Flyingpapaya

Sks or cr?

You could try what I occasionally do when undecided..

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe..

Does the CR have a mag, or no?

If there’s no scope you should let it go..

Eny, meeny, miny, moe.

• Haha 1

Sk is going to be better short and mid range fighting and good at longer ranges.  CR with scope will be challenging at close but good for mid and great for longer range.  Depending on your play style and plans, it depends on which may be best.

Personally I think the SK would better all around and offer the most versitilaty if your traveling and looting. 10 rnd mag, semi auto with decent fire rate

CR better for hunting people down and picking off at distances. 5 rnd mag, bolt action and slower fire rate.

Where do you find these CR's? I have not seen one yet in all the looting I have done, are these rare spawns in certain locations?

I have only found a few sks's

10 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Where do you find these CR's? I have not seen one yet in all the looting I have done, are these rare spawns in certain locations?

I have only found a few sks's

I am on Pc .. ..

SKS from my experience are a mil base staple ..  . . CR I have found/find in civilian sites. Once with the Hunting scope installed. Both weapons (for me) have been pretty common.

finding the rounds and the scopes has been the pain

SKS, hands down. Semi auto is what is going to save you when everything goes sideways. Lives are counted in seconds, life expectancy in Rounds Per Minute

13 minutes ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

SKS, hands down. Semi auto is what is going to save you when everything goes sideways. Lives are counted in seconds, life expectancy in Rounds Per Minute

+1 but also the reason I dont carry these weapons. mags are too small, and the reloading of the cr is a definite no. I dont want to be thinking about how to reload in a tight situation . . .the black screen will beckon. . .so the sk5 or the kam  for me

• Beans 1

10 minutes ago, aux7 said:

+1 but also the reason I dont carry these weapons. mags are too small, and the reloading of the cr is a definite no. I dont want to be thinking about how to reload in a tight situation . . .the black screen will beckon. . .so the sk5 or the kam  for me

You're not wrong, but, with the two choices that were given, SKS. However, far easier platforms preform far better with easier to find ammo than the two given choices.

8 minutes ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

You're not wrong, but, with the two choices that were given, SKS. However, far easier platforms preform far better with easier to find ammo than the two given choices.

sure the sks out of the two choices

when I spawn in after the latest black screen, I am straight in the nearest guardhouse/police station and generally find a skorpion or ij70, rounds and mags pretty quickly, the sk5 I find next , but I tend to hang around in the woods far from towns and so have to change my loadout to something more available. I tend to go with the flow, but retain the high cap mags and auto weapons. I find 45 or 762 39 rounds where I scout most commonly

Edited by aux7
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

I am on Pc .. ..

SKS from my experience are a mil base staple ..  . . CR I have found/find in civilian sites. Once with the Hunting scope installed. Both weapons (for me) have been pretty common.

finding the rounds and the scopes has been the pain

Yeah I eventually found one, these really dont spawn as frequently as other civilian weapons as I was just finding alot of BK-18's and some BK-133's, im my opinion these seem to e rare spawns as I have been looting alot of towns and this is the first time I have come across one.

Does anyone else find many of these CR rifles or are they also experiencing this rarity :)

I have a few in village/civilian houses and farm locations, big long barns. Scopes I find faitly common in the hunting cabins.

SKS is a better all around choice but definitely depends on play style, they both are a great choice, just seems to be hard to find a mag for CR or at least I'm having trouble finding one lol

Well I was carrying the CR with hunter scope and mag which I found in the campsite near the dam in the far west. Then I found an SKS in the barracks at zeleno. I decided to keep the CR purely because of the scope. I'm sure next life I'll give the SKS a go. Heck of a recoil lb that gun. Tried it out on a cow trying to get some steaks to cook. Cooked the steaks but the Field Cook achievement didn't pop up. Anyone else had that issue? 

9 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Cook achievement didn't pop up. Anyone else had that issue? 

Yep, the cooked steak, and the 20 head shots achievement haven't worked for me either.

Edited by bandito6000