ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

4 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Dunno about the bug, but the slower metabolism is welcome. They only need to reduce the amount of food that spawns so it evens out again. But then again, this is all connected to a missing feature called fishing, and the lack of diseases when eating raw meat

No, it's not welcome.  They are either in a panic because the playerbase is dropping that much and they figure dumbing the game down to entice more players or they really don't have a clue on what the fuck they are doing anymore.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Dunno about the bug, but the slower metabolism is welcome. They only need to reduce the amount of food that spawns so it evens out again. But then again, this is all connected to a missing feature called fishing, and the lack of diseases when eating raw meat 

What are these extremes? Allow to satisfy hunger, at least dig up earthworms for a festive breakfast and nibble the bark from the tree for dinner.😀
Let's talk about a person's ability to survive in the environment, where there is no sign of human life, hundreds of examples to avoid hunger and thirst.

1 hour ago, eno said:

Many of the people who were most passionately engaged in the bug mashing on experimental since early access are exhausted and I suspect that passion was a perishable commodity. I am highly doubtful that enthusiasm for testing and bug reporting will be regenerated by the new induction of players across Xbox and PC. Experimental just evolved into a separate hive of throw away characters where people can fuck around... why would they want to do homework afterwards? Generally they don't... and the people who used to have been enlightened to the futility of it. It's like:  

I understand this and I know from the experience of the Arma series. All tickets are on the tracker, require updating of information or should be closed if outdated or resolved.
I know that often creating a ticket causes a lot of time.
1. For this reason, I offer my view on solving a part of the problem of creating a ticket - a server with a stress test mission having a tool like in DayZCommunityOfflineMode.ChernarusPlus

2. Feedback tracker. Sometimes tickets are created where there is no complete information about the problem, or the problem is caused by individual aspects or something else. All problems go in the general stream. Changes are needed to the feedback tracker itself, where tickets can be sorted by type of problem. For example, anyone can create a duplicate on the problem, because everyone calls the problem differently, because they cannot find a similar ticket, or the search for a similar ticket can take a long time.
It’s like a mess when you don’t know what to choose and where to start to solve problems.

For comparison - feedback tracker dev.cup-arma3. See how they are similar, but it has its own attractive features - like sorting by type of problem, or something else. It changes a lot for convenience to use it.

Edited by lex__1

Thanks for the stable update....here is only one word for it... bullshit.

Player X picup a gun ...CRASH...

Player X craft a ghilli...CRASH.

Player X open a Car Door... CRASH

Player X fight against a Z ...CRASH

The bugreport is full with crash logs....

My home server is DE 2-3 official and today the server crashed like 10 times.  Noon time it was off like 2 hours or something. It is maybe related to players who try duplicating ?

Edited by BAHADIR

2 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

The bugreport is full with crash logs.... 

In which ticket did you attach the error logs?

First of all thank you for these maj which allow to rejoin content and improve the game! On the other hand I would like to inform you of several problems encountered on the public servers by my team and me.

1) The cars are very easy to destroy, after repairing 9 and driving them we saw many problems. such as falling unconscious in some cars, such as destroying the car by hurting an object within 10 km / h. or even the car been destroying when you just put the contact ?

2) Gasoline goes down too fast if you compare the time it takes to fill a jerrycan with gasoline.

3) When we connected several times, the first time we aimed at the weapon also fired, which is really problematic ...

4) The mufflers goes from worn to ruined in sometimes two magazines: /

5) At times we can no longer perform any actions, open doors etc, nothing displays, for no apparent reason.

6) Zombies always pass through certain doors.

And we have seen many more, and hope they will be rectified.

Thank you for reading!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

No, it's not welcome.  They are either in a panic because the playerbase is dropping that much and they figure dumbing the game down to entice more players or they really don't have a clue on what the fuck they are doing anymore.

Well, summer is around the corner so expect some pressure. In 2 months dev teams are incomplete again as ppls go for hollidays and  by the time they are complete again, its chrismas again. So.. the year is allready almost efficiantly over. 

Next topic: reintroduction of old bugs in newer version constantly. How is this possible?

Dev's working on different versions?, inefficiantie? or no cohesion in the teams? As these reintroductions are taking up time agaiinnn and annoiances of devs and players.

Why this isnt the issue at development of other gamecompanies?

This is rather the correct question 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, hemmo said:

n 2 months dev teams are incomplete again as ppls go for hollidays and  by the time they are complete again, its chrismas again. So.. the year is allready almost efficiantly over. 

you have holidays from April to Christmas..??  Where do you work ?

Edited by pilgrim*

On 4/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, pilgrim* said:

And can we have REALLY long beards please, to show that you tune has survived 300+ hours IN game ??   A sharp machete or a K-bar should be able to cut that off if you don't want it.. and you can shave with a well-honed axe. - Seen it done IRL.

5YePa9D.jpg

- the boyz say thanx kindly :

To cut those beards you will have to wait until the chainsaw is reintroduced. The axe just breaks after 1 attempt.

