ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.02.151010

Hello Survivors,

we have a new patch with fixes going live. As usual, please let us know about any issues you encounter in the game. 🙂

The Public Experimental Server Files have been updated as well.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

FIXED

• Fixed: Tuna can miss the "Open" action in certain conditions (player/others nearby manipulating with a Compass)
  • Fixed: Stacks of .308 Ammo spawning with 0 quantity
  • Fixed: The player now dies properly from hypothermia, preventing client errors and other issues
  • Fixed: Only one player in a VoN conversation can hear the others
  • Fixed: Vehicle radiator cannot be refilled until the car has been started
  • Fixed: Character movement speed desynchronization, where character moves as if aiming down sights even when they are not
  • Fixed: Client error connected to using a water bottle on fireplace
  • Fixed: Leaving ADS on weapon actions

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Lowered chance of jamming for pistols
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 6

6 minutes ago, Stas123123123 said:

When will the update be released to a stable branch?

When they feel it's stable enough for it to be released on stable

• Beans 1

Fixed: Tuna can miss the "Open" action in certain conditions (player/others nearby manipulating with a Compass)

What does this mean? Cans of tuna won't open because of players nearby using a compass?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sethxdeath said:

What does this mean? Cans of tuna won't open because of players nearby using a compass?

My guess is that there was a bug that prevented the "Open" action from appearing in certain conditions with one example of "certain conditions" being a nearby player using a compass.

@ImpulZ We are at 75% (34 votes) in favor of having this new artificial "personal night light" removed, with 11% (5 votes) wanting to keep it and 13% (6 votes) wanting it to be modified. Given, that according to this, the vast majority want it removed, will the dev-team revisit the issue before making a decision regarding the 1.02 update to stable?

Here is the Post --> 

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Like 3

Can you please make spark plugs and car bateries more common ? Ive been looting Severograd, Novodmitrovsk, Svetrojarsk and Krasnostav and i wasnt able to find any spark plugs. I  looted every garage, shed, industrial building + train wagons but i wasnt able to find any spark plug and only 1 car batery. After like 4 hours i found the spark plug in someones stash so please fix it.

19 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Когда они чувствуют, что он достаточно стабилен, чтобы выпустить его на стабильном

I thought they would be released on Wednesday, or not?

10 minutes ago, kudrosh said:

Can you please make spark plugs and car bateries more common ? Ive been looting Severograd, Novodmitrovsk, Svetrojarsk and Krasnostav and i wasnt able to find any spark plugs. I  looted every garage, shed, industrial building + train wagons but i wasnt able to find any spark plug and only 1 car batery. After like 4 hours i found the spark plug in someones stash so please fix it.

I don't know how you're searching it but I have no problem finding a spark plug. Like every damn time I find one in the first city I'll be in. They're really easy to find but not to spot, always check your UI inventory to see if it is not in the vicinity.

And by the way, they should be difficult to find as we are years after the Infected Outbreak, those kind of stuff should be quite rare.

@DEVS:

wouldnt it be easy for you tweak some values?

1. increase Fence and Tower healthpoints by 15x or even 20x    (so it doesnt allow a bambi to break in within 1minute, but rather at least 10-20min, with some tool repairing needed,..)

2. make a 4th digit at the codelock (3 digits you can bruteforce in less than 20min)

3. increase the time you need to wiggle free from ducttape by 4x  from handcuffs 10x

4. increase the damage values of all bullets by around 20%     -->

5. decrease health regeneration multiplieer by 50% for a start, it should take you longer to regain health.

6. increase inertness / weight by 20%  -  increase the minimum possible radius you can turn while sprinting by 30%  (against zigzagging)

7. decrease the ability to jump once you are below 50% health.  Only let jump once every max. 10 seconds when you are below 50% of health.

8. increase the damage which tools take when destroying a fence/tower  by 25%

9. decrease the possibility of zombies making you bleed and damaging your cloths by 40%

10. increase the height of default fences by 25% so two people cannot just jump over it by using the friend as ladder.

11. decrease the range of nightlights by 25% and the intensity by 40%  (if possible inside houses even more)

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 1
  • Beans 3

10 minutes ago, Stas123123123 said:

I thought they would be released on Wednesday, or not?

