McPhorce

7.62 ?

Where is it?! I've searched four bases and the only place I found any 76 was on a book case in a small town... Not to mention the gun spawns are overflowing with SG5's...

15 minutes ago, McPhorce said:

Where is it?! I've searched four bases and the only place I found any 76 was on a book case in a small town... Not to mention the gun spawns are overflowing with SG5's...

its small and light and has a thirty round mag, whats not to like? Nine mm rounds arent too hard to find and it takes the atog scope

Most KOS encounters are at ranges under 100m so it does the job

the 556, 762 and 762 39 are hard to find and are typically in the military bases . . . 762 54, yes i find more in towns and villages, I presume as a result of the mosin spawning there

I got fed up with seeing too many SK 59/66 lying around my favourite mil base

I’ve been finding 7.62x39 and 54 in random houses, of course at mil sites as well.

Edited by Nayte
Typo

U put  an acog what has 4x zoom on ur mp5 instead of the combat sight red dot? Hmmkay 

13 hours ago, Neophyter said:

U put  an acog what has 4x zoom on ur mp5 instead of the combat sight red dot? Hmmkay 

Hate the combat sight. I would much rather just rock the iron sights...

I have all three of those and now deciding on which to keep. 

The Mosin rounds I found alot of were on the west side of the map in houses and the castle, currently have 150 Mosin rounds, however I can't seem to find alot of 762.39 rounds, picked up about 11 rounds in total, same with the 9mm for the SG5, but I know that I will find alot of 9mm, 762.39 and 45mil rounds on the east side of the map but very very little Mosin rounds, that's just what I have noticed from running across the map looting etc... 

On 3/30/2019 at 1:30 AM, Neophyter said:

I am not a KOS player, I use it to snipe zombies and also as binoculars.. .  . works fine shooting at range (even if I feel faintly ridiculous sniping with the sgk/mp 5)

I am always carrying it so . . . more space in the pack instead of binoculars (which in the 1.01 release dont work anyway) looking forward to the 1.02 and the rangefinder working again .. . to see how far I can shoot with it

I cannot say that I havent seen any red dot sights, because  I dont look for them, but if I had to choose between iron sights and the red dot, it would be red dot every time . .

Edited by aux7

7.62 x 39 is quite plentiful, I found lots in about 3 hours of gameplay last night, 95% of it in military areas (4 different sites but mostly at the NWAF) the trick is to kill the zombies as some of them seem to be carrying full boxes...

1 hour ago, xxxD1RTD1VRxxx said:

7.62 x 39 is quite plentiful, I found lots in about 3 hours of gameplay last night, 95% of it in military areas (4 different sites but mostly at the NWAF) the trick is to kill the zombies as some of them seem to be carrying full boxes...

I was finding plenty 762.39 on the east side of the map, all in the civilian/residential areas that was until the update, now I'm finding alot less for some reason sometimes nothing at all, so this is either that there are alot more players on DayZ now since it came out of preview or they changed "fixed" the CLE  because now where I used to find alot of the 762.39 ammo etc...I'm now picking up CR-75 pistosl which I could only find basically on the west side of the map prior to the update.

• Like 1