ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

2 hours ago, Rufus Rage said:

I've read a few comments about the combo locks and here is my experience. The locks lose their code after a server restart and what ever gate they were attached to will no longer accept a lock.
I've used two methods besides cutting the lock off that have worked every time.

1 - Brute force: Start going through the various combinations as slow as it is.
2 - Remove the wire from the gate and turn it back into a fence.

In both methods however the lock will not drop to the ground. You will actually see two locks on the post, one facing towards you and the other facing away. You must the log out and back in to get the lock. When you log back in the lock will be on the ground. If you used method 1 open the gate and pick up the lock. If you used method 2 you will need to re-attach the wire and turn the fence back into a gate because the lock is under the fence and not accessible otherwise.

The gate itself is no longer lockable. You must completely tear down the gate/fence including the posts and then rebuild. Or if you have another section of fence you can use you can turn it into a gate. This unfortunately only lasts until the next server restart after which you're back to square one.

This is so fucking stupid. 

What the fuck is experimental even for? 

Sorry but this is just idiotic. 

Rufus that is not at all pointed at you, btw. 

• Beans 3

9 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

thats because in dayz vehicle simulation is driven by server, not clientside like in arma, i really want to see how helicopter(s) will work at(after) E3( or gamescom, not sure now) when even the two cars we have now dont work properly

Well, then this might be a big bad core decision and needs to be redone properly in months of extra time.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1

First of all thank you guys for the feedback, let's try to go through most of the points you mentioned.

On 4/7/2019 at 5:24 PM, Guy Smiley said:

Thirst and hunger are glitched.  Instead only losing x3 thirst and hunger when sprinting, we are only losing x2.  And it's takes a lot longer for the hunger to kick in.  Then again, this could be on purpose as BI seems to be dumbing the game down anyway.  Night light and all you  know.

This probably refers to the patchnotes: Tweaked: Water and energy metabolism slowed down by approximately 1/5th

According to this change we are reducing the amount of food and water which is spawned. We know it's not at the right spot yet, but having massively high consumption rates is also not the way to go. Balancing on this will continue.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:58 AM, Alphonso said:

1) The cars are very easy to destroy, after repairing 9 and driving them we saw many problems. such as falling unconscious in some cars, such as destroying the car by hurting an object within 10 km / h. or even the car been destroying when you just put the contact ? 

16 hours ago, krazikilla said:
  • basebuilding in vanilla is still useless as there are so many ways to break in in 30sec to a minute (saw lock, break fence, jump over, bruteforce code,...)

• Cars are still fundamentally broken, if they are not flying

Those issues require further balancing, vehicles also still have a lot of fixing ahead of them.

2) Gasoline goes down too fast if you compare the time it takes to fill a jerrycan with gasoline.

3) When we connected several times, the first time we aimed at the weapon also fired, which is really problematic ... 

5) At times we can no longer perform any actions, open doors etc, nothing displays, for no apparent reason.

• doors seem to be desynced often, especially in little red restaurants, you often get delayed for just half a second when walking trough any open doors.
  • Items can get bugged in trees again, so you cannot reach it (was fixed in 1.01)
  • If you are accessing barrels, seachests.. near Fences, you often cannot access the containers. Would be great if we get a special section for building stuff, it gets messy soo fast.

We have received reports on these issues and are looking into them. If you have exact reproduction steps on any of them, please report them to our Feedback Tracker.

6) Zombies always pass through certain doors. 

• Bushes and branches from trees still block Bullets VERY effectivly.

We haven't received any evidence of this being the case and all internal testing shows that the system is working. Feel free to submit any video recordings of these issues to our Feedback Tracker, as obviously more details are required (infected are able to go through which type of doors? Which plant is supposedly blocking bullets?).

4) The mufflers goes from worn to ruined in sometimes two magazines: /

This is intended to make players think when to use a suppressor. It might be adjusted at a later stage.

