ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.02

12 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

This update needs to be edited. Resolving a problem (T137847) - leads to another problem.  Very often, in some places it is impossible to take an object, even where there is no obstacle, an object in the line of sight.

I noticed other day that it was impossible for me to take map from the car

6 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Vanilla or modded server? 

This is a video without mods. Mods are not yet fixed at 1.02.

Quick day to night shift. Sometimes it happens as it is in the video, it is sharply dark, but the daytime comes smoothly and long. Sometimes sharply light.

Edited by lex__1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

This is a video without mods. Mods are not yet fixed at 1.02.

Quick day to night shift. Sometimes it happens as it is in the video, it is sharply dark, but the daytime comes smoothly and long. Sometimes sharply light.

That's been around for a while with the strange transition.  I've seen the opposite as well

Soooo..... about that long forgotten road map?

On 4/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, hegra said:

hello, Can you fix the reload bug? Dragging ammo to the magazine and there is no function to load ammo. You lay down the ammo on the floor and you can already load ammo them from the floor.

I can confirm this is still an issue. Most noticeably with the FX-45. I have to drop the ammo to the ground and then I can load the mag in my hand. It doesn't happen every time, but once it happens, it continues even if I log off and come back. There is something that triggers it because there are times it reloads from a backpack/pouch/pants/shirt etc without issue.

Edited by C4-timah

9 hours ago, Dorka said:

Can anyone confirm that Zeds can still run through fences? I have tested this with my base with all 1.02 EXP builds and the Stable build and each time Zeds were able to run through fences. I'm just wondering if that's because my base was build in 1.01 version. Maybe I will just wipe my server...

I haven't had any issues with the Z's. However I did wipe my server, reinstall all the mods that were updated and then did a player and economy restore and all is working fine for my server. I make it a habit to wipe my server when an update comes through. It just seems to work out better.

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

izurvive.com and a compass...just say'n

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dorka said:

Can anyone confirm that Zeds can still run through fences? I have tested this with my base with all 1.02 EXP builds and the Stable build and each time Zeds were able to run through fences. I'm just wondering if that's because my base was build in 1.01 version. Maybe I will just wipe my server...

We have the same issue on our server.

It's a fresh created 1.02 vanilla server... So no mods, old files etc.

2 hours ago, C4-timah said:

I haven't had any issues with the Z's. However I did wipe my server, reinstall all the mods that were updated and then did a player and economy restore and all is working fine for my server. I make it a habit to wipe my server when an update comes through. It just seems to work out better.

What mods are you using?

I can confirm the loss of loot when dropping it close to a tree. The bug is back.

Still didn't find any of the new things (new weapons, not even ammo). I tried out approximately 20 servers with low population (or empty) (night and day time) at Devil's Castle as well as the hunting lodge settlement south of Troitskoe base - nothing, not even a bullet.

The personal camera light is too bright in my opinion. I'm not totally against it as of now but it looks weird, running through a forest, and close trees being illuminated that much.

Edited by Undeceived

17 hours ago, amadieus said:

The roadmap for 2019 is coming January 1st 2020.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, IMT said:

The roadmap for 2019 is coming January 1st 2020.

The past years at HQ has come off like this to me. Fighting bugs and trying to make progress.

-You need a flare?

-No.. he's close.. he's real close.

Edited by Brandon Clinch

57 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Starting over on a project isn't always a smooth road.

You didn't just go there, my man....did you?

I think it's safe to put that excuse on the shelf by now.

Having a bit more QA prior to releasing these builds would make a massive difference for those out there who are on the fence about this title.

I keep telling everyone that progress is being made...and things are looking up.....but bugs are just unacceptable in Stable releases. Player retention depends on positive in-game experiences.

This is not Alpha....and, if you drank the KoolAid, not even Beta.

Less content would be better...if the overall game worked as it should.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Judging by some of the posts on the forum it's been a rocky road, so i stand by my other post.

