ImpulZ

Server hotfix: Data Check failed

Dear Xbox Survivors,

We are currently deploying a server-side hotfix for the "Data Check failed" issue some of you are experiencing on Xbox. This will result in a server downtime of approximately one hour.

What does that mean for you? It depends on your situation:

I've been playing just fine until now

In your case, this will not result in any changes for you. Just wait for the servers to come back online, no game update is needed.

I've had issues loading into a server / a "Data Check failed" error

If you're experiencing the "Data Check failed", the game will behave as follows:

1) You will see 5 attempts to reload the broken character from database
2) Your character will be reset when the 5th attempt fails
3) You will automatically connected with a fresh character

Your character will now be automatically wiped every time the issue happens to you, so that you can re-enter the game immediately. You do not need to download an update, it will be server-side only. This also means you do NOT need to submit your error via mail anymore.

This is only a hotfix to allow you to play even if the cost is losing your character gear. In the meantime, the dev teams are still working hard on introducing a proper fix, unfortunately so far, we've had no luck reproducing the issue internally which complicates the attempt to fix the issue.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience one more time, hopefully this will be over soon! 🙂

• Thanks 1

start every day like fresh is no solution,i wait for fix

• Like 1

Please continue to work hard on a system that punishes server hopes and duplicators. I would be very exited for a one character per server option. The zombies are perfect. Playing with the new setting is the first time I've felt like I was actually in a zombie apocolypse. Maybe to help cater to the people who don't like the strength of the zombies there can be servers created that are just for the casual player kind of like the HC/First person only server options. Dangerous zombies makes you think twice about killing on site another big issue in the game. It's a zombie apocolypse and you need to work together to survive. 

Thank you

• Like 1

wait so does this mean once you guys fix the database issue you will have to do a character whipe?

I know what is causing this issue. Yet you guys still don't want to listen to what I have to say. 

IF YOU DROP AN ITEM AND WALK AWAY AND LOG OFF SHORTLY AFTER DROPPING SAID ITEM, THE NEXT LOG ON ATTEMPTED WILL LOCK CHARACTER! THIS IS A HUUUUGE ISSUE WITH YOUR GAME

• Beans 1

35 minutes ago, Jake Blake said:

I know what is causing this issue. Yet you guys still don't want to listen to what I have to say. 

IF YOU DROP AN ITEM AND WALK AWAY AND LOG OFF SHORTLY AFTER DROPPING SAID ITEM, THE NEXT LOG ON ATTEMPTED WILL LOCK CHARACTER! THIS IS A HUUUUGE ISSUE WITH YOUR GAME

Great!  - Be helpful, gain kudos & mult-thanx  - put in a  BUG REPORT

@ImpulZ  and many players will be happy if you are right

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Naphin said:

espere, ¿significa esto una vez que ustedes solucionen el problema de la base de datos, tendrán que hacer un golpe de carácter?

Yes....... Pffff.  And they dont give US solution forma the duplicate objets bug

1 hour ago, Cookster1234 said:

Will you be sorting the zombies out way over power would be great thanks

Their not OP, if you get jumped IRL do you think you're going told of 4,5,6 ppl Mr Hulk? Idk man

2 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

Im kinda glad that this happens as that was how you duped items. You dropped a bag or whatever an go to another server and come back to dropped item server and you had duped items. So yes keep that in game please keep locked players in that server. As duping is a HUUUUGE issue with the game.

17 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Im kinda glad that this happens as that was how you duped items. You dropped a bag or whatever an go to another server and come back to dropped item server and you had duped items. So yes keep that in game please keep locked players in that server. As duping is a HUUUUGE issue with the game.

The way people were doing it before was dropping stuff and then leaving right away and then joining a different server right away. This is much different. If you drop any items from your inventory and then log off and even wait the 15 seconds no matter when you come back whether it be 10 seconds or an hour later that has a chance of locking you as done it twice to us

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Great!  - Be helpful, gain kudos & mult-thanx  - put in a  BUG REPORT

@ImpulZ  and many players will be happy if you are right

I would if I could but everytime I go to report a bug it says to click on the star on the top right and there is no star on the top right.

38 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Let me put it to you like this, you pick up an axe that you don't want, you drop it because you didn't want it, and then your mom comes down to the basement and tells you to get off your ass so you log out. An hour later you go to log back on and you're locked. You have to wait several minutes after dropping something before you log out or you risk locking yourself accidentally.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jake Blake said:

La forma en que las personas lo hacían antes era dejar caer cosas y luego irse de inmediato y luego unirse a un servidor diferente de inmediato. Esto es muy diferente. Si sueltas cualquier artículo de tu inventario y luego te desconectas e incluso esperas los 15 segundos sin importar cuándo regreses, ya sea 10 segundos o una hora más tarde, es posible que te bloqueemos como lo hicimos nosotros dos veces.