BULLET DAMAGE:

1.  Bullet damage or hit dedection is very much broken. Bullets in general are too weak. They should drop people way faster (not necessarily kill!). I am NOT talking about armored targets (plate carriers,..)
  2.     example1:  try hitting someone with a FNX 45  in the throat/neck.  - Right now he will happily shoot and kill you afterwards, then bandage and is good to go. Neck should be a vital organ, or at least a unconsious ness and rapid bloodloss thing
  3.     example2:  try hitting some unarmored target with a makarov 3-5 times center mass.  He will not care too much.
  4.     example3:  try hitting some unarmored target with an M4 in center mass. he will happily run on after 2-3 hits, if you dont hit vitals. He should be at least on the ground ofc.
  5.     example4:  while Buckshots are the best workinga ammo for now, Pellets are like shooting with BBs, i am not even sure if they hurt anyone?
  6.     example5:  Hit a guy with the winchester, center mass, 300m,  he had an assault vest.  Yep, he most likely will run on.
  7.     you could add a little randomness about some stuff, about how long someone is unconsious, about bleeding (which should be much stronger when hit with higher calibre)
  8.     in general mostly all guns feel to weak (just Buckshot shotgun is fine), maybe consult the ArmA Military guys about correct values.
  • There needs to be a certain separation in tiers to make strong weapons viable. At the same time, "weak" weapons can still be deadly. Headshots with any pistol cause unconsciousness to a player without helmet, and kill when hitting the brain.
  • The neck currently is counted as part of the torso, and thus more resilient to bullets (your example 1). Also the shoulders are counted as parts of the arms, taking less overall damage. We will work on that in the future.
  • You are mostly focussing on Mexican standoffs, where players empty their magazines into each other. So in example 2 you used the weakest weapon in the game inefficient, hitting only the body with not even half of the magazine capacity. Three shots render a player without protection unconscious. The target is left with 40-60 percent of their health (meaning seriously wounded and slowed down), as well as bleeding from multiple wounds.
  • In example 3 the player goes unconscious after two shots and dies after the third.
  • Example 4 we do not recommend to try at home. The ammunition used in the game (12 gauge buckshot 00) has 8 pellets with 8.38 mm diameter shooting at you, normally used for hunting medium/large animals and for military close-combat. It kills. You probably confused birdshot with buckshot.
  • In example 5 you most likely ruined his vest, but it saved him from going unconscious.
  • Randomness is mostly not the way to go about it, as we want to have a fair game. DayZ can be punishing enough already.
  • The feeling that guns are weak comes from missing factors such as broken limbs. But aim for the head and you will quickly see how powerful guns really are.

INVENTORY USER INTERFACE:

1.  a lot of bullets look exactly the same now, just with different coloured tips.  (9mm VS 45.ACP for example) 
  2.  as the new UI is so big, it looks very messy, not clean anymore, no clean borders anymore  (check before and after: https://imgur.com/a/ELBmhx0)
  3.  lot of icons are bigger than the cells (Scorpion for example)
  4.  you are forced to scroll up and down a lot if you want to sort your inventory. (the sorting containers up/down is NO solution for this, mostly a workaround)
  1. Bullets have similar images for pistol ammunition, intermediate and large cartridges. Except for their cartridges, bullets mostly look the same. We are looking at how well players are adapting to this change over time and will apply changes where we see fit.
  2. We prefer big icons to show players clearly which item they have.
  3. This is still work in progress.
  4. Scrolling should take a split second mostly, additionally you can sort and open/close containers, as mentioned.
10 hours ago, Rufus Rage said:

I've read a few comments about the combo locks and here is my experience. The locks lose their code after a server restart and what ever gate they were attached to will no longer accept a lock.
I've used two methods besides cutting the lock off that have worked every time.

1 - Brute force: Start going through the various combinations as slow as it is.
2 - Remove the wire from the gate and turn it back into a fence.

In both methods however the lock will not drop to the ground. You will actually see two locks on the post, one facing towards you and the other facing away. You must the log out and back in to get the lock. When you log back in the lock will be on the ground. If you used method 1 open the gate and pick up the lock. If you used method 2 you will need to re-attach the wire and turn the fence back into a gate because the lock is under the fence and not accessible otherwise.

The gate itself is no longer lockable. You must completely tear down the gate/fence including the posts and then rebuild. Or if you have another section of fence you can use you can turn it into a gate. This unfortunately only lasts until the next server restart after which you're back to square one.

We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, which probably means it's either caused by a mod or by leftover locks from previous patches.