Edited by Rekurv
  • Haha 1

I noticed the iZurvive map briefly contained markers for the sedan spawn locations, and now it doesn't - anyone know what's up w/that?

58 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

I noticed the iZurvive map briefly contained markers for the sedan spawn locations, and now it doesn't - anyone know what's up w/that?

I can still see Olga 24 spawn sites on izurvive. Did you deselect it maybe?

13 minutes ago, aux7 said:

I can still see Olga 24 spawn sites on izurvive. Did you deselect it maybe?

It's back. Whatever was wrong it corrected itself. To answer your question, it wasn't even an option for me to select or unselect. Maybe the maker of the map needed to do some maintenance. 👍

12 minutes ago, Mr Jizz said:

It's back. Whatever was wrong it corrected itself. To answer your question, it wasn't even an option for me to select or unselect. Maybe the maker of the map needed to do some maintenance. 👍

On the Izurvive map, if you look along the top blue bar to the right, it says "groups" with a drop down arrow, and then "loot" also with a drop down arrow, click on this and you can choose what you want to see at any time on the map .. . helps me to focus in on what I am looking for . . .

Edited by aux7

Anyone manage to successfully "Attach" a combo lock on their gates, lately? I cut mine off when the new build screwed them up...but have been unable to get the prompt...no matter where I am on the gate.... odd. I don't care about having to cut them off again....as I have a bunch of tools and locks at my disposal. (just want to secure my flaming crap while I am offline)

Thanks all.

You know what, Folks....

Aside from the usual disasters that the Dev Team manage to feed us every new build....I find that this one, in particular, has given me a "nicer" overall "feeling"... to be honest. I am not talking about the bugs, failed promises and missing content.... I am referring to the general in-game experiences...like Inventory improvements, character enhancements, fixes to inventory and containers...tweaks to player health...etc....

We have all the reasons to still be pissed about the current state of the "game"....but this 1.02 build at least hints at being so much more than we have been force-fed in the past.

The Community Servers and the initial Mod community are definitely helping get things going now...and as long as these guys stop breaking more than they fix, we might be finally seeing the game in a better light than maybe was feared early in the new year.

Just MHO....but these last two weeks have "felt" a lot more immersive than all the time I have in-game previously.... that's all.

Cheers!

• Beans 1

36 minutes ago, philbur said:

Anyone manage to successfully "Attach" a combo lock on their gates, lately? I cut mine off when the new build screwed them up...but have been unable to get the prompt...no matter where I am on the gate.... odd. I don't care about having to cut them off again....as I have a bunch of tools and locks at my disposal. (just want to secure my flaming crap while I am offline)

Thanks all.

Yes I'm still able to attach a combolock to  a door (whatever the door was builded in 1.01 or 1.02), but it's almost useless as combolocks are bugged in this build.

Works fine as long as the server don't restart, but after a restart the code you defined just don't work and you can't open the lock anymore...

I tried to brute force a code but wasn't able to open it anyway, so it look like the code did not changed on server restart, but just don't work anymore...

(or I was too tired and I missed some combinations during my brute force attempt 🙄)

Edited by matiman
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, matiman said:

Yes I'm still able to attach a combolock to  a door (whatever the door was builded in 1.01 or 1.02), but it's almost useless as combolocks are bugged in this build.

Works fine as long as the server don't restart, but after a restart the code you defined just don't work and you can't open the lock anymore...

I tried to brute force a code but wasn't able to open it anyway, so it look like the code did not changed on server restart, but just don't work anymore...

(or I was too tired and I missed some combinations during my brute force attempt 🙄)

Oh come on.  According to some it takes like a couple of minutes to brute force the lock 🙄

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Oh come on.  According to some it takes like a couple of minutes to brute force the lock 🙄

Then I'm probably way less efficient than our best Arsene Lupin survivors 🤣

Took me about 10-12 minutes to try (but quite drunk, that's why I don't trust myself 100% on this one 🙃)

@ImpulZ

Ok, i updated and summarized my feedback to 1.02 stable.

GENERAL:

1. doors seem to be desynced often, especially in little red restaurants, you often get delayed for just half a second when walking trough any open doors.
  2. Accessing Items on the ground and from barrels/seachests near each other is very broken since newest update (was never a problem before)
  3. Items can get bugged in trees again, so you cannot reach it (was fixed in 1.01)
  4. If you are accessing barrels, seachests.. near Fences, you often cannot access the containers. Would be great if we get a special section for building stuff, it gets messy soo fast.
  5. Cars are still fundamentally broken, if they are not flying (official server, 60players), the still feel very bad to drive. Server FPS should not effect them as much as it does right now. (ArmA3, ArmA2 DayZ Mod anyone?)
  6. Bushes and branches from trees still block Bullets VERY effectivly.
  7. if someone is hit several times, he can still jump away until out of stamina. Maybe reduce the stamina to almost 0 after beeing hit?
  8. Inertness and weight needs to be increased. The zigzag radius must be increased. Zigzagging and Sudden 0-100 sprints should be decreased.
  9. When you drop Items they should drop 50cm in front of you, instead directly on your feet (or stomach when prone) so friends can access stuff without need of you stepping back
  10. basebuilding in vanilla is still useless as there are so many ways to break in in 30sec to a minute (saw lock, break fence, jump over, bruteforce code,...)

