Lemmywinkzz

Character Locked in Database

Question

I'm not sure whats wrong right now. I updated my game today to the newest patch (full release) and hopped on to play when it was done installing. I played for about 35-40min on 1 server and the server message at the bottom said there was 10 minutes until reset, so I decided to quit and join a new server so I won't lose any progress. But when I tried to join a new server I got the "Character locked in database" message with the 5 second countdown thing. I had this happen a couple months ago when DayZ was first released on Xbox and I was told to just quit the game and wait about an hour. That worked before. However now I'm still locked. I really don't understand why. I literally only played on 1 server, I didn't server hop at all. There's no customer service to contact so I'm just reaching out to see if this is happening to anyone else and if anyone has a fix. Just to add I also tried deleting the saved game data after I waited over an hour. 

13 answers to this question

Hey I feel your pain brother. Same exact thing happened to me. I even un installed and re installed the game twice. I am really into this game and the entire concept ( except for allot of people trying to make it the new PUBG ) but after months of dealing with the pre launch and all its goofy problems and now the full launch and I cant even play at all. I have about had it with the entire thing. If I hear anything I will post it and please do the same. Other wise I am giving it another 48 hrs and then if no change I am done. Hell I can get this treatment from Bethesda and Fallout 76.  

18 minutes ago, wormyfawn said:

Hey I feel your pain brother. Same exact thing happened to me. I even un installed and re installed the game twice. I am really into this game and the entire concept ( except for allot of people trying to make it the new PUBG ) but after months of dealing with the pre launch and all its goofy problems and now the full launch and I cant even play at all. I have about had it with the entire thing. If I hear anything I will post it and please do the same. Other wise I am giving it another 48 hrs and then if no change I am done. Hell I can get this treatment from Bethesda and Fallout 76.  

Yeah I really dont understand. I had this happen months ago but I just waited and it fixed itself. Now it's been over 5 hours and still I'm locked. I've been playing since it came out on Xbox. Now I just literally can't play? There's no fucking support to get ahold of either. Wtf are we supposed to do.

• Thanks 1

Wish someone like a developer could anwser this or fix this your new update has only cause me to be kicked from a lobby and locked out for 12 hrs so far this update is trash 

Not sure either. Played for about 45 minutes and logged to go eat dinner and them locked out for 15 hours so far. This is crazy. Everytime they fix something the game gets even worse. I am done with this game and asking for a refund. This is enough.

Thursday 3/28/19 @ 1600 hrs. Still all locked up even though Bohemia posted several hours ago that they unlocked everyone on both the XBOX and P.C.Everyday is a new adventure. 

same to me,locked in database.unbelievable

CHARACTER LOCKED IN DATABASE. 

Apparently the only way to fix it is send your gamer ID number thats on bottom left of your intro screen to BI and they will KILL your character before you can even play again. 

So Monday at least. BS BI.

• Haha 1

Find character id at bottom left of character page (where you see your character just before you hit "play" its the incredibly long number with letters and numbers)

email the number to

community@dayz.com

they "kill" your character so you can restart the game with a new one.

Fix in progress but they still don't know what's causing the issue.

• Like 1