ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

So, I am absolutely saddened and disgusted with the announcement of the lighting.   The fact the Bohemia doesn't even have the balls to stand up against the abusers is disgusting.   And no, this is not a case of the customer is always right.  These jackholes who have been bitching any whining about the dark nights will still log off when the night comes anyway so they may as well revert it and say fuck those players.  Hell, when Hicks was still around a comment he made was he didn't care if 10 people were playing it as long as it was the game that it should be.

Hell here's a good read and or listen 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, matiman said:

hope this helps (sorry for double posting this in the 2 thread but revelant...)

We'd attached a new lock after cutting- but it was new from our inventory. Not new new. 

Guys had no trouble putting the lock on. They said it "worked" whatever that means. 

I came in and tried it- code worked, however the lock stayed on the post. 

I fiddle fucked with it for awhile since even in the last patch you had to be standing about 2 feet away and in the middle of the fence looking down at the ground to attach the lock... figured maybe it was something easy. 

Maybe the lock became a "gate" item... and could be retrieved from that. Nope. 

Went about my business... logged off then came back and the lock was on the ground. Tried to use it again- no joy as I already described. 

All of your findings are consistent with what we've seen so far at least as far as our steps are concerned- we never tried rebuilding the whole gate because fuck that 10 times. You have the patience of a saint @matiman and we're lucky to have you.  

Edited by eno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

These jackholes who have been bitching any whining about the dark nights will still log off when the night comes anyway

Yeah...Pretty much nailed it...

This would not even be considered, if a Pro was calling the shots on this Dev Team, I'm sure of it.

Many of the decisions in the past three or four releases are complete mysteries to me...and a good number of "core" DayZ SA fans as well, I'm sure.

Fortunately, the Community Servers and the modders out there can at least give us the experience we so rightfully expect (and deserve).

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

ISSUES I've found this patch:

-Health. We STILL heal up WAY too fast, both blood and health. This needs to be changed drastically, from blinking red health to full only takes 10 minutes. Make it 50 minutes. We have no consequences from taking damage anymore, just hide for 5 minutes, (on average) drink a pipsi and you're all good. We literally heal up fully DURING FIREFIGHTS. Same with blood, I have yet to had the need to use a saline bag since 0.63 dropped. I really don't get this, why is it so fast/easy now? Make us change our tactics when we're hurt, give us a mission to get out of the situation safe and heal up. PLEASE.

-Dead players despawning way to fast, PLEASE GET ON THIS. If you are not very close by, dead players despawn in 5 minutes or less. This needs to be increased to 15 minutes atleast, the bodies disappear before the gunfight is even over now. By the time we get rid of the infected, kill the other players/check the area/patch ourself up etc, all the bodies and loot are gone. This issue really takes away the meaning of firefights, and I would think this should be easy to fix.

-Personal night light. This has been both defended and challenged to death, but this has ruined the night time in my opinion. I think I may have seen 3 people use a flashlight during the night since this came to experimental until now, and still half the server leaves during the night. Finding a flashlight and battery used to be top priority for me, now I don't even pick it up because no one is needing it, no one is going to risk being seen. Just get rid of this shit. I saw a suggestion of spawning in with a chemlight that you can attach on your person while having the hands free, this would fix everybody's problem.

-Sounds not being heard. I still find a lot of gunshots, infected aggro screams and wolf howls not being played.

-Weather. I see less variation in the weather now, most of the time it is sunny with clear skies and every sunrise and sunset looks the same. Very rarely is there fog, thick dark clouds and heavy winds or pouring rain. This has greatly taken away from the atmosphere of the game in my opinion.

-Temperature. When we get wet, we get shaking cold immediately. Then when we get indoors, we get warm and dry in seconds. This happens way too fast. This again is the same as the health problem, it takes away the need to make a fire and warm/dry back up. It also makes all the waterproof clothing/equipment useless. (Do they even work?)

-Hit registration on infected is very inconsistent, especially meleeing with one handed weapons.

-Infected is still a bit slow through doors.

-Motorbike helmets can stop pistol caliber bullets, this is just straight BS and they need to be nerfed in regards to this.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

One question... M70 tundra and Olga dont spawn in oficial servers? .. I am searching for hours .... and nothing .. ... no M70 no Olga .. any clue ?