So, if you encounter this issue on an official server, please write a report to our Feedback Tracker, including server IP and location of the base lock that's not working. If it happens on a private server, try to submit the storage files of that server with location.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

22 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

We are not able to reproduce this issue internally, which probably means it's either caused by a mod or by leftover locks from previous patches.

I experienced the same issues on locks since the day one of the 1.02. Currently it's impossibile for me to lock the base: I can't add lock to gates (and after update I had to break the ones already placed). I play on a public server, no private, no mods.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Starful1 said:

I experienced the same issues on locks since the day one of the 1.02. Currently it's impossibile for me to lock the base: I can't add lock to gates (and after update I had to break the ones already placed). I play on a public server, no private, no mods.

Thanks.

45 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

So, if you encounter this issue on an official server, please write a report to our Feedback Tracker, including server IP and location of the base lock that's not working.

hello

i need help

i buy this game

and i dont know what to do

please any one can help me ?

Edited by 3d Dimension
word not right

@ImpulZ

sorry, so you think it is anywhere near realistic that you hit someone center mass with a .308 round and he will walk it off?

If you think weapon damage is not imbalanced and unrealistic big time, i suggest you to play the game a bit more.

Same with new inventory.

Please go ahead and sort some items from a jacket to a big backpack and post a video of how intuitive it is. Even when you sort the containers manually correct first, its a big scrollfest.

About basebuilding, when you think the team will start fixing the values? 5months after 1.0 almost no one uses basebuilding in vanilla.

With pellets i mean SLUGs btw.

56 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

@ImpulZ

sorry, so you think it is anywhere near realistic that you hit someone center mass with a .308 round and he will walk it off?

If you think weapon damage is not imbalanced and unrealistic big time, i suggest you to play the game a bit more.

Same with new inventory.

Please go ahead and sort some items from a jacket to a big backpack and post a video of how intuitive it is. Even when you sort the containers manually correct first, its a big scrollfest.

About basebuilding, when you think the team will start fixing the values? 5months after 1.0 almost no one uses basebuilding in vanilla.

Well first off.  Can you fit a car battery in your pants?  In your hoody?  Probably not so we already no realism has been thrown out the window.  Yet, people want guns to be realistic but the rest of the game no?  I mean we have an extremely unrealistic inventory system and our bodies glow at night 🤦

• Thanks 1

@ImpulZ 

While bullet damage can certainly use more tweaking, and the lack of fractures and vitals beyond the brain is evident, in my experience it works fairly well. What I'd wish to see is a little more realistic player reactions to getting hit. When a headshot doesn't kill (due to not hitting the brain or a helmet saving our butt) we should definitely be knocked unconscious. A hit to the torso should knock the breath out of our lungs (drain the temporary stamina) so we can't sprint or jump directly after getting hit. Getting hit in the legs should have a chance of knocking us prone and force a limp until the wound is bandaged (even after broken bones is back). 

Other things:

The night light. Oh boy. This has to go, sooner rather than later, it looks absolutely terrible. But, if you are going to keep it, at least adjust it so it doesn't break the game:

1. Reduce the range, it shouldn't illuminate anything further than arm's length from the character. if you want to see further - use a light source. Now nobody wants to use a light source, because they can see well enough to move around without exposing themselves by using a flare or whatever.
  2. Remove colours. Even if we are willing to pretend that the night light is simulating ultra-efficient human night vision we should not be able to see colours. Trees glowing green and berries glowing red is extremely unrealistic, this has to be fixed.
  3. Reduce the light radiance. Some bright textures, mostly trees and building interiors, glow far too strongly, making these places look like the player has a UV disco light on top of his head. Also, the fact the night light kicks in long before it becomes dark makes some environments look very odd at dawn and dusk.

Sad thing is the night light has achieved nothing. People who hate playing at night still won't do it, since they will settle for nothing less than it being turned into a blue filter so they can keep running and gunning. People who love the nights hate it, since it ruins the experience. I love playing at night but I can barely stand it now, since the damn thing can't be disabled.

Most of all I'd like to know why this experiment with a night light is attempted, instead of working with ambient light from moon and stars interacting with cloud cover.? The ultra dark nights would be rare. Also, provide new spawns with a couple of chemlights instead? Make it possible to attach them to your hat/coat/backpack/whatever. (Add an attachment slot like the fish hook slot on boonie hats, just for chemlights). Why a fake, invisible client-side personal light? It doesn't make any sense!

