Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Please Address Sprint/Stamina Duration

Against my better judgement, I loaded up the console port last night to play with a friend...

Got some small gear, and end up being taken out by infected during the night hours over and over and over...same for my friend. There is just not ample sprint duration to escape. It's not fun to get killed by infected over and over and over and over as a fresh spawn. I've got thousands upon thousands of hours in DayZ, I know how to play. The sprint duration is too low. 

Finally got some weapons and got taken out by a bambi with a stone knife because I wasn't able to properly escape due to lack of sprint stamina. I was at about 60ish% of 100%. Bambi's shouldn't such an advantage. I spent 2 hours gearing to get taken out by a fresh spawn because I couldn't escape. If you get cut once, you get cut 5x and die. Not enough time to drop gear.

The stock sprint speed of 5 which is like 20 or 28 seconds of sprint with zero gear is great for PC because it gives server owners the choice to modify those values. I have my servers set to 1 which is like 1:38ish seconds of sprint. There has to be an option for players on console to escape other players or infected and the current setting is too low for enjoyment.

Please up the value of 5 (20 or 28 seconds...I forget) to at least 2 which is 48 seconds. 5 isn't enjoyable, thank you.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2

The kitchen knife is your best friend where infected are concerned. If you agro more than two get in a house until they lose interest. You can also crouch run right behind them and they’re none the wiser.

It makes sense that Bambi’s would have extra stamina, especially after you’ve looted up a bit. That’s why it’s the risk vs reward element when approaching a freshie. I always..always tell them to keep their distance, the stun lock is brutal. If they don’t then it’s back to the coast for them, unless I can establish communication.

Personally, I think the stamina is at a good place. It’s pretty much what we’ve been used to since December, and requires careful consideration about when and where to run.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Against my better judgement, I loaded up the console port last night to play with a friend...

Got some small gear, and end up being taken out by infected during the night hours over and over and over...same for my friend. There is just not ample sprint duration to escape. It's not fun to get killed by infected over and over and over and over as a fresh spawn. I've got thousands upon thousands of hours in DayZ, I know how to play. The sprint duration is too low. 

Finally got some weapons and got taken out by a bambi with a stone knife because I wasn't able to properly escape due to lack of sprint stamina. I was at about 60ish% of 100%. Bambi's shouldn't such an advantage. I spent 2 hours gearing to get taken out by a fresh spawn because I couldn't escape. If you get cut once, you get cut 5x and die. Not enough time to drop gear.

The stock sprint speed of 5 which is like 20 or 28 seconds of sprint with zero gear is great for PC because it gives server owners the choice to modify those values. I have my servers set to 1 which is like 1:38ish seconds of sprint. There has to be an option for players on console to escape other players or infected and the current setting is too low for enjoyment.

Please up the value of 5 (20 or 28 seconds...I forget) to at least 2 which is 48 seconds. 5 isn't enjoyable, thank you.

So you have higher values on pc? 

• Sad 1