1 hour ago, kataro said:

One question... M70 tundra and Olga dont spawn in oficial servers? .. I am searching for hours .... and nothing .. ... no M70 no Olga .. any clue ?

didn't seen a single one yet, same for .308 ammo and for plate pouch/holster

Edited by matiman

19 minutes ago, matiman said:

thats because .308 ammo is spawning only in a hunting/farming buildings tier 2/3/4  while the .308 ammoboxes are military tier 2/3/4 loot , they cant even do a loot distribution properly/logically(no shotgun ammo at zeds, no 308 ammo at zeds etc, meanwhile .45+5.56 ammo is fucking everywhere in a soviet/former-soviet country)

53 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

thats because .308 ammo is spawning only in a hunting/farming buildings tier 2/3/4  while the .308 ammoboxes are military tier 2/3/4 loot , they cant even do a loot distribution properly/logically(no shotgun ammo at zeds, no 308 ammo at zeds etc, meanwhile .45+5.56 ammo is fucking everywhere in a soviet/former-soviet country)

Where are the pouches and holster for the plate carrier? What type of spawn location?

@ImpulZ I can confirm the Padlock workaround, generously tested by @matiman

Seems like this particular Base Building mechanic requires the parts to be of the 1.02 build.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eno said:

Where are the pouches and holster for the plate carrier? What type of spawn location?

Ive got a pistol holster, and found three pouches at a military location in a container . .. left the pouches . . a 12kg plate carrier isnt on my list . . . too heavy

3 hours ago, matiman said:

not seen the new guns or rounds yet

Edited by aux7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, eno said:

pouches - military tier 1/2, pistol holster - military tier 3/4

• Beans 1

Hey Dudes....

what can i do ? Server crash every hour.....

[cheat] HandleInputData man=SurvivorBase<8460890> is cheating with cmd=SYNC_MOVE src={ type=GROUND item=ItemBase<c6b19280> pos=(1540.96, 440.188, 13569.1) dir=(-0.0254673, 0.702892, -0.710384, -0.0254673) } dst={ type=CARGO item=ItemBase<c6b19280> parent=AliceBag_Black<d66fca90> idx=0 row=2 col=2 }
Class:      'DayZPlayerInventory'
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c:44
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:339
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:292

Mfg Burschi

24 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

pouches - military tier 1/2, pistol holster - military tier 3/4

@schwaBAM

Is it me or is this game going backwards on the vanilla servers.  I haven't come across a mill tent, M4, Ak in over a month now.  Car tyres are hard to find as well.  I don't want to go back to the days of loads of high end items, but not coming across these Items once in a blue moon in high risk areas is very poor.  And it should be easy for the deves to up the number of these items on the server ffs.  They are killing the game for me.  And when are the Ladas going to improve? I drove the sedan on EXP and it was a far better drive and offroader than the Lada.

I honestly don’t know why people are complaining about scrolling in this patch. Scrolling was so much worse in 1.01... It takes no time at all now.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Beans 3

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I honestly don’t know why people are complaining about scrolling in this patch. Scrolling was so much worse in 1.01... It takes no time at all now.

People are complaining because of all the esoteric bullshit few gave a fuck about that was probably at the top of the list. 

• Beans 1

Whilst there is many things left un-addressed & broken or just simply removed that I am disgruntled about, why does most of this community scream at any change that fulfills dayz's legacy and vision? (remember getting shot standing still when shuffling your inventory because you didnt address it earlier? Won't do that again!) Have you actually tried the new feature for shuffling your inventory?...Really, scrolling is your issue because it takes to long? Sigh not the defunct controls, bunny hopping, night lights and other critical features that made dayz or not.. 

This is a non issue and it is due to laziness and playstyle. Usually in dayz you make a mistake once or twice before you learn a hard lesson only to then adapt or die. Rinse and repeat. If you don't learn, you die a lot and become frustrated possibly rage quitting. You didn't make the cut, that is cool, maybe dayz was not for you? We don't all make the cut sometimes.

Not so much these days, the majority take the path of least resistance, something dayz was never about. It punished the easy way.

Every decision you make has a meaning and an implication.  This includes inventory management and other basic tasks you don't think about straight away. If you stuff your inventory completely choccas and use no personal sorting system, you will end up hindering your self later on especially when shite hits the fun.

