project that did not quite go according plan. There have been SO many opportunities to get this back on track and more focused and at every turn it seems the "wrong" decisions have been made or at least the decisions that originally had started out as making sense have somehow been skewed to become counter productive or just plain failures.

So.... I will trust all of you faithful to consider this message and at least think about what I offer as my opinion on how to rekindle that enjoyment and thrill of the DayZ SA experience we all very much wanted out of the game when it first started out.

I don't find myself annoyed even a fraction of what I used to feel, at the bugs, game-breakers, and content failures, that seem to have the majority of Forum-goers up in arms with the Public Server experience...and I firmly keep to my opinion that the largest factor is the fact that I play on a server(s) that offer mods and admins that offer tweaks that, combined, result in a layer of "improvements" that help keep me immersed and enjoying DayZ....despite the best efforts of Bohemia Interactive to the contrary.

Cheers! And keep getting attached to your gear...and your character!

Edited by philbur
  • Beans 3

Philbur  thanks for your thoughts.  The moders and private hives are the only things keeping the game going.   I haven't found them to my liking, I'm more a vanilla servers sort of person.  Just wish the devs listened to us instead of what they think.  Although with all the noise out there which direction do they go in?  8 months left of fixing and implantation  and can they got the project finished in that time?  At this current rate I'm not convinced 😞

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Fing said:

Philbur  thanks for your thoughts.  The moders and private hives are the only things keeping the game going.   I haven't found them to my liking, I'm more a vanilla servers sort of person.  Just wish the devs listened to us instead of what they think.  Although with all the noise out there which direction do they go in?  8 months left of fixing and implantation  and can they got the project finished in that time?  At this current rate I'm not convinced 😞

Actually, in one of the December 2018 stream they said that the game they have envisioned will probably be finished in 2020.

Edited by amadieus

I just did some testing and found that this mod, which provides you with a 6 digit alpha/numeric combination works after restart. No destruction needed: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646187754. You'll need to be sure to add the code lock to the types.xml and remove the "combination lock". See the mod files for details.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I just did some testing and found that this mod, which provides you with a 6 digit alpha/numeric combination works after restart. No destruction needed: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646187754. You'll need to be sure to add the code lock to the types.xml and remove the "combination lock". See the mod files for details.

How many restarts did you try?

I'm asking because I had a new combo lock on a new gate and it survived two restarts but then ended up glitching over night at some point. So just want to make sure you verified this on multiple restarts and not just a couple.