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, krazikilla said:

Have you tried it?

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Well first off.  Can you fit a car battery in your pants?  In your hoody?  Probably not so we already no realism has been thrown out the window.  Yet, people want guns to be realistic but the rest of the game no?  I mean we have an extremely unrealistic inventory system and our bodies glow at night

Each item has a weight and volume - the specific gravity of the item.
This is the basis of the principle of handling the item, according to which the item must receive permission to be placed in a pants pocket or backpack.
But I think that this change and complication of conditions will not play for a long time. After an hour of play, you will understand what and where you can fold.
Is it worth it to remake in the game and put priority on this?

1 hour ago, Derleth said:

While bullet damage can certainly use more tweaking, and the lack of fractures and vitals beyond the brain is evident, in my experience it works fairly well. What I'd wish to see is a little more realistic player reactions to getting hit. When a headshot doesn't kill (due to not hitting the brain or a helmet saving our butt) we should definitely be knocked unconscious. A hit to the torso should knock the breath out of our lungs (drain the temporary stamina) so we can't sprint or jump directly after getting hit. Getting hit in the legs should have a chance of knocking us prone and force a limp until the wound is bandaged (even after broken bones is back).  

Fully agree with your description.
Here are some shots of the video about how this happens, which can save lives and some reactions.

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

@ImpulZ

I personally doubt I could walk off a knife stab that easily, not even mentioning any type of gunfire. But this is a game. And you are ignoring that more than half of the players health is gone and he is bleeding.

The team is getting to it, but just you are discussing 5 different topics with us that need design attention. It's a lot of work and will be handled over time.

Those kill as well, we are talking about 12 gauge shotgun slugs, mostly used for hunting deer and pigs.

When a headshot doesn't kill (due to not hitting the brain or a helmet saving our butt) we should definitely be knocked unconscious.

If the player is not wearing a helmet, any shot to the head will knock them out. We want helmets to give a certain protective value against projectiles. So once a player is wearing a helmet, you will have to use stronger projectiles to achieve an effect.

why this experiment with a night light is attempted, instead of working with ambient light from moon and stars interacting with cloud cover.?

Because of the massive gamma abuse. For this reason any general increase in lighting is sadly not possible. Short range lighting is a compromise to make gamma abuse redundant, while still offering players trapped in the dark (for whatever reason) a gameplay environment in which they can make reasonable decisions without having to stumble through complete blackness. Light sources still increase lighting way more efficient.

Reduce the range, it shouldn't illuminate anything further than arm's length from the character. if you want to see further - use a light source. Now nobody wants to use a light source, because they can see well enough to move around without exposing themselves by using a flare or whatever.

It is specifically to help players find a light source and offer sufficient motivation to continue on and find a light source.

• Remove colours. Even if we are willing to pretend that the night light is simulating ultra-efficient human night vision we should not be able to see colours. Trees glowing green and berries glowing red is extremely unrealistic, this has to be fixed.
  • Reduce the light radiance. Some bright textures, mostly trees and building interiors, glow far too strongly, making these places look like the player has a UV disco light on top of his head. Also, the fact the night light kicks in long before it becomes dark makes some environments look very odd at dawn and dusk.

We are looking into further balancing of the light.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Because of the massive gamma abuse. For this reason any general increase in lighting is sadly not possible. Short range lighting is a compromise to make gamma abuse redundant, while still offering players trapped in the dark (for whatever reason) a gameplay environment in which they can make reasonable decisions without having to stumble through complete blackness. Light sources still increase lighting way more efficient.

It is specifically to help players find a light source and offer sufficient motivation to continue on and find a light source.

We are looking into further balancing of the light.

Thank you for  your response @ImpulZ, although the contents make me depressed. It is absolutely horrifying to read that the gamma cheating some players were doing has led to proper night lighting in the game being off the table.

I know it is not your fault, but with this you have literally let cheaters destroy part of the game, because to have these ultra dark nights even with a full moon on a clear sky looks very bad. It looked so much better in the earlier 0.63 builds up to beta, with moonlight casting shadows and illuminating objects. That we can't have this because of gamma-abusers makes me want to break stuff.