If you don't want to scroll as much, get better at inventory management. The devs added in a way so we can sort and prioritise what goes where. Use the up/down arrow and re arrange to your liking. You want to access everything from the gui? Store "food" in one clothing piece and collapse it or whatever else is un important. No need to have it viewable when looting etc  If you can't be bothered or don't want to. Stop. Complaining.. I thought I was going to be the only one left playing after Hicks stated he couldn't care if there was only 1 person playing but at this rate, it will be the casuals left looking for their next kill whilst the old timers lick their wounds and wondered what happened 😞 

Collapsed inventory with open empty shirt and boots

Spoiler

OKsCbRy.jpg

Inventory A

Spoiler

s0VjEd9.jpg

Inventory B

Spoiler

meJCRg3.jpg

Inventory C

Spoiler

2ZBcXTh.jpg

Inventory D

Spoiler

ww6OngD.jpg

Inventory E

Spoiler

Q7MipRC.png

@ImpulZ

I see you mentioned about the glow worm at night and it was for helping to prevent gamma abuse. Could you please elaborate how this glow worm at night is to stop the abuse of raising your gamma? As far as I can see, it has not stopped people from externally abusing gamma and only hinders those who play legit. I mean I could use nvdia control panel to up the gamma, using a icc profile in windowed mode with light gamma, or sweetfx reshade and so on. What does this solve for the legit players? Is the thinking behind this that it was hoped that those who upped their gamma would not do it anymore? If so that is wishful thinking.

Also now we have walking when in the inventory, could you please pass on to add my beloved walking toggle back to whoever is responsible (and other toggles)? Hand strain is getting real now that the controls are so very unergonomic. 

Old arma/dayz controls were clunky but in a good way. We had fine control for all movements including, walk/jog/sprint toggle / 3 stage fov on numpad or trackir z axis/mouse smoothing/ aiming deadzone/6 DOF Track IR. It accomodated everything for everyone albeit with a steep learning curve.  Don't want to use it, disable it! The new dayz controls are clunky but in a very bad way for the keyboard and mouse player. This whole convoluted way of finger streching olympics is crazy.  I get you guys want to seperate dayz from arma and pidgeon hole certain playstyles and discourage others (devs you shouldnt be doing this ever!) but please stop changing it at the expense of others playstyle. This has been consistent through out development sadly. The control scheme doesnt even make sense.

If anything shows in dayz history,  players will rebel harder the more you try to change itheir playstyle (griefers are still going to grief, gamma cheaters are still going to cheat and so on, it has not changed and it never will)  Now I am left with a player controller that is dysfunctional and lacking any real fine control and everything else that goes with it.  First Person is also hindered by not using exclusive animations but rather using its 3rd person animations. Is this eventually getting swapped over to its own anims like previously mentioned and will the missing variable  3 stage fov/aiming deadzone /smoothing return/ functional 6dof track ir returning?

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, nuggit said:

I see you mentioned about the glow worm at night and it was for helping to prevent gamma abuse. Could you please elaborate how this glow worm at night is to stop the abuse of raising your gamma? As far as I can see, it has not stopped people from externally abusing gamma and only hinders those who play legit. I mean I could use nvdia control panel to up the gamma, using a icc profile in windowed mode with light gamma, or sweetfx reshade and so on. What does this solve for the legit players? Is the thinking behind this that it was hoped that those who upped their gamma would not do it anymore? If so that is wishful thinking.

If you have any possibilities for efficient gamma abuse, submit it with screenshots to our Feedback Tracker. We are not saying that our solution is optimal and it will need further tweaking, but we intend to make DayZ a fair playground and not ignore exploits.

Also now we have walking when in the inventory, could you please pass on to add my beloved walking toggle back to whoever is responsible (and other toggles)? Hand strain is getting real now that the controls are so very unergonomic.

The team is aware of the issue (as a roleplayer it's one of my personal issues as well), and we will hopefully see the return of the walk-toggle soon. 🙂

Old arma/dayz controls were clunky but in a good way. We had fine control for all movements including, walk/jog/sprint toggle / 3 stage fov on numpad or trackir z axis/mouse smoothing/ aiming deadzone/6 DOF Track IR. It accomodated everything for everyone albeit with a steep learning curve.  Don't want to use it, disable it! The new dayz controls are clunky but in a very bad way for the keyboard and mouse player. This whole convoluted way of finger streching olympics is crazy.  I get you guys want to seperate dayz from arma and pidgeon hole certain playstyles and discourage others (devs you shouldnt be doing this ever!) but please stop changing it at the expense of others playstyle. This has been consistent through out development sadly. The control scheme doesnt even make sense. 

