philbur

Finding the boundaries of the map segments

Just wondering if anyone out there has a map that displays the actual sections of the C+ map....

The reason I'm asking is because of the crazy lag you experience when transitioning into a section that has a large base (or multiple bases).

It's not the end of the world when on foot...but when I have friendly survivors wanting to meet me at my base in their car 50% of the time they end up either dead with a wrecked car...or just plain wrecking their car.

I have identified a few exact transitions around the Zeleno area, but would like to see the entire layout if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions, Cheers!

• Beans 1

are you sure it works like that? I think persistent objects have their own network bubbles similar to players.

8 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

streifentheorie.jpg

The was the suggested base / storage wipe lane map too, wasn't it? 

I don't think the lanes are what I'm referring to. It's more like what @Buakawhinted at....like maybe a "Bubble" around character-generated persistence events\objects... (the larger, and more data-laden the object, the greater the lag when a player enters it)?

I want to investigate further, because not only is it a potentially Character-ending bug....it really kills your immersion.

1 hour ago, philbur said:

I don't think the lanes are what I'm referring to. It's more like what @Buakawhinted at....like maybe a "Bubble" around character-generated persistence events\objects... (the larger, and more data-laden the object, the greater the lag when a player enters it)?

I want to investigate further, because not only is it a potentially Character-ending bug....it really kills your immersion.

Yeah the network bubbles have existed since I remember and I don’t recall them ever having been fixed. I put a barrel down and guys I’m playing with - within a couple hundred meters anyway- remark that they get a bump. 

There’s wind bumps and darkness bumps and weather bumps where the server is raining and the client isn’t. 

Nothing but pure amazing from our silent friends in the devgru.  

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, eno said:

Nothing but pure amazing from our silent friends in the devgru.  

Hell Yeah…. Pure magic...what they're doing.....

Seems like a LOT of deep issues are being left unattended....and it will come back and bite this game in the butt, eventually....when the core functionality is so poorly sorted out.

Edited by philbur