Tankmanelite _

OG Xbox performance

Welp, whatever you guys did to try and improve performance hasn't worked. I'm stuttering and freezing more than I did before. 

• Thanks 1

It feels like they've taken a step back in performance. It's a really annoying issue, lucky for me I'm building a PC next week so I won't be suffering for long.

me too, rendering in large towns is better but sound and FPS is worse for sure, plus im desyncing like a boss

Upgrade. I have a One X with a seagate external 4TB Hard drive. The game runs just fine. Like cmon they run an test everything on a gaming PC im sure that costs more then alot of cars. You really thing this game was made for a OG Xbox One. Im sure it wasn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

You really thing this game was made for a OG Xbox One. Im sure it wasn't.

Then the developers should not release it for OG xbox... right? 

• Like 1

Yesterday I changed my original xbx to xbx 1x. I played a couple of hours and I liked it. I also have an external 1 GB drive. I previously used the original xbx and here is a description of my pain. in a few days I will describe my result after the changes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Upgrade. I have a One X with a seagate external 4TB Hard drive. The game runs just fine. Like cmon they run an test everything on a gaming PC im sure that costs more then alot of cars. You really thing this game was made for a OG Xbox One. Im sure it wasn't.

Surely they shouldn't release it for the OG Xbox then, I mean, we all know that the hardware of the OG was outdated fairly quickly so it seems common sense not to Port titles from PC which can't be run at a stable 30fps. War thunder and pubg are other examples of ports that don't run that well. 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Then the developers should not release it for OG xbox... right? 

Haha bro i dont think they have a choice you know. They release the game on xbox one, they cant control who has OG to who has upgraded xbox kinda like how they cant control the same for someone who has a shitty PC to someone who has a fully decked out optimized PC.

1 hour ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Haha bro i dont think they have a choice you know. They release the game on xbox one, they cant control who has OG to who has upgraded xbox kinda like how they cant control the same for someone who has a shitty PC to someone who has a fully decked out optimized PC.

I guess, but it just means they need to do more work on the OG Xbox port. 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Then they should have done their job better or not released for the system at all.

Stop being such an elitist, not everyone has the option to upgrade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

The Xbox One X is a premium console, it's a optional choice for people who wants more power.

The original Xbox One and the Xbox One S are the two consoles were the vast majority of people are still playing.

All the games from the triple A industries are optimized for the main consoles and later enhanced for the X.

Edited by MarczXD320

PLayed yesterday on a day one OG Xbox wiht no issue all my games run of an external 4TB HDD (not SSD) and yesterday was the BEST performance has ever been for me.

Slight lag when clouds changed/wind picked up and a few dropped frames here and there but nowhere near what is was previously

• Beans 1

12 minutes ago, Rattik_ said:

PLayed yesterday on a day one OG Xbox wiht no issue all my games run of an external 4TB HDD (not SSD) and yesterday was the BEST performance has ever been for me.

Slight lag when clouds changed/wind picked up and a few dropped frames here and there but nowhere near what is was previously

Really? no sound lag at all on your og xbox?  I have og xbox and played it before the update frequently, lagged alot in the big cities and sound lag was horrible, now its even worse

8 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

Really? no sound lag at all on your og xbox?  I have og xbox and played it before the update frequently, lagged alot in the big cities and sound lag was horrible, now its even worse

Nope nothing was really smooth went through 2 large cities with no issues no sound lag nothing...

Are any of you guys on the 'insider' program? because I had a LOT of sound issues and frame rate drops in games. I thought it was the norm until I left the insider program (which requires a full reboot). 

Could be the problem. I have a 1X now and yeah, playing this last night was best it's ever been, internal HDD. 

I've had the game crash quite a few times so far. Irritating. I would get a one x but I need to spend money on getting my 98 zx6r back on the road. I'd rather ride than play. It's just sad that I feel it crashes more now. Menus and controls are great, like the zombies ECT but Fuck man last and crashes more now.

I know more updates are on the way, they should just rush through some updates that focus solely on it being more stable, I'm sure most of us can wait for bows ECT.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
Forgot

15 hours ago, Photek76 said:

Are any of you guys on the 'insider' program? because I had a LOT of sound issues and frame rate drops in games. I thought it was the norm until I left the insider program (which requires a full reboot). 

Could be the problem. I have a 1X now and yeah, playing this last night was best it's ever been, internal HDD. 

I am alpha ring in the insider program an I didn't have a issue.

17 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Then they should have done their job better or not released for the system at all.

I feel what you are saying bro but it is what it is. The game has been in development for 7 years tho with no thought of being released for consoles until the announcement of the One X an project Scorpio. With that tech I'm sure They wanted to spread out to consoles. I'm just lucky I had a great paying job to buy the One X.

19 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Its more about your internal hdd than the console itself, as it is same bottleneck with all xbox ones.. Just get external usb 3.0 hard drive, as it is cure for your rendering problems and gives you way faster loading times.

I have an OG and X and barely notice a difference.  Plays and looks great on both.  Granted on the X, you have 4K graphics but the OG still holds it weight.  The X isn’t God.  I play more of the base Xbox because it’s in my bedroom anyways.  

OG here with 500gb SSD.

Game has been way better since update and really haven't had any issues. As mentioned occasionally get the 1 to 2 sec freeze at some weather/wind changes but not all and not often.

Have not experienced any frame drops/ lag either. Now I haven't been to a Solinchy war yet or drove a car through town but all other comparison has been without issues.

Game has only crashed once out of roughly 16 hour of game play.

I checked. xbx1 and xbx1x is heaven and earth. There is definitely a difference. And the play has become more comfortable. Now we are waiting for the best optimization from the developers, because the jams during the change of weather remained. And sometimes throws out of the game.

Love how when a zombie hit you if you are on a big city the game completely freezes for 10-20 seconds and only come back again after you are already unconscious and on the brink of death (actually you die anyway, they keep hitting you even after you pass out)

• Like 2