I do hope it would be a bit smoother from now on out.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
add text

It is often impossible to take an object, even where there are no obstacles, an object in the line of sight. For a couple of days on different servers (without Mods), I often encounter this problem.
Situations when the subject may be completely lost due to this problem:
- the subject is not fully visible
- put the subject on the floor, but in some situations it may hang in the air
- put the subject on the floor, but in some situations it may fall into the texture of the floor
-
You must correct the hotfix for this T137847 ticket. Before fixing this ticket, there were no problems with the loss of items.
In this video, a similar situation, with instructions on how to raise the subject, if the subject fell into the texture of the floor. But it does not always help out. And so, we start gymnastic exercises)))

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, lex__1 said:

It is often impossible to take an object, even where there are no obstacles, an object in the line of sight. For a couple of days on different servers (without Mods), I often encounter this problem.
Situations when the subject may be completely lost due to this problem:
- the subject is not fully visible
- put the subject on the floor, but in some situations it may hang in the air
- put the subject on the floor, but in some situations it may fall into the texture of the floor
-
You must correct the hotfix for this T137847 ticket. Before fixing this ticket, there were no problems with the loss of items.
In this video, a similar situation, with instructions on how to raise the subject, if the subject fell into the texture of the floor. But it does not always help out. And so, we start gymnastic exercises)))

I reported this one a few days ago, and it’s been acknowledged and scheduled for a fix... https://feedback.bistudio.com/T138280

• Thanks 2

Okay, after server restarts COMBINATION LOCKS STILL BUGGED. I cant enter my base, also when I dismantle the gate, Lock seems to be there but I cant pick it up.

we dont find a Fal or FAL dont spawn its normal ?

On 4/3/2019 at 3:26 PM, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: Hunting scope allows looking through walls (T137033)

The ticket number does not match the description of the problem.
Solving this problem has led to a wider scale of the problems that arise.
I have a dual opinion. On the one hand, this is correct, the solution to the problem is to block access to objects behind the walls. But on the other hand, this has led to the emergence of many problems in other areas of the interaction of players with items - the complete loss of items in the inventory.
In more detail, my comments on this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T96876.

In the room, near the arch of the entrance to the fortress, there are places with objects that are generated in the wall or under the floor. Along the perimeter of the room are many items, but access to items is not always possible. Not sure, but maybe there are still many places in Cherno where items are hidden. If someone knows about such places, please report on this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T138489 .

Edited by lex__1

For the swapping mags problem

ATM if you hotbar a mag it will swap the Whole Gun - which is crazy - it should only swap for the Mag IN The Gun

That makes sense.

OR

In your top clothing ONLY - (jacket or whatever) you can -anytime- right click and designate mags as 'READY' - then when your gun runs out firing that type of mag, it auto swaps with a designated  READY mag.

Hmm ??  THIS <READY> option might be easier to implement than hotbar messing?   In fact you are giving the inventory a "kind of" hotbar status only for a couple of outer pockets when you switch on READY for that mag item in that pocket (one of the listed mags, & your upper garment pocket)  - then that word READY appears in the inventory with the item description. For mags only.   - just an IDEA ??
  And it doesn't use up any extra Xbox controller manips at panic time  (because they are real SHORT on those).. heh

that above was practical - gameplay - this below is just IRL theoretical IDEAL.

IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - auto-changed mags should definitely drop to the ground - if you want to swap them out manually in inventory, that's fine by me (you are A crazy person, you won't be on MY six for sure) - you would not do it under fire. = seriously [ = LOL = ] .  Real life is totally the pits for stuff like that.

Edited by pilgrim*

On 4/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, Undeceived said:

I can confirm the loss of loot when dropping it close to a tree. The bug is back.

4 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

Okay, after server restarts COMBINATION LOCKS STILL BUGGED. I cant enter my base, also when I dismantle the gate, Lock seems to be there but I cant pick it up.

@schwaBAM

Our group is also experiencing these two issues... one guy put down his svd and it evaporated.

and we ended up having to cut our original lock since it didn’t work after the patch and put another one on from the inventory. That one worked for a bit but then didn’t last night.

