Mattyw

is it not a joke that I spent days and days collecting equipment and now have been reset. This is a joke I spent hours and hours getting my things and it’s all for nothing

Please tell me there is a way of getting it all back 

• Haha 1

Rules of DayZ

#1: NEVER get attached to your gear, you are ALWAYS one step away from death. You will die from Zombies, players, glitches, your power or net going out, it will happen, it is part of the game.

#2: Take the loss and move on, it's just gear, you can get more

#3: Risk vs. Reward, is it really worth it, do you stand to lose more than you gain and how safe is it?

#4: Situational Awareness: Simply put, you have it or you're dead.  Keep tabs on your surroundings, your food and water intake, ammo, amount of zeds in the area and are you in a high loot area or high lane of traffic. Do this, your chances of survival go up.

#5: It's just a game. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes not, nothing is permanent and anything can happen.

TL;DR: no, no one can give you your gear back, pick yourself up and get back to looting. Don't forget to watch your six.

• Beans 5

Longest thread title ever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think he made the thread title what the first sentence of the topic was suppose to be. I'm gonna guess he is an xbox dude  😀

• Haha 1

Yr I’m Xbox can’t afford a pc. sorry was having abit of a rant about losing my gear due to only dieing once since bought the game. To be fare the servers are a lot better and more smooth now and it’s give me a new objective. Find new guns and gear and cook some fools. I only say that because I haven’t come across anyone on Xbox that is friendly. Just been lucky for a while that I had better gear and more ammo. Time to get back on the grind.

the character and server wipe was announced well in advance, everyone lost their gear ao your at no disadvantage to anyone, I understand your frustration though.

• Like 1

Rules of dayz - Dont build bases and put cars together - not worth anyones time... lol better off plays pubg since the driving is atleast better

Edited by AndrzejHook

On 3/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, Nayte said:

Knowing is half the battle.

The other half is shooting people in the face

10 minutes ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

The other half is shooting people in the face

Only if they deserve it. I don’t shoot unless hostility is shown. Makes things much more...interesting.

Just now, Nayte said:

Only if they deserve it. I don’t shoot unless hostility is shown. Makes things much more...interesting.

Agreed. Have always preferred being friendly. Back on mod, before the public hive went down the first time, had 98K humanity. Used to roll with Dr. Wasteland and The Red Shirts on Musty Gaming as well.

2 minutes ago, TheCreeper (DayZ) said:

Agreed. Have always preferred being friendly. Back on mod, before the public hive went down the first time, had 98K humanity. Used to roll with Dr. Wasteland and The Red Shirts on Musty Gaming as well.

Oh nice. I remember seeing something about a humanity system that was implemented on the mod. Saw there was a fancy blue flannel shirt that a hero would unlock after so long.

Personally, I’d really like to see some sort of morality system in the current build. It might cut down on all the kos PUBG-esque players we seem to be infested with. I mean, I get it’s a valid play style, though it seems there’re tons of missed opportunities to have that spice up the game play.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

Oh nice. I remember seeing something about a humanity system that was implemented on the mod. Saw there was a fancy blue flannel shirt that a hero would unlock after so long.

Personally, I’d really like to see some sort of morality system in the current build. It might cut down on all the kos PUBG-esque players we seem to be infested with. I mean, I get it’s a valid play style, though it seems there’re tons of missed opportunities to have that spice up the game play.

I'm on the same page, me and Rags, when he used to hang here, butted heads on the KOS issue more than once, then he put out an excellent video on why he did. The man earned my respect that day.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, Nayte said:

100% support this opinion. The game has the potential, but does not contribute to the moral priorities of the players.
A player may have a desire to preserve morality, but is not able to keep this priority, since in any chance meeting with players he can become KOS himself.
New players with moral principles in the game often find themselves in the focus of increased attention of KOS players, with the aim of cheating. Cheating is used to obtain tactical priority, in the anti-moral behavior of players.
There is no balance in this part of the gameplay, since KOS has an increased tactical advantage.
I think that the lack of balance in the game can restrict the development of moral players in the game.
You can talk as much as you like about communications, chat, and so on ... - this does not guarantee that players will not be deceived in order to gain tactical priority of KOS.