ZXDMCFCWoody007

Things I'd like to see added/changed/removed.....

So having played 1000s of hours on PC (mostly Mod servers though) it's fair to say I, like most of us love this game. That said I decided to start a list of things I would hope make their way into the standalone - not all will agree obviously:

• Personal survival log - numbers of players/infected killed, deaths, current character live time.
  • Locked Servers to prevent the ridiculous amount of Server ghosting.
  • Fishing (sad to some but it's actually a good food source).
  • Party/in-game chat switching - sometimes it prevents interacting with other players resulting in more KoS than I would like (when not all of a group have radios so we switch to party).
  • reintroduction of hot button for quick select items.
  • Helis (Maybe basic hummingbird style) - a lot to ask this one I know.
  • Broken legs (Despite spending more time than I would like crawling around looking for Morphine.....)
  • Bicycles (but rare so players can't just shoot back to their bodies in minutes of being killed).
  • Drop the AP mines and introduce tripwire explosive.
  • Throwing items - then introduce grenades..... :-))))) a problem for bases though so unless stronger bases coming in then a no-no.....
  • NVG's - we have the Night scope so maybe it's time for some NVGs.
  • Only being able to eat cooked meat - too easy to kill and just eat raw.
  • In game map (Better than current) - I don't personally need one but would be very handy for those that do.....

As I said not all will agree and I have probably forgotten some things myself that I had in mind.....

• Like 2

- Personal survival log - numbers of players/infected killed, deaths, current character live time.

I believe this is currently a feature on PC, i might be wrong.

- Locked Servers to prevent the ridiculous amount of Server ghosting.

I am in favor of this

- Fishing (sad to some but it's actually a good food source).

They are developing it, it wil be something for a future update

- Party/in-game chat switching - sometimes it prevents interacting with other players resulting in more KoS than I would like (when not all of a group have radios so we switch to party).

They said this isn't possible because of how the party system works 

- reintroduction of hot button for quick select items.

I am in favor of this

- Helis (Maybe basic hummingbird style) - a lot to ask this one I know.

Helicopters are being developed along airplanes, a feature for a future update

- Broken legs (Despite spending more time than I would like crawling around looking for Morphine.....)

The body system is being reowrked, 100% sure this will be a re-implemented feature for a future update

- Bicycles (but rare so players can't just shoot back to their bodies in minutes of being killed).

They want to, but they will have to work on the pshysics/handling (there's a very recent response on twitter about this)

- Drop the AP mines and introduce tripwire explosive.

Nice one

- Throwing items - then introduce grenades..... :-))))) a problem for bases though so unless stronger bases coming in then a no-no.....

Grenades and other throwable weapons will be a feature for the future, there's even some articles on the dayz gamepedia about this.

- NVG's - we have the Night scope so maybe it's time for some NVGs.

Future update

- Only being able to eat cooked meat - too easy to kill and just eat raw.

I don't have a opinion on this one lol

- In game map (Better than current) - I don't personally need one but would be very handy for those that do.....

You can find maps in the game, tourist maps for example.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

As I said not all will agree and I have probably forgotten some things myself that I had in mind.....

first suggestions I agree 100%

• Like 1

There is actually a way around the party and in game chat issue which I forgot to mention but I’d still rather have it in game

I do like the post, the biggest thing I would like is the player locked servers similar to ARK survival evolved. I also believe private servers wouldn’t be a bad idea. Private servers could be an extra way for Bohemia to rake in some extra cash which could also help with the updates to this great game. I do agree with most everything you posted, however; I do not like the idea of your character having a player/infected count. That would promote PvP and I do not think that is what this game is about. It is a survival game and you must be aware of your surroundings and other players, but other survival games like SCUM offer rewards (other than loot) for killing other players and it kinda ruins the game. This is all just my two cents and I am very pleased with the game. I just really hope the developers look into some of the conversations going on in the forums because dayz has literally become my favorite game of all time and I’d like for future updates to keep its longevity continuing forward.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:00 PM, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

There is actually a way around the party and in game chat issue which I forgot to mention but I’d still rather have it in game

What do you mean? 

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

What do you mean? 

You can use party chat and have in game chat - the problem is that you have to use the app on your phone/tablet and have in game chat through headphones as normal. Not ideal but is possible.....

If the devs can't fix the duping, then NVGs should not be in the game.  You'll have all these duping groups running around only at night, making it impossible for anyone else to play/enjoy the game.

• Like 1

100% agree with pretty much everything on the list. 

Things id like to add:

Advantages/disadvantages to shoe choice beyond either sound like a bull in a china shop or slice your barefoot up to all hell

The ability to throw cans or other items as a distraction for zombies to possibly clear an area they’re hovering around. 

Bows and arrows

more choices for improvised suppressors

More gun and optics options

dirt bikes/atv’s

more types of animals to kill and consume

the ability (although not easily) to repair the power to certain towns or areas

Added:

1. more EU servers (went on last night and all but 3 of them were "high")

2. Special "day only" and "night only" servers or alternate the day/night cycle on a server by server basis (too many servers were night when i look for a server)

Fix:

1.loot spawns (died 5 times in an hour because of lack of drink)

2.Zombie behaviour (i was getting swarmed for no reason when i had nothing to fight with - link to point 1)

31 minutes ago, Cazza95 said:

Zombie behaviour - i was getting swarmed for no reason when i had nothing to fight with

Have you tried talking to them ?  Perhaps you can find out what they are so mad about ?

