Vernon_Price

Current form of testing.

Hello... So yea, now, that we have that behind us, let's get to the topic, i'll try to keep it short.

Current Experimental testing form is quite disappointing in few aspect of it, as far as I can understand, that developers want to check, if everything works without any blockers/major issues in the regular game, testing new stuff like cars, or basebuilding doesn't really fit into that way of testing, due its long-term "Search for stuff' part. 

Let's face it - How many of you actually tried to test new Olga (Sedan) or build a complete base in the experimental, and actually use them for more than a day, to expose bugs ect? 

Just to be clear - Building a base/completing a car takes from 2 to even 5 hours sometimes. Let's that say you've spent over 3 hours of collecting parts for Olga, and then car made both, you and your friend unconscious, and almost killed only by entering the car, then short after that, car disappears leaving only smoke after itself - That exactly what happened to me and my friend yesterday. We basically lost over 3 hours of our time, just to make this car disappear, and no one would be mad about that bug, cause we could easly report it and go find other bugs, except it took over 3h just to find this one. I'll give you some screenshots of that ofc.

Spoiler

D23P6HBWwAIcIyF.jpgD23Q6Y0WsAAokWZ.jpgD23QX5fW0AAkdlG.jpg

What's my point? In the Stress test enviroment, when the devs first introduced Offroad, we could find a car that has high ratio of spawn, enter it and just simply start the engine, and test it. It'd take 10-20 minutes to do so, and in this Olga's case, it'd take 10-20 minutes to find and report this bug, instead of over 3h, where we could just simply die and never get to reproduce this bug, to get more feedback for the developers. 

Now... as I said before, I get it that you don't wanna just make another car stress tests, cause of other game's parts, but no one would be hurt if you'd make at least 1-2 servers JUST for testing purposes for players, with higher car spawn ratio (Already packed together, ready to ride.), cause I'm pretty sure real number of players actually reporting issues about stuff like cars can close in about 20-30, others just get mad after dying to something, they don't wanna waste their time on. (So there is no report, no feedback, just frustration.)

So what's the solution?

- Consider having 1-2 servers with a higher spawn ratio of NEW things, and make them already packed together so players that wants to give you feedback, could actually do it. 

- Leave other servers with normal survival gameplay, so after finding some bugs in the servers mentioned above, we could try to reproduce them in normal gameplay

After doing that, you'd have much more players actually testing what's new and giving you feedback. Please consider this suggestion. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 6

The Lada test servers were also known as the NWAF PVP stress test servers.  Having only 1 or 2 servers with condensed spawns, new loot, and ready to go cars might get a bit hard to test for the few people actually looking to do so.  Just sayin'...

39 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

The Lada test servers were also known as the NWAF PVP stress test servers.  Having only 1 or 2 servers with condensed spawns, new loot, and ready to go cars might get a bit hard to test for the few people actually looking to do so.  Just sayin'...

That's exactly why making another stress test wouldn't make much sense. We need normal servers, with normal spawns, but with much higher spawn ratio, so we can test them much faster than in hours. That is what i meant. 

• Beans 2

I agree with you 100%. I think that test servers should provide an easier way to test the operation of any content. It makes no sense to force players to spend a lot of time looking for problems. Or give the DayZCommunityOfflineMode mission with a full list of content.
 This is a very old tradition to give content testing without a convenient way. Is it really difficult to create in the mission a revival point for the car frame and all parts of the car next to the frame? Store shelves must be beat full of equipment and weapons.
What is the point of the test if the main stream of error messages appears several days after the release of the main update of the game?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I agree with you 100%. I think that test servers should provide an easier way to test the operation of any content. It makes no sense to force players to spend a lot of time looking for problems. Or give the DayZCommunityOfflineMode mission with a full list of content.
 This is a very old tradition to give content testing without a convenient way. Is it really difficult to create in the mission a revival point for the car frame and all parts of the car next to the frame? Store shelves must be beat full of equipment and weapons.
What is the point of the test if the main stream of error messages appears several days after the release of the main update of the game?

I agree with you, except the part about DayZCommunityOfflineMode. Most stuff behave differently online, than offline, so you most likely won't be able to find some of the problems. But yea, they NEED to do something with this test updates, cause i'm for sure not gonna just give away few hours to die by a new car anymore, and I guess im not alone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon_Price said:

I agree with you, except the part about DayZCommunityOfflineMode. Most stuff behave differently online, than offline, so you most likely won't be able to find some of the problems. But yea, they NEED to do something with this test updates, cause i'm for sure not gonna just give away few hours to die by a new car anymore, and I guess im not alone.  

I understand that there are problems that arise only in Online.
What is good about DayZCommunityOfflineMode is the ability to quickly create an environment in which a problem arises and reproduce it for review.
You need to have both reliable test options, both Offline and Online.
For the Online test, you need a map with spawning in a big city on the embankment, with a spawning fair of all game content. The test must occur in abundance of things around,
providing the player quickly collect everything for construction, travel, shooting - this is something like a quick test.