INVENTORY USER INTERFACE:

1.  the resolution is straight out of 2005
  2.  a lot of bullets look exactly the same now, just with different coloured tips.  (9mm VS 45.ACP for example)
  3.  as the new UI is so big, it looks very messy, not clean anymore, no clean borders anymore  (check before and after: https://imgur.com/a/ELBmhx0)
  4.  lot of icons are bigger than the cells (Scorpion for example)
  5.  you are forced to scroll up and down a lot if you want to sort your inventory. (the sorting containers up/down is NO solution for this, mostly a workaround)
  6.  -> please just bring back the old inventory from 0.63, -> inventory was good, looting trough walls was not possible and still you could access all visible items.

BULLET DAMAGE:

1.  Bullet damage or hit dedection is very much broken. Bullets in general are too weak. They should drop people way faster (not necessarily kill!). I am NOT talking about armored targets (plate carriers,..)
  2.     example1:  try hitting someone with a FNX 45  in the throat/neck.  - Right now he will happily shoot and kill you afterwards, then bandage and is good to go. Neck should be a vital organ, or at least a unconsious ness and rapid bloodloss thing
  3.     example2:  try hitting some unarmored target with a makarov 3-5 times center mass.  He will not care too much.
  4.     example3:  try hitting some unarmored target with an M4 in center mass. he will happily run on after 2-3 hits, if you dont hit vitals. He should be at least on the ground ofc.
  5.     example4:  while Buckshots are the best workinga ammo for now, Pellets are like shooting with BBs, i am not even sure if they hurt anyone?
  6.     example5:  Hit a guy with the winchester, center mass, 300m,  he had an assault vest.  Yep, he most likely will run on.
  7.     you could add a little randomness about some stuff, about how long someone is unconsious, about bleeding (which should be much stronger when hit with higher calibre)
  8.     in general mostly all guns feel to weak (just Buckshot shotgun is fine), maybe consult the ArmA Military guys about correct values.
Edited by krazikilla

1 hour ago, matiman said:

Yes I'm still able to attach a combolock to  a door

So...you are getting the prompt to "attach" it? (basically when you are standing outside or inside the gate...around the center of it?)

Appreciate the feedback, Thanks

4 minutes ago, philbur said:

So...you are getting the prompt to "attach" it? (basically when you are standing outside or inside the gate...around the center of it?)

Appreciate the feedback, Thanks 

You make me doubt now 😄

I'm 100% sure I can attach it to doors builded in 1.02 (just tried it again now on 2 differents doors) the usual way just by standing in the middle of the door with the lock in hands

I'm not so sure now I tried to attach it to a door builded in 1.01. As I already discovered that code is lost on server restart, I gave up trying to lock my smaller base and had no spare locks anyway.

You should try to dismantle your door and rebuild it, with a crowbar you retreive 100% of materials (just be carefull the get the planks/nails/wire into your inventory before removing posts with the shovel, or it will be lost, I experienced that on my main base)

2 hours ago, krazikilla said:

@ImpulZ

Ok, i updated and summarized my feedback to 1.02 stable.

GENERAL:

1. Cars are still fundamentally broken, if they are not flying (official server, 60players), the still feel very bad to drive. Server FPS should not effect them as much as it does right now. (ArmA3, ArmA2 DayZ Mod anyone?)

thats because in dayz vehicle simulation is driven by server, not clientside like in arma, i really want to see how helicopter(s) will work at(after) E3( or gamescom, not sure now) when even the two cars we have now dont work properly

Edited by TheSzepy

I've read a few comments about the combo locks and here is my experience. The locks lose their code after a server restart and what ever gate they were attached to will no longer accept a lock.
I've used two methods besides cutting the lock off that have worked every time.

1 - Brute force: Start going through the various combinations as slow as it is.
2 - Remove the wire from the gate and turn it back into a fence.

In both methods however the lock will not drop to the ground. You will actually see two locks on the post, one facing towards you and the other facing away. You must the log out and back in to get the lock. When you log back in the lock will be on the ground. If you used method 1 open the gate and pick up the lock. If you used method 2 you will need to re-attach the wire and turn the fence back into a gate because the lock is under the fence and not accessible otherwise.

The gate itself is no longer lockable. You must completely tear down the gate/fence including the posts and then rebuild. Or if you have another section of fence you can use you can turn it into a gate. This unfortunately only lasts until the next server restart after which you're back to square one.

• Thanks 1