You have several issues here. TrackIR is third party software/hardware support, which cannot be a priority at this stage (we have a first implementation though). We are aware of certain control difficulties and are working on that (e.g. the return of the ADS toggle with 1.02). This is not about discouraging certain playstyles, but creating an immersive gameplay where players intuitively resemble their intentions in-game.

• Beans 2

52 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

The team is aware of the issue (as a roleplayer it's one of my personal issues as well), and we will hopefully see the return of the walk-toggle soon. 🙂

This made me all giddy, thank you!

Hopefully along with double-tap W (or whatever key a player has set to default run forward) to "toggle" sprinting until out of stamina or release of W?

Pleeeeeease? I'm old, I am stiff, I have clumsy fingers... stretching to reach shi(f)t, ctrl or alt or whatever while having W pressed is painful...

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Quick question on nightlight:

Do other players see another players glow from their personal nightlight?

38 minutes ago, RAM-bo4250 said:

Quick question on nightlight:

Do other players see another players glow from their personal nightlight?

No. 

I appreciate you acknowledging this @ImpulZ.  As to several issues, there not really issues are they? it's either cut features or it's getting added back in eventually, right? If eventually, then I am a happy chappy. I am only antsy because everything that has been said and implemented says otherwise and I felt like all these features are just culled and not coming back.

I know as a track  ir user I am in the minority and don't expect this to be addressed any time soon, I have stated this openly in many posts and know this will be fixed eventually, I'm happy for that, I am more concerned with other features that tie into 6 DOF and overall player experience. Features that matter when not using track ir that is vital for first person.

I am more concerned with the removal of a lot of the character functions and if any of this will be permanently removed. or eventually added back in like variable fov (numpad -/+} peripheal vision view for clearing buildings, normal view and eye focus. and will aiming deadzone be reimplemented down the track along with mouse smoothing? At this stage I really dont know if this was cut to de-militarize it or the opposite and it is a time thing.I have been secretly hoping for the latter but it is time I asked.

I'm not digging through years of this stuff to quote and timestamp a few vids but it was stated multiple times with carefully chosen words as to why some of these things changed and in part was to curb the kos mentality and to promote interaction. Look at the coastal fog as an ie!  Gews also asked Eugen about the fixed fov when aiming ads and it was said this may not change which has had me worried ever since, especially since most functions I use are now gone in game and the control scheme is just unergonomic. that's all i want to know regarding this "issue".  Also regarding  the finger olympics and the control scheme. Have you tried to walk, whilst free looking and then using focus vision to keep your head on a swivel. It is not a fun time with how much we need to be alert in dayz. 

Stay with me here as I was halfway through typing out a post before you quoted me. Regarding gamma abuse below

this is kind of conflicting and I'll show why further below.

On 4/10/2019 at 1:23 AM, ImpulZ said:

Because of the massive gamma abuse. For this reason any general increase in lighting is sadly not possible. Short range lighting is a compromise to make gamma abuse redundant, while still offering players trapped in the dark (for whatever reason) a gameplay environment in which they can make reasonable decisions without having to stumble through complete blackness. Light sources still increase lighting way more efficient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any possibilities for efficient gamma abuse, submit it with screenshots to our Feedback Tracker. We are not saying that our solution is optimal and it will need further tweaking, but we intend to make DayZ a fair playground and not ignore exploits.

I would say if this fake glow worm fixed the gamma abuse, it would be more then optimal and a perfect solution and I will retract everything negative I have to say about it.. If it genuinely fixed gamma abuse I could understand this and get behind it 100% BUT....

What I take out of these 2 statements from you are,

A) Gamma abuse is MASSIVE.  

B) a compromise was decided on in house so everyone can now see at night and gamma abuse is now REDUNDANT. so no one gets left in the dark alone  and everyone is on the same playing level (sounds perfect actually as redundant = no longer useful or loss of employment) If only you could predict what the players do, doh!

C)  The new solution was not optimal and gamma boosting is still a thing and the devs knew but is considered negligible unless someone can "efficiently" abuse gamma still or it never was for gamma abuse

Did the team move the posts on what is considered gamma abuse and what isn't? Is there a difference between gamma abuse and efficient gamma abuse? Is it only deemed efficient if it takes no effort to gamma abuse? I dont know and this is confusing why you chose that word. I think this is not a language barrier thing either.