Wednesday is for scheduled maintenance on servers. They did not say a word about releasing this update, it could take a dayz or a month. We just don't know.

But in my opinion, it'll be soon, the patch is pretty smooth and good looking. Maybe this week or the next one.

Please stop asking when it'll be released, it's a nonsense question.

Can you guys please keep the useless banter out of these threads, keep it to reporting bugs and giving feedback.

I also notice some of you being kind of disrespectful towards the devs in these threads, this is not the right attitude if we want to get stuff right for the game.

3 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

@DEVS:

wouldnt it be easy for you tweak some values?

1. increase Fence and Tower healthpoints by 10x   (so it doesnt allow a bambi to break in within 1minute, but rather at least 10, with some tool repairing needed,..)

2. make a 4th digit at the codelock (3 digits you can bruteforce in less than 20min)

3. increase the time you need to wiggle free from ducttape by 4x  from handcuffs 10x

4. increase the damage values of all bullets by around 20%     -->

5. decrease health regeneration multiplyer by 50% for a start

6. increase inertness / weight by 20%  -  increase the minimum possible radius you can run while sprinting by 30%  (against zigzagging)

7. decrease the ability to jump once you are below 50% health.  Only let jump once every max. 10 seconds when you are below 50% of health.

8. increase the damage which tools take when destroying a fence/tower  by 25%

9. decrease the possibility of zombies making you bleed and damaging your cloths by 40%

10. increase the height of default fences by 25% so two people cannot just jump over it by using the friend as ladder.

Digging most of your points. Touched on alot of them myself. Also in the "Focused Feedback Round" that I feel has never really been evaluated, or at least not been publicly responded too.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128664

@0.64 Freerider

Well, yeah, i think a lot of those people would enjoy this game much! more if some of the values above would get fast tweaked for the start.

I mean for now, basebuilding is still, almost 5 months after release, completely, 100% useless, because everyone can just break in, jump in, or guess your code within a few minutes.

Also the zig-zagging when running away, the jumping away after beeing hit 5 times,  the surviving 5 bullets of 9mm at center mass without a plate carrier (without even going down/unconsious) and other above mentioned things are so annoying, while i think they should be mostly VERY easy to fix.

Or at least to temporary fix, before getting a "real" solution...

I just hope they are changing this points soon, because me and my mates are already quite frustrated with this.  (and i sure we are not alone)

Edited by krazikilla
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

@ImpulZ We are at 75% (34 votes) in favor of having this new artificial "personal night light" removed, with 11% (5 votes) wanting to keep it and 13% (6 votes) wanting it to be modified. Given, that according to this, the vast majority want it removed, will the dev-team revisit the issue before making a decision regarding the 1.02 update to stable?

Here is the Post --> 

it is not even 10% of the people who play the game, it can not be taken as a general thought of the community

Edited by radamantyz
  • Like 3
  • Beans 3

8 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

it is not even 10% of the people who play the game, it can not be taken as a general thought of the community

My thought exactly. It would be a pretty bad idea if game features are changed or added by means of the majority vote. Before you know it the game could be a mindless PvP only game.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

Did It say it was the general thought of the community? The people who are active and invest work and time into contributing to this game, are the people on this forum who make posts. It is only natural that their concerns would be taken into consideration as the rest of the players is simply mute and doesn't voice their opinions.

So nowhere in my post does it say, that I speak of the entire player base, but in fact of the people who contributed and voted on my public post, that everybody can vote on, in favor or not. I want to kindly ask of you, to check your interpretation with the author before reacting to what you have read into things. That would make the whole conversation alot more pleasant for everyone involved I believe.

8 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

That is correct!

About 45.000 People who bought dayz make 1 % of the potential player base.

You have 34 ppl … do the math!

1 minute ago, nl said:

My thought exactly. It would be a pretty bad idea if game features are changed or added by means of the majority vote. Before you know it the game could be a mindless PvP only game.

Uhuh, so then how do people make sure their voice is heard, if not for collecting it as a group?! Having a concern, collecting votes and comments and bringing it to the devs attention is exactly that: bringing it to attention. So that doesn't mean that it should be automatically and mindlessly done, which is also very unrealistic as the devs have their own vision of the game. All I did in my original post was asking if the concern would be raised with the devs.