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

So having played 1000s of hours on PC (mostly Mod servers though) it's fair to say I, like most of us love this game. That said I decided to start a list of things I would hope make their way into the standalone - not all will agree obviously:

• Personal survival log - numbers of players/infected killed, deaths, current character live time.
  • Locked Servers to prevent the ridiculous amount of Server ghosting.
  • Fishing (sad to some but it's actually a good food source).
  • Party/in-game chat switching - sometimes it prevents interacting with other players resulting in more KoS than I would like (when not all of a group have radios so we switch to party).
  • reintroduction of hot button for quick select items.
  • Helis (Maybe basic hummingbird style) - a lot to ask this one I know.
  • Broken legs (Despite spending more time than I would like crawling around looking for Morphine.....)
  • Bicycles (but rare so players can't just shoot back to their bodies in minutes of being killed).
  • Drop the AP mines and introduce tripwire explosive.
  • Throwing items - then introduce grenades..... :-))))) a problem for bases though so unless stronger bases coming in then a no-no.....
  • NVG's - we have the Night scope so maybe it's time for some NVGs.
  • Only being able to eat cooked meat - too easy to kill and just eat raw.
  • In game map (Better than current) - I don't personally need one but would be very handy for those that do.....

All good points. 

I agree

Adding to the already huge list of forgotten improvements that i feel Dayz needs.

• Spray paint for ghillie color change like the good old days.
  • Add more blood when hitting players and blood trails for tracking... Currently good examples in PC mod game play.
  • Blood regeneration should take longer than currently implemented to make blood bags more useful again.
  • More structures for base building. A few more options will make a big game play difference. Example being sandbags, doorways not just gates, and maybe a small fully enclosed shack.
  • Fishing for food/ balance would be removing some of the food spawns on boats. Yes this would make starting off harder but RP will greatly benefit from this.
  • GPS
  • More spawns around left side of Chernogorsk, Currently the majority of spawns are between Elektro and ship wreck (Rify) located north of Berezino. I know there are plenty of other spawns across the shoreline but most traffic ends up on the east coastline and barely any ends up on the south coastline.
  • Chance of hunting Scope or Pso scope spawning in hunting hut/stand would be a nice change for civilian life. Currently no motive to search the stands for weapon parts. 
  • vehicle traction needs reworked on 4x4 to climb hills/inclines.

This list is just a few changes that would be nice to see in future Dayz patches that wasn't mentioned in the above comments. Many other ideas like new vehicles would be nice but also time consuming considering the current state of Dayz. Keep up the good work guys and focus on quality of life updates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tyler Hauck said:
  • Add more blood when hitting players and blood trails for tracking... Currently good examples in PC mod game play.
  • Blood regeneration should take longer than currently implemented to make blood bags more useful again.

Definitely like these suggestions

• Like 1

• pistolwhip /gunpunch: going into melee after a gun is empty/jammed
• kicking: same as above as another alternative
• drive-by shooting from vehicles
• stone throwing: been mentioned before, a way to cause distraction or injury
• writing on papers + pen: an in-game way to leave notes
• watches: can be set to major city clocks, include a battery
• "Play Dead" emote: better than lying down and can be a life-saver

On 4/8/2019 at 9:17 AM, pilgrim* said:

Have you tried talking to them ?  Perhaps you can find out what they are so mad about ?

I think the zombies are just "misunderstood".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

I think the zombies are just "misunderstood".

- the invaders with guns, they call us "zombies"

Edited by pilgrim*
~

4 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I have...

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/nayte/screenshot/12035901

He said him and his kind aren’t happy with the duper’s. So they’re done being friendly, and just kos now.

so that's how you dupe a box of matches - you get together with a zomb and just .. concentrate ..

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 9:47 AM, Cazza95 said:

Added:

1. more EU servers (went on last night and all but 3 of them were "high")

2. Special "day only" and "night only" servers or alternate the day/night cycle on a server by server basis (too many servers were night when i look for a server)

Fix:

1.loot spawns (died 5 times in an hour because of lack of drink)

2.Zombie behaviour (i was getting swarmed for no reason when i had nothing to fight with - link to point 1)

You spawn with a pepsi and within 3 mins of running the coast you can find a backpack, 3-4 cans of food and some drinks... 90% of spawns have drinkable (probably contaminated) water within 100 yds of the spawn... The only loot we need more of is higher powered weapons

15 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

so that's how you dupe a box of matches - you get together with a zomb and just .. concentrate ..

Thing is, I wasn’t able to catch the part where we danced and chanted within the summoning circle around our rice offering. I was the only one who saw him, my character was the clairvoyant of our group.

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, PondjectsKilla said:

You spawn with a pepsi and within 3 mins of running the coast you can find a backpack, 3-4 cans of food and some drinks... 90% of spawns have drinkable (probably contaminated) water within 100 yds of the spawn... The only loot we need more of is higher powered weapons

Agreed - anyone dying due to lack of food or drink needs to learn how to play the game properly.....🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Even so, we have a work around for ingame and party chat ( party via smartphone app, ingame via Xbox ), its not only a DayZ exclusive issue. The whole party chat software is designed to be like it currently is and its Xbox devs thing to change first ( include ToS or whatever too ) in order to make it work.

BI cant do much about it and PlayStation users will probably have the same issue as well, when DayZ launch on PS.