The playera continue to do so without any penalty. And they jump between the servers to atack other playera changing positions using the servers.

It's frustrating.

Nobody from Bohemia int give us antes answer. 😞

Lock your characters to their servers because people play this for realism not be ghosted, server hoppers, duping ect. Just lock players character to a server it will Stop duping server hopping ghosting and people hopping into your base. Even better if you fix meatballing and combat logging by maybe making the character sleep in the position they logged on for a few hours after they log. Also make body’s despair quicker because it’s a slow pace game and you have to watch body’s for a while before you can loot and it so unfair not being able to loot them because you have to wait to make sure the area is clear, I get you want to make sure permandeath ensures you loose everything when you die but maybe make it you cannot loot your old body somehow. Also reduce the clothes slots and increase backpack slots, why should a jacked have the same slots as some backpacks. Again also decrease slot sizes of everything to make it more simple and apocalyptic it’s to. This game is to easy and it isnt the days a lot of us know and bought it for. Why should you spawn with food water rags and a knife and flare how about good ol’ flashlight and battery we want a survival game not a big TDM, you spawn in and find guns with ammo instantly it should take hours before you can get a decent gun with some rounds. Just all we want is DayZ not a big DTM full of duper ghosting and combs logging we want a survival game with aspects of pvp not a pvp game with survival aspects.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jake Blake said:

I would if I could but everytime I go to report a bug it says to click on the star on the top right and there is no star on the top right.

For ANYONE who doesn't know  - In your comment here in a thread, if you type @   and then add the name of anyone - like someone from Staff for instance -  After you type @ and start writing the name, you get a dropdown choice list. Click on their name there & it comes out in a blue square in your text (you've seen them already) - Then that person will def come read your message to see what it's about.   So no chance of it being missed.

Like if I type my own name < pilgrim* > but I start with   @     I get @pilgrim*

nice

And you can message anyone , too.

or send a report to the Feedback Tracker at feedback.bistudio.com

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

Let me put it to you like this, you pick up an axe that you don't want, you drop it because you didn't want it, and then your mom comes down to the basement and tells you to get off your ass so you log out. An hour later you go to log back on and you're locked. You have to wait several minutes after dropping something before you log out or you risk locking yourself accidentally.

Im 31 yrs old dont have that issue but also i haven't done that since release yet no need to.

To all those wanting one character per server. NO!NO!NO!!!!!!! THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF THIS GAME. Being able to join a different server to squad up with your friends. Maybe an allied squad are having problems with a bandit squad in a certain server. You and your friends can go help them out. Maybe just no spawning inside buildings that would help the ghosting problem. A 1 minute log off timer would help the combat logging. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jake Blake said:

you have to set up a new account to make a bug report and you have to log in to the bug report site. Its separate. Once you have an account and you are logged in you can see the star in the right corner

Hahaha so funny seeing all the server hoppers and dupers trapped. Serves you all right.

Stick to a server

• Beans 1

I'll give it another go, when it actually gets fixed, I'm not going to work for hours getting decent gear just to be locked out again, just to get wiped. Maybe when its actually fixed, I'll give this game another try.

23 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Dear Xbox Survivors,

We are currently deploying a server-side hotfix for the "Data Check failed" issue some of you are experiencing on Xbox. This will result in a server downtime of approximately one hour.

What does that mean for you? It depends on your situation:

I've been playing just fine until now

In your case, this will not result in any changes for you. Just wait for the servers to come back online, no game update is needed.

I've had issues loading into a server / a "Data Check failed" error

If you're experiencing the "Data Check failed", the game will behave as follows:

1) You will see 5 attempts to reload the broken character from database
2) Your character will be reset when the 5th attempt fails
3) You will automatically connected with a fresh character

Your character will now be automatically wiped every time the issue happens to you, so that you can re-enter the game immediately. You do not need to download an update, it will be server-side only. This also means you do NOT need to submit your error via mail anymore.

This is only a hotfix to allow you to play even if the cost is losing your character gear. In the meantime, the dev teams are still working hard on introducing a proper fix, unfortunately so far, we've had no luck reproducing the issue internally which complicates the attempt to fix the issue.

We want to apologize for the inconvenience one more time, hopefully this will be over soon! 🙂

I KNOW HOW TO REPLICATE THIS ISSUE! PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!!! 

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

you have to set up a new account to make a bug report and you have to log in to the bug report site. Its separate. Once you have an account and you are logged in you can see the star in the right corner

I did it last night. These guys don't listen to shit though unfortunately. They say they can't replicate the issue but I can replicate it over and over again....