So much like @radamantyz you hastily read over my comment and read things into it that clearly weren't stated there. I still took the time to explain.

4 minutes ago, Supe2licious said:

That is correct!

About 45.000 People who bought dayz make 1 % of the potential player base.

You have 34 ppl … do the math!

[...] The people who are active and invest work and time into contributing to this game, are the people on this forum who make posts. It is only natural that their concerns would be taken into consideration as the rest of the players is simply mute and doesn't voice their opinions. So nowhere in my post does it say, that I speak of the entire player base, but in fact of the people who contributed and voted on my public post, that everybody can vote on, in favor or not. How do people make sure their voice is heard, if not for collecting it as a group?! Having a concern, collecting votes and comments and bringing it to the devs attention is exactly that: bringing it to attention. So that doesn't mean that it should be automatically and mindlessly done, which is also very unrealistic as the devs have their own vision of the game. All I did in my original post was asking if the concern would be raised with the devs.[...]

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, krazikilla said:

4. increase the damage values of all bullets by around 20%   

5. decrease health regeneration multiplieer by 50% for a start, it should take you longer to regain health.

6. increase inertness / weight by 20%  -  increase the minimum possible radius you can turn while sprinting by 30%  (against zigzagging)

11. decrease the range of nightlights by 25% and the intensity by 40%  (if possible inside houses even more)

4. I think bullet damage is fine right now, I have never seen anyone not atleast go uncon from 5 hits of 9mm rounds center mass, I often kill with less. In any case, we cannot increase by 20% of all bullets, thats insane. I say leave this as it is.

5. I agree 100%, but it should take alot longer than what you are describing in my opinion. We take 10 minutes now from minimum health to full, 5 minutes more is still nothing. I think it should take 40-50 minutes from 1hp to 100hp, and that's with both food and drink in the white, slower in yellow. This will give consequences to getting hurt, forcing us to change our tactics and focus on staying alive. We also shouId take more blood damage when getting shot. I absolutely hate how fast we heal up now, it really takes away from the experience.

6. In vanilla stamina, I think it's fine the way it is. I have no problems shooting people once they're out of stamina, this is more of a no stamina mod problem, but that comes with the territory if you want to play on those servers.

7. I feel you should be able to still jump, but only the slow/short jump not the sprint/long jump under 50% health.

9. Agree on the clothing damage, but not on bleed. I like that they make you bleed and force us to keep bandages, adds a challenge to them.

11. Agree, inside houses now is fully lit at night. I say remove it completely, but atleast remove the inside house lighting if this is a feature that is staying.

I also whould like to add some other things I've mentioned before:

-Stunlock. This in the current state I feel is gamebreaking. I whould like to see the "stunlock" removed completely. It seems ridiculous to me being able to lock up a player from moving away by just swinging at him again and again with an axe, sledgehammer etc.. If you are inside a house, there is next to no chance of getting away from this. Even out in the open I've died/killed players easily with this feature. It pretty much takes skill completely out of the fight, only counting who can make the first hit and then the other player is locked up. This is VERY frustrating when you're standing there with a gun in your hands, being knocked back again and again until you go uncon/die, not being able to counter with anything. My suggestion is that you flinch but can move away when getting hit.

-Dead players disappearing too fast. The time for dead players to disappear/despawn needs to be increased to 15 minutes atleast. They practically despawn before the gunfight is over now, taking alot of the meaning/value of gunfights away.

Edited by TAMW

21 minutes ago, TAMW said:

4. I think bullet damage is fine right now, I have never seen anyone not atleast go uncon from 5 hits of 9mm rounds center mass, I often kill with less. In any case, we cannot increase by 20% of all bullets, thats insane. I say leave this as it is.

I dont know if you are coming from fortnite or counterstrike or smth, but the bullet damage is still far away from anything realistic or at least "believable".

OFP, ArmA, ArmA2, ArmA3, DayzMod and DayZ SA up to 0.62 made it right. 

The weapon damage got terribly weakend since 0.63.  I am not sure though if its the too low bullet damage value or maybe the too high t-shirt (cothing) defense value.  But we dont need to discuss that there is still a considerable big problem about that. Thats just a fact. Sorry.

Edited by krazikilla