nikoor

Controls needs a rework!

I wouldn't make this post if I didn't like the game. I wouldn't bother. But since that's not the case and I'm pissed to my teeth because of the controller layout that I can not enjoy the game anymore. There's few things that are just unacceptable and we all know that! So let's start with the biggest one:

Leaning

• People who does not play with a claw grip can not lean right and shoot at the same time because they are holding RB with their index finger and they've never used middle finger on RT. It's just awkward!
  • For the last 6 months we've been using RB for iron sight, it did not need to be moved. It's not like we have all the buttons of a keyboard to re-configure everything to match our muscle memory.
  • Some people liked when they could freelook while they were aiming (LT), now it's not possible.
  • Solution: Make leaning toggle-able and use LT + LS/RS instead.

Zoom & Freelook

• Now that they are bound in the same button it's impossible to look behind you and then zoom in. Instead you need to Zoom in first and then turn your head which takes ages and feels awkward.
  • Solution: Bind Freelook to RB and Zoom where it was, LB. Freelook did need a remap but Zoom didn't and does not need to be toggle-able. Again a thing we've been used to do for the past 6 months which worked just fine and did not need to be changed!

X & Y

• Another thing that I and many of us can't understand why these needed to be changed around after 6 months. The biggest issue with it is you can't equip your first item in your quickwheel by pressing Y anymore. WHY? Please put it back. It's like you'd take of the 1,2,3,4 quickbar on PC. Are you going to do that? What do you think the reaction would be?

Dead Zone & Sensitivity

• It's frustrating to see after 4 months the dead zone is still there and it makes precise aiming impossible.
  • It's also impossible to do a nice little circle with your right stick, give it a go can you? Instead you end up doing a square...

Inventory issues

• Moving items from a container to a container requires 2 EXTRA button presses per item! Before you could just spam Y which leads us to the cause of this:
  • 'Cursor' moves to where ever you're moving an item ie. you take a mag in your hands to reload it and suddenly your 'cursor' is in your hands when before it stayed in the container where you moved the mag from so it was easy to combine the bullets straight away but now you need to move back to the said container.
  • Solution: Do not move the 'cursor' with the item!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LT + LS/RS (click) = Leaning, TOGGLE! <- this is a must on console!

LT + RB = Iron sight
LT + LB = Scope

LB = Zoom
RB = Freelook

I sincerely hope you guys make these changes or at least put up a vote for the best options. It's just not working currently. I honestly lost all the interest because of the awkward controls.

Other than this the game is still one of the best and one of my favorite. Performance definitely better, still some fps & rendering issues but smoother definitely.

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 4

Maybe look through the threads before you start a similiar one. 

Go here to vote and add your prefered set up - - - - - - - > 

• Haha 1

I wrote this last night actually, 24h ago. left it there and posted when I got back to my pc today and your layout does not work, no offense. I'd like to tell you why if you want to come up with the best setup so maybe we'll get heard. More the hazzle around the topic the better, I hope for more same subject threads just for them to notice and let us know they've heard us and they'll be doing something to it.

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nikoor said:

I wrote this last night actually, 24h ago. left it there and posted when I got back to my pc today and your layout does not work, no offense. I'd like to tell you why if you want to come up with the best setup so maybe we'll get heard. More the hazzle around the topic the better, I hope for more same subject threads just for them to notice and let us know they've heard us and they'll be doing something to it.

Ok... Never mind then. 

But you want scope on lb.. That's claw style right there. 

Edited by bent.toe

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Ok... Never mind then. 

But you want scope on lb.. That's claw style right there. 

Yes but we've all got used to it, it's doable with the base of your index finger. My suggestions are based for better gameplay which includes muscle memory. I think we can all agree that leaning needs to be on the sticks (toggle) like suggested by both. At the moment it's useless ( leaning and shooting at the same time) for majority of the players. Also pressing LS and RS should be very minimal if nonexistent in a game where's shooting involved. Going iron sights with RS is the worst idea for aiming a gun. I could go on and on and on how the buttons didn't need to be changed and the leaning system binded to bumpers f'd up everything else.

edit: why I'm so upset about the leaning? because it's become crucial since I play only on the hardcore servers. why would I wanna expose myself when someone else with a different grip is able to peak me? 

Edited by nikoor

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

Yes but we've all got used to it

Really? You speak for everyone? 

I never got used to it and instead only used M4 with acog since it's one press on rb and your in scope. 

But since you speak for all of us could you please consider my set up aswell when you talk to the developers. 

Thanks. 

Edited by bent.toe

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

Really? You speak for everyone? 

I never got used to it and instead only used M4 with acog since it's one press on rb and your in scope. 

But since you speak for all of us could you please consider my set up aswell when you talk to the developers. 

Thanks. 