This brings me to two suggestions:

• Please make it possible to turn the night light on/off in the video settings, and for server owners to block it with a simple 1 or 0 in the config, it should not require modding.
  • Make it possible for server owners or modders to turn on/off the anti-gamma measure and work with night lighting. I would prefer locking myself into a white-listed server with the game looking good, than keep playing like this.

Fudge.

Next: "It is specifically to help players find a light source and offer sufficient motivation to continue on and find a light source."  Please, understand this, but by implementing it this way you guys have removed nearly all incentive to find and/or use light sources... Nobody needs a light source, it is simply not worth the risk involved when you see well enough to move around without. The magic lamp is risk free, so people choose to go with that or - still - log off and wait for daylight...

So, make it just strong enough to help the character make out things in his immediate surroundings, no more than 2-3 meters. The magic light cannot be allowed to be strong enough to make proper light sources obsolete, work on making those easier to find and use instead. Make the flare last longer and not be snuffed out in the rain, make chemlights common on the coast, make them possible to strap to clothes so you can smack infected with your hatchet. Infected are dangerous enough in the dark now that we need not be forced to punch them to death...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

I personally doubt I could walk off a knife stab that easily, not even mentioning any type of gunfire. But this is a game. And you are ignoring that more than half of the players health is gone and he is bleeding.

Well, you say it. Melee damage is the next big issue. I should not run around after beeing hit 5 times by a hatchet in my chest or face. It just feels wrong. Same with several knifestabs in my head. This is all still not tweaked, not feeling correct. For now a can of baked beans is more effective in a melee fight than a hatchet a knife or even a matchete. No i am not ignoring that only! half of the health is gone and the player is bleeding, i painfully realise that.  (its just too less damage)

I think a big problem with dayZ for now is that you are maybe ignoring (forgetting?) or at least move too far away, from where dayZ is coming from. Its coming from a Milsim game, ArmA.

As far as i know, OFP and ArmA (1,2,3) didnt care too much if it was a game or not, it tried to be as close to reality as possible about bullet velocity,  damage values, ballistics in general.And dayZ got popular because it was unforgiving, hard, brutal and had the most real feeling gunplay compared to other games. 

This is an island position of the BIS games and you are just (partitially) ditching it in DayZ. You are saying yourself "but its a game". While i agree that you must balance a lot of things in a game,  dayZ became popular because it was NOT balanced. Because it was unfair and harsh. Because you went down if you got hit with a high calibre rifle.

In the meaning that a .308 round in your unarmored chest must knock you down at the very least.  Yes, 1 shot. Not just let you limp away with half health left and slightly bleeding where you can wait 5 minutes until you bandage.This example is standing for a lot of too weak bullet effects. And again, i am not talking that every bullet should kill you and i am not talking about body armor. Very often this stuff should knock you down and/or unconsious at least.A lot of bullet wounds can be survivable but dont let you fight back anymore.  The values in 0.62 felt sooo much better than now. Could you not just take most of them and reuse them for the current ballistics?

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Have you tried it?

About the new inventorry, Thanks @lex__1

you showed it perfectly in your video.

First you have to do some clicks to sort the container closer to the container you want to switch stuff around. This will already set you off focus.  Second you still had to scroll around to properly see the just changed container. While In the old userinterface no sorting, no scrolling was needed for the same action. You just drag and dropped the item because you saw almost (it was not perfect!)  all of your equipment in one screen.

So for an action you now need around 8 seconds (if trained) + more clicks + scrolling,  you needed maybe 3 seconds before, no extra clicks and no scrolling.   This is a big step backwards about software ergonomics. Not to forget that you now have to always check the status of your jacket, backpack, .. on the very top (yeah, extra scrolling!) , instead of just hovering over the corresponding area in your inventory and see if its damaged, or ruined.

(Sorry for doublepost, i could not add more lines to my other one as i tried to edit it)

Edited by krazikilla

43 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Not to forget that you now have to always check the status of your jacket, backpack, .. on the very top (yeah, extra scrolling!)

I'm not too annoyed by the new inventory ergonomy to be honnest, but this.... this is really driving me crazy

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

First you have to do some clicks to sort the container closer to the container you want to switch stuff around. This will already set you off focus.  Second you still had to scroll around to properly see the just changed container.