I’m not sure how it is that I paid about 30 bucks for this game about 5 years ago, have played over 2000 hours of it since and still am made to feel like I’m getting robbed and pissed on with every - single- update... but it is a feeling that BI is getting exceedingly good at perpetuating.

I do look forward to getting into the game for the hard choices that need to be made during player and environment interactions-

But surviving the patch glitches has always been an exhausting and excruciating endeavor and having to tolerate them has become the true brand of DayZ. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, eno said:

But surviving the patch glitches has always been an exhausting and excruciating endeavor and having to tolerate them has become the true brand of DayZ. 

I think the developer does not have enough time to test. There are some circumstances for this.
I am sure that not many are ready to play on the experimental version. Sometimes, some problems do not lie on the surface, or have some dependencies that can be revealed after a few hours of play.
I do not know what solutions can be applied, and what would reduce the likelihood of a problem getting into an update when it occurs against the background of fixing another problem.
How to change it, I do not know. But it is certain that the enthusiasm of some players in experimental stress tests does not always work along the whole front of problems.
Perhaps you need a server with an experimental mission. In this mission, all construction, mining, and other gameplay processes should provide players with a quick opportunity to reproduce problem checks. This should allow the player to check the game processes without having to run all over the map in search of the necessary content, and spend many hours on such experiments.

The DayZCommunityOfflineModeChernarusPlus mission helps, but does not help to find problems for situations arising in OnlineMode.

Edited by lex__1

4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

How to change it, I do not know. But it is certain that the enthusiasm of some players in experimental stress tests does not always work along the whole front of problems.

I think the catalyst for (my) frustration is that nothing has changed since my earliest days of Early Access other than the fact that I had to acknowledge it was an unfinished game every time I logged on back until December. Now I don't have to do that anymore. Things got a polish but we lost 2/3rds of the content and what's worse it's 2/3rds of the content that guys in experimental and stable already helped to fix during 5 years of grinding early access. And that content is truly lost since it wasn't ported over to the new engine and needed to be "enhanced" or whatever the smart person speak for it is... 

Many of the people who were most passionately engaged in the bug mashing on experimental since early access are exhausted and I suspect that passion was a perishable commodity. I am highly doubtful that enthusiasm for testing and bug reporting will be regenerated by the new induction of players across Xbox and PC. Experimental just evolved into a separate hive of throw away characters where people can fuck around... why would they want to do homework afterwards? Generally they don't... and the people who used to have been enlightened to the futility of it. It's like: 

"Drive the car and report your findings in sufficient detail that they may be used to make that car better." 

"What do you want me to do?" 

"Anything." 

"Anything?"

"Yes, but report your findings." 

"Which findings?" 

"The ones you find." 

"Okay, but how do you want me to report them?" 

"In the greatest detail."

"Greatest... detail?"

"We need to know the road you're on, the speed you're driving, the temperature of the air, pressure in the tires, the music you're listening to and how many hands you had on the wheel." 

"That sounds like a lot of work." 

"It's progress." 

"How will my findings be used?" 

"They won't be since we're introducing a whole new car next year." 

Sounds almost Clarke and Dawe... Which is funny until you live it. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

Thirst and hunger are glitched.  Instead only losing x3 thirst and hunger when sprinting, we are only losing x2.  And it's takes a lot longer for the hunger to kick in.  Then again, this could be on purpose as BI seems to be dumbing the game down anyway.  Night light and all you  know.

• Beans 1

23 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Thirst and hunger are glitched.  Instead only losing x3 thirst and hunger when sprinting, we are only losing x2.  And it's takes a lot longer for the hunger to kick in.  Then again, this could be on purpose as BI seems to be dumbing the game down anyway.  Night light and all you  know.

Dunno about the bug, but the slower metabolism is welcome. They only need to reduce the amount of food that spawns so it evens out again. But then again, this is all connected to a missing feature called fishing, and the lack of diseases when eating raw meat