Gamma abuse and the way to do it has not changed since the beginning. I stated that either gpu control panel or reshade/sweetfx is viable for gamma abuse without even trying it myself, as I knew the outcome. Your asking me to put in a ticket and waste more developers time which is precious, chasing up this which would take up far more time and resources then a simple alt tab on a test machine or personal pc and into the amd/nvdia control panel. I wonder how many tickets are wasters and floating around waiting for the team to look at them all. If this fix was supposed to stop gamma abuse, why didn't the team pick this up that it made it far easier to abuse the gamma?  I actually don't think this night light was for gamma abuse or just not tested, it just cannot be, logically.  It makes no sense for the effect it created unless I have completely misread or interpreted things. I just don't see why I should submit this and waste everyones precious time.

Am I wrong here in saying this? 

I want a fair playing ground more then anyone but this feels like a lost cause. You cannot have a fair even playing field in dayz., ever. It is the nature of the game and  certain game decisions that were made early on. You can't stop gamma abuse completely, you can't stop people chatting outside of games via discord/TS, you cannot stop a player in fp getting abused by the 3p camera player. You can mimimise it but not eradicate it. There is a huge amount of things that are unfair and it won't change. You cannot predict humans. They dont have navmeshes and 1s and 0s where they can/cannot go. Their not sheep and like being told where to go (debatable) Humans can be very creative with the littlest of resources. One thing I am certain of is humans are great at adapting and overcoming. I am sure a little shove in the other direction could do wonders, you could be surprised. There is a reason this anti game blew up so big and held player retentiuon. Go to far in the other direction and you lose them but gain others.

Its a double edged sword I know and the backlash is strong whatever way you lean.

Is this what you would call gamma abuse or rather efficient gamma abuse? I have never abused gamma before but looks efficient to me. No wonder why I was killed so much back in 2013/2014 and everyone was whinging about it THEN  Been awhile since I have heard of people whinge about the night stalkers 😄 

(I can actually see better then what my phone picked up in game.)

Spoiler

nlgffzf.jpg

1o4DBJJ.jpg

Spoiler

kyH1aNW.jpg

5osKiEl.jpg

Spoiler

avJcFLH.jpg

uCQxneL.jpg

I really don't think colours and fake lighting is a winner for curbing gamma abuse, if that was the intended effect for adding it in. I can't see many ways around this if you want to stop it honestly. 

for funsies, a throwback to 2015! 

Spoiler

XVy8LtK.jpg

wpyVcdO.png

W10mlSx.png

Confirmed ..... M70 tundra , olga,  308 ammo  Lar  dont spawn in  oficial servers ......  run in many oficial server after restart and found nothing ....in one  comunity (vanilla no mods) server found 308 ammo, olgas, tundra,  in 30 minutes

3 hours ago, kataro said:

Confirmed ..... M70 tundra , olga,  308 ammo  Lar  dont spawn in  oficial servers ......  run in many oficial server after restart and found nothing ....in one  comunity (vanilla no mods) server found 308 ammo, olgas, tundra,  in 30 minutes

I'm not sure it's linked with official/community servers. Do you know if this community server was running on public or private hive ?

I have a vanilla community server on public hive, I've played about 50h on 1.02, and I didn't see a single new item either.

My current play style is to setup few "bases" around the map (it's more camps with a couples of fences/doors mostly, that I used as a logistic platform to store various stuffs, like medical supply, car parts, weapons/ammo or building materials). So I'm looting all kinds of city/buildings/military and stashing like a madman. I'm sure these items are just not spawning,  or I would have find at least one.

I currently have 2 theories :

- new items just don't spawn at all on public hive ? (that means official server but also community/public hive like mine)

- these items requires a wipe to spawn ?

I'm thinking mostly about the olga. I guess the CLE have a max number of car per server let's say 20 (no idea if it's the correct number, just an example) and from my experience cars don't seem to despawn except when destroyed.

Since 1.02 ADA was the only car, so it's likely 20 ADAs spawned accross my server. Since I didn't wipe after 1.02, these 20 ADAs are still there, and the max number is still 20 cars. Therefore, no Olga should ever spawn until I destroyed few ADAs ?

What you guys think ?

For the survivor that found these items, do you know if you ever found some on public hive server ?