I did not have any difficulties in the old inventory interface. I understand that seconds are important in the game. But I think that there are players who had difficulties with small icons of items in the inventory, which also added extra seconds. I do not know how this is possible, but everyone would be satisfied with the option in the game Interface Size tincture - small \ medium \ large.
Perhaps such an approach to solving the size of the "inventory" interface will find priority and a reasonable solution.
The previous indicator of the state of clothes was optimal, as it was always before our eyes and did not require additional actions.

• Beans 1

17 minutes ago, matiman said:

I'm not too annoyed by the new inventory ergonomy to be honnest, but this.... this is really driving me crazy

Yeah... I'm scrolling through the forums for the thread that starts something like "I don't like being able to hover my mouse over a clothing item in the inventory screen and seeing its condition. Change immediately or I am uninstalling!" followed by a post by the development team or Impulz saying they're working on it and it will be fixed in the next patch. 

This lock nonsense is a putrid reminder of how futile progress is in this title... is every loot item in the game that gets tweaked going to become useless? Is THAT the hidden endgame agenda is trying to keep players busy collecting all the shit they already collected in the last patch? YAY now we can hear a lock noise but every lock that was in the game a week ago is useless. 

Don't get attached to your gear... sure- except what's left to do in the game? Kill people... and take their stuff? And then what? Have a fire that you don't need to cook meat that you could eat raw? Build a modified fireplace that will despawn in a couple hours? Set up a camp that anyone can ghost or break into in 3 minutes? Why- oh yeah. To take their stuff. Then what? Kill more people and take their stuff? Then lose all the stuff and repeat with 1.03? 

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Can you fit a car battery in your pants?

Ever seen the specimens walking the aisles at WalMart? 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, philbur said:

Ever seen the specimens walking the aisles at WalMart? 😉

Touché.  The people of Walmart.... *shudder*

5 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Touché.  The people of Walmart.... *shudder*

What is this "Walmart"? But maybe I think I have heard of it.. is it like a Base in DayZ,   please ? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

So....I'll try this YOUR way.

I will destroy a fence/gate and build another one (To make sure it is 1.02 item)

Then I will loot and install a padlock that I can be sure is also new to this build....

And then there will be no issues with padlocks.

Well.... That's easy to test.

(where do I submit my resume for QA staff?)

BTW @ImpulZ, I have to give you credit for chiming in lately.

Takes a lot of courage to face the firing squads here on the forums...And I think we all know that you, personally, are not responsible for this mess....

Unfortunately, though....you are the face of it....so I hope they at least respect the pain you get from us. There will be more, of course....until we get what we came for...so buckle up...it's going to be a looong sloooow Summer.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 3

bear.png

Edited by eno
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, philbur said:

I will destroy a fence/gate and build another one (To make sure it is 1.02 item)

Then I will loot and install a padlock that I can be sure is also new to this build....

And then there will be no issues with padlocks.

Well.... That's easy to test.

hope this helps (sorry for double posting this in the 2 thread but revelant...)

50 minutes ago, matiman said:

all these tests were made when I was alone on the server, public hive server from FragNet so no mods at all

1st test : gate builded in 1.02, but already got locked previously with a 1.01 lock that I cutted to open the gate. Server has been restarded several time since

no prompt when trying to attach the lock
remove wire, build gate again => no prompt
remove wire, restart server, build gate => no prompt

2d test : completly dismantled the door and builded it again

the prompt is showing, lock attach correctly => lock can be open with the code
the prompt is showing, lock attach correctly, restart server => lock can be open with the code !
(strange, this is not the behavior I experienced earlier, but all my previous attempts was with locks looted in 1.01)
BUT
the lock is still attached to the post/log and dont drop on the ground
if I look at the ground where the lock should be, I get the "[F] take combination lock" prompt but it don't do anything and lock is still attached to the post/log
server restart
now lock is on the ground and can be picked after opening the door, it still have the same code configured
prompt to attach lock shows correctly, lock attach correctly => lock can be open with the code

I attach the lock again and restart server
same behavior than previous scenario (lock open with code, but still attached to the post)
I remove wire, lock go on the ground and can be picked
I rebuild gate, lock can be attached again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1