No need to hurt ur feelings. I might consider it with just a few little changes. LB = Zoom, Firemode = RS (double click), Quickwheel d-pad right, Gestures d-pad left. All the rest is on the starting post.

"this is how I think is the best layout.. Don’t like it? Well boo hoo.." 

Edited by nikoor

Why o why did they remove the old controller layout completely instead giving 2+ options for layout. I was so excited for new update, now i am not even sure if i'll check it out. Mostly because they moved aim controls like that. It's 2019 and we have only one controller layout to choose from,, mind blowing. I love HARDCORE and personally think there iron sight should be LT and RS press for fire mode selection. 

Edited by MaximusDickus
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

No need to hurt ur feelings. I might consider it with just a few little changes. LB = Zoom, Firemode = RS (double click), Quickwheel d-pad right, Gestures d-pad left. All the rest is on the starting post.

"this is how I think is the best layout.. Don’t like it? Well boo hoo.." 

Lol, true.  🙂

I still think zoom should be on RS pressed. 

I rarely change fire mode so I'm good with d-pad. 

24 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Lol, true.  🙂

I still think zoom should be on RS pressed. 

I rarely change fire mode so I'm good with d-pad. 

would you consider LB since it's been there for the past few months? This time I'm confident to say we've all got used to it already. I mean clicking RS requires the most force of any buttons and we all know how awkward pressing RS while tilting to look around can be...

The only thing that gives me a headache is the quickwheel. Now, when we can't move while opening the menu, it does not matter if it is in the d-pad but in the future when/if they add that you can walk and use inventory/quickwheel it becomes a problem since you definitely don't want to stop (let go of LS) to use it which is the case if it's on d-pad and you're using your left thumb to press it. One solution would be to make the quickwheel menu so that you don't need to hold it down but just press so it would be possible to move and use your right hand thumb for it. It's all about not trying to affect your gameplay with awkward button combinations.

Edited by nikoor

57 minutes ago, nikoor said:

would you consider LB since it's been there for the past few months? This time I'm confident to say we've all got used to it already. I mean clicking RS requires the most force of any buttons and we all know how awkward pressing RS while tilting to look around can be...

The only thing that gives me a headache is the quickwheel. Now, when we can't move while opening the menu, it does not matter if it is in the d-pad but in the future when/if they add that you can walk and use inventory/quickwheel it becomes a problem since you definitely don't want to stop (let go of LS) to use it which is the case if it's on d-pad and you're using your left thumb to press it. One solution would be to make the quickwheel menu so that you don't need to hold it down but just press so it would be possible to move and use your right hand thumb for it. It's all about not trying to affect your gameplay with awkward button combinations.

Yeah it could work.. And quick wheel back to d-pad? 

What will RS pressed be then? 

46 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Yeah it could work.. And quick wheel back to d-pad? 

What will RS pressed be then? 

Yea if quickwheel is back on d-pad the only thing that's left is the fire-mode

edit: I just realized holding breath would be impossible if the leaning were in sticks. If you're leaned to right and hold breath your character will lean left instead. In this case your suggestion for scope - double tap RB would free LB and would serve as a hold breath which is how it is done in PUBG. Other than that propably the best solution is to make the lean function toggle since that's what's preventing people from leaning and shooting at the same time. 

Edited by nikoor

I forgot that you need to change perspective hah which is RS so let that be there and make fire-mode LT + right on d-pad since you can't open quickwheel when holding LT anyway

The controls have felt OK so far. Took me an hour or so to get used to it but I don't mind the current layout. I agree free look and zoom isn't perfect but I like that zoom is now a toggle. Free look is so much better now. Not sure why voip still isn't work properly yet though. 

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The controls have felt OK so far. Took me an hour or so to get used to it but I don't mind the current layout. I agree free look and zoom isn't perfect but I like that zoom is now a toggle. Free look is so much better now. Not sure why voip still isn't work properly yet though. 

Can you lean right and shoot at the same time? I can't because I have no fingers left to pull RT. Zoom should be like it was that's how it is ment to be and have always been it did not need to be changed. Now if you want to quickly zoom in and check something it takes 4 button presses instead of 1. I can't wait till they give us the option to use mouse and keyboard. 

Why four clicks to zoom in? 

I can shoot OK, but I guess I'm used to driving tanks in battlefield 4 where I'm using bumpers and triggers together. So possibly I'm just used to it, but I do find it's pretty comfortable. 

21 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Why four clicks to zoom in? 

I can shoot OK, but I guess I'm used to driving tanks in battlefield 4 where I'm using bumpers and triggers together. So possibly I'm just used to it, but I do find it's pretty comfortable. 

Lucky you. Wish I learned claw grip but now it's too late.

Yes it takes 2 two zoom in and 2 to zoom out, 4 in total where before just 1